Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:12:53 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/9/2015 6:07:27 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Thoughts?

That will be a huge plus for his rabid base. More reason for them to applaud his antics.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:14:31 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:12:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Thoughts?

That will be a huge plus for his rabid base. More reason for them to applaud his antics.

It would also make it extremely hard to function as a President, hypothetically, making a substantial talking point against him.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:15:23 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:14:31 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Thoughts?

It would also make it extremely hard to function as a President, hypothetically, making a substantial talking point against him.

Well, its not like its going to happen. It was a petition drive that reached the threshold.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:35:37 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:15:23 PM, TBR wrote:

Thoughts?

Well, its not like its going to happen. It was a petition drive that reached the threshold.

Read the article.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:39:46 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:35:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Thoughts?

Read the article.

Well, I did. What makes you think it WILL happen?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:52:59 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:39:46 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/9/2015 6:35:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Thoughts?

Read the article.

Well, I did. What makes you think it WILL happen?

I think that there is a real chance the Home Secretary does it.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:56:03 PM
Lol. "British" people can preach Islamic hate speech all they want but Trump is going to get banned from entering the country because he's right wing on immigration. Don't you guys just love signaling?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:56:57 PM
Merkel should be banned from the UK, not Trump.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:59:47 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:56:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
Lol. "British" people can preach Islamic hate speech all they want but Trump is going to get banned from entering the country because he's right wing on immigration. Don't you guys just love signaling?

I can't unpack that. Why quote British? What hate speech are you talking about?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:08:00 PM

Thoughts?

The UK should not try to influence US politics by discriminating against a certain candidate with certain views who has committed no crime and is not a threat to the UK's national security. Fortunately at this stage it's just civilians, but if the Government of the UK actually goes ahead and does this then then I'll hope that Trump wins and severs relations between the U.S. and the U.K because this is absolutely unacceptable.
(I am saying all this as a person who does not support Trump).
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:09:32 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:59:47 PM, TBR wrote:

"British" people like this can praise 9/11 and 7/7 without legal incident (https://en.wikipedia.org...). But yeah, what Trump said is totally worse than praising 9/11, right? We simply cannot have a discussion about the compatibility of Islamic culture with Western culture, or about how Islamic immigration effects Europe.

I would bet that the British government would treat "British" people coming back form Syria where they fought for ISIS with more respect than they would Trump.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:12:04 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:09:32 PM, thett3 wrote:

"British" people like this can praise 9/11 and 7/7 without legal incident (https://en.wikipedia.org...). But yeah, what Trump said is totally worse than praising 9/11, right? We simply cannot have a discussion about the compatibility of Islamic culture with Western culture, or about how Islamic immigration effects Europe.

I would bet that the British government would treat "British" people coming back form Syria where they fought for ISIS with more respect than they would Trump.

I see. Well, we are talking about a presidential candidate vs. a ordinary jacka$$.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:14:24 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:12:04 PM, TBR wrote:

I see. Well, we are talking about a presidential candidate vs. a ordinary jacka$$.

No, we're talking about a presidential candidate and a traitor. The British government will consider banning Trump for saying something that the silent majority all over Europe almost certainly supports (Muslim immigration to Europe has been a complete disaster. Not so much in the U.S.) but won't punish literal traitors living on its shores. It's like living in a crazy world...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:18:49 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:14:24 PM, thett3 wrote:

No, we're talking about a presidential candidate and a traitor. The British government will consider banning Trump for saying something that the silent majority all over Europe almost certainly supports (Muslim immigration to Europe has been a complete disaster. Not so much in the U.S.) but won't punish literal traitors living on its shores. It's like living in a crazy world...

OK. First, it is a petition drive. That means they have to talk the issue in parliament. That is not the same as saying "The British government will consider banning Trump" - while technically true, not a reality. If the people wanted to get a petition drive to consider doing the same to any Muslim, the government would have to react the same. Second, a president of the US is rightfully held to a much higher standard than some jacka$$, regardless is he is a trader or not. Denying this reality is stock for the Trump supporter. Yea, you are a spokesmen for ALL OF US, not just your rabid base.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:24:42 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:18:49 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/9/2015 7:14:24 PM, thett3 wrote:

OK. First, it is a petition drive. That means they have to talk the issue in parliament. That is not the same as saying "The British government will consider banning Trump" - while technically true, not a reality.

We'll see. Hopefully they don't, but like Harder said they will actually consider it.

If the people wanted to get a petition drive to consider doing the same to any Muslim, the government would have to react the same. Second, a president of the US is rightfully held to a much higher standard than some jacka$$, regardless is he is a trader or not. Denying this reality is stock for the Trump supporter. Yea, you are a spokesmen for ALL OF US, not just your rabid base.

56% of British people believe that Islam is a threat to Western democracy--and only 15% think it is not a threat at all (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...). Many Britons, upon hearing Trumps remarks, silently nodded their heads. It should be completely fair game to discuss the impact of Islamic immigration on a country, but European governments simply cannot allow that because if the public was allowed to vote on this issue they would lose handily. I hope they do ban Trump--maybe banning Trump for saying what most people at home are really thinking will wake the British people up to the fact that their government is not on their side.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:29:56 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:08:00 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Thoughts?

The UK should not try to influence US politics by discriminating against a certain candidate with certain views who has committed no crime and is not a threat to the UK's national security. Fortunately at this stage it's just civilians, but if the Government of the UK actually goes ahead and does this then then I'll hope that Trump wins and severs relations between the U.S. and the U.K because this is absolutely unacceptable.

I see your priorities are all right in good order. (/s)

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:31:48 PM
I'll hope that Trump wins and severs relations between the U.S. and the U.K because this is absolutely unacceptable.
That would be so sad. :(
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:35:28 PM
For the record, I absolutely LOVE Trump. Literally all the kind of things I've said on the site against Americans that made them hate me, he says against other people *as a public figure running for office in America*. The intense hatred people will have for not only him, but America as well, due to what he says, is going to be fantastic to witness. On the European sites I browse, literally everyone laughs at America.

This is so good. :)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:35:50 PM

Thoughts?

Fortunately at this stage it's just civilians, but if the Government of the UK actually goes ahead and does this then then I'll hope that Trump wins and severs relations between the U.S. and the U.K because this is absolutely unacceptable.

I doubt that a nearly 200 year old relationship between nations can be summarily severed by one idiot who happens to rise to power.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:37:00 PM

Thoughts?

Yes, ban Trump because we all know good British do not tolerate intolerant and hateful points of view.

http://www.britainfirst.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:37:57 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:35:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
I doubt that a nearly 200 year old relationship between nations can be summarily severed by one idiot who happens to rise to power.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking....
It can happen, and it should happen. Britain turning to the rest of Europe for cooperation instead of the artificial factory of nutjobs is going to be a great thing for all of us here.

Every European country should sever its relation with America periodically.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:41:50 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:37:00 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Yes, ban Trump because we all know good British do not tolerate intolerant and hateful points of view.

An Indian Muslim preacher, Zakir Naik, was forbidden entrance to the UK for saying nothing wrong: https://www.youtube.com...

It happens, and it should happen this time again. Trump, and most other American conservative politicians, should be forbidden entrance in Europe. That the British people take this important leap first is something we all ought to praise them for; they are an honourable people.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:11:12 PM
At 12/9/2015 7:41:50 PM, Mirza wrote:

An Indian Muslim preacher, Zakir Naik, was forbidden entrance to the UK for saying nothing wrong: https://www.youtube.com...

It happens, and it should happen this time again. Trump, and most other American conservative politicians, should be forbidden entrance in Europe. That the British people take this important leap first is something we all ought to praise them for; they are an honourable people.

Oh, you mean the honorable people that permitted around 1,400 children to be sexually molested over 15 years because the perpetrators were Pakistani? Yep, stay classy Britain. Don't let Trump nor anyone else interrupt that big hugbox you've got going over there.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:13:52 PM
At 12/9/2015 8:11:12 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Oh, you mean the honorable people that permitted around 1,400 children to be sexually molested over 15 years because the perpetrators were Pakistani? Yep, stay classy Britain. Don't let Trump nor anyone else interrupt that big hugbox you've got going over there.

Is there any government of a Western European country that isn't openly treasonous?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:17:50 PM
At 12/9/2015 8:11:12 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Not to mention all those times they didn't do anything to stop their government from being America's puppet and supporting much worse crimes than that one.

You're right, they're not that honourable. What was I thinking... :)
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:45:37 PM

Thoughts?
If they ban Trump, I'll be boycotting them.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:54:44 PM
At 12/9/2015 8:45:37 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Thoughts?
If they ban Trump, I'll be boycotting them.
I'm sure they'll really feel it.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 9:02:29 PM

He's specifically against free speech ("there is no death penalty for apostates in Islam, until, the apostate starts to preach his new religion: then he can be put to death."), so I find his challenge ironic.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King