Jump to topic:

The hypocritical left

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 1:15:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The left tells us seperation of state with one hand but tells us to be good Christians with its other hand by letting in Syrian refugees. So which is it? Complete seperation of Christianity from the state or not? To use "Christian principles" as an excuse to try and persuade us to help a group we cannot vet then take down the 10 commandments is wrong. Obama kept saying,"That's not who we are!" Really? Who are we? It's not a "Christian nation" according to him. So who are we? By taking Christianity out of everything, what we are declaring is that we are a governed system based on checks and balances with no sense of religious influence. They are to quit using "Christian values" when they need to then blocking them when it comes to anything else. Stop the hypocrisy Liberals. It's arrogant and madening to fight Christianity with all of your being, then turn around and claim we should be "tolerant and loving" to a other groups. AreLiberals compassionate or not. It's angering because I have been nontolerated by Liberals my entire life. I have had my beliefs mocked and challenged, even told "Christianity is dangerous" to America. Really? But now we should bring in thousands of Muslims after attacks in Paris and San Bernadino? Where is the line in the sand of bigotry for Liberals? All I see is "do not tolerate Christian views", but "tolerate minority views". What?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 1:42:07 AM
You need to accept that you are just a complete retard for your own safety
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:44:22 AM
At 12/16/2015 1:15:34 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
The left tells us seperation of state with one hand but tells us to be good Christians with its other hand by letting in Syrian refugees. So which is it? Complete seperation of Christianity from the state or not? To use "Christian principles" as an excuse to try and persuade us to help a group we cannot vet then take down the 10 commandments is wrong. Obama kept saying,"That's not who we are!" Really? Who are we? It's not a "Christian nation" according to him. So who are we? By taking Christianity out of everything, what we are declaring is that we are a governed system based on checks and balances with no sense of religious influence. They are to quit using "Christian values" when they need to then blocking them when it comes to anything else. Stop the hypocrisy Liberals. It's arrogant and madening to fight Christianity with all of your being, then turn around and claim we should be "tolerant and loving" to a other groups. AreLiberals compassionate or not. It's angering because I have been nontolerated by Liberals my entire life. I have had my beliefs mocked and challenged, even told "Christianity is dangerous" to America. Really? But now we should bring in thousands of Muslims after attacks in Paris and San Bernadino? Where is the line in the sand of bigotry for Liberals? All I see is "do not tolerate Christian views", but "tolerate minority views". What?

This is frighteningly stupid.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:49:34 AM
Please show me where in the constitution that has the phrase "seep ration between church and state". And rather than name calling how about you address the points OP made.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:05:18 AM
At 12/16/2015 1:42:07 AM, imabench wrote:

Was that it? Anything else?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:06:44 AM

I'm on the left and I don't use religion to justify my views. You're making an inaccurate generalization. Just stop mate, your posts are degenerating in quality day by day.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:06:55 AM
At 12/16/2015 2:44:22 AM, TheProphett wrote:

Letting in 250,000 Islamic refugees when Paris and California was attacked would be? Please, let me in on what wearing Liberal blindfolds is like?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:08:00 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:06:44 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

I'm on the left and I don't use religion to justify my views. You're making an inaccurate generalization. Just stop mate, your posts are degenerating in quality day by day.

This is a debate forum. Was that it?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:10:28 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:08:00 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

You haven't made any effort to hold respectable and intelligent conversations. I've had good discussions with conservatives who are smart and know how to hold an intelligent debate. You're not doing that, you're putting out post after post every few hours that basically blames the left for every problem. And to justify this you use ridiculous generalizations like the ones in this post.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:18:46 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:10:28 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

You haven't made any effort to hold respectable and intelligent conversations. I've had good discussions with conservatives who are smart and know how to hold an intelligent debate. You're not doing that, you're putting out post after post every few hours that basically blames the left for every problem. And to justify this you use ridiculous generalizations like the ones in this post.

Apparently you have not seen the actions and decisions of the current President. The military leadership told him that pulling out of Iraq was a very bad idea, so of course he pulled us out. The entire area completely destablelized. Iraq and Afghanistan were overrun and became controlled by ISIS. He did nothing. Then he declared ISIS was the "JV team". As they emass more and more support and go on a rampage of terrorism. He was told by the FBI that bringing in Syrian refugees was a horrible idea, so of course he started bringing them in. Are you completely blind?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:22:15 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:10:28 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

If Obama stuck his hand down your pants but said,"Shhhh...just go with it." You'd sit there and let him go to town wouldn't you?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:23:29 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:18:46 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Apparently you have not seen the actions and decisions of the current President. The military leadership told him that pulling out of Iraq was a very bad idea, so of course he pulled us out. The entire area completely destablelized. Iraq and Afghanistan were overrun and became controlled by ISIS. He did nothing. Then he declared ISIS was the "JV team". As they emass more and more support and go on a rampage of terrorism. He was told by the FBI that bringing in Syrian refugees was a horrible idea, so of course he started bringing them in. Are you completely blind?

Ok, first off, I'm not a fan of Barack Obama. This is why you should pull back with the generalizations. You fully assume that because I call myself a "progressive" I blindly support all left wing politicians. I don't support Obama's decision to pull out of Iraq that fast, it wasn't thought out, and we're seeing the consequences now.

I'm just trying to let you know that you're conduct on these forums really discredits your position. You seem to be pretty decently informed, and probably have a lot of quality discussion to contribute. But what you've been doing with these forum posts is pinning all the blame on everyone on the left wing, and then you attack them with ad hominems if they disagree. I'm just telling you to change your conduct. Keep saying what you're saying, but don't insult everyone who disagrees with you.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:24:49 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:22:15 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If Obama stuck his hand down your pants but said,"Shhhh...just go with it." You'd sit there and let him go to town wouldn't you?

Here you go with the crazy generalizations again. I don't view Obama in a good light, but your view of everyone on the left wing holding the exact same opinions is getting in the way of your ability to have good discussion. Again, your conduct really doesn't encourage any good debate at all, just look at the responses you're getting on this post.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:28:36 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:24:49 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 12/16/2015 4:22:15 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Here you go with the crazy generalizations again. I don't view Obama in a good light, but your view of everyone on the left wing holding the exact same opinions is getting in the way of your ability to have good discussion. Again, your conduct really doesn't encourage any good debate at all, just look at the responses you're getting on this post.

The Liberals on this forum use words like stupid, idiot, and godbother towards any nonliberals. Don't preach to me. I've seen your former posts.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:32:15 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:28:36 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
The Liberals on this forum use words like stupid, idiot, and godbother towards any nonliberals.

You'll find uninformed liberals anywhere, they're so common. That doesn't mean you have to start sounding like an uninformed conservative to combat them. Just hold intelligent discussion and be open to dissent. It's not hard.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:58:32 AM
At 12/16/2015 4:32:15 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
The Liberals on this forum use words like stupid, idiot, and godbother towards any nonliberals.

You'll find uninformed liberals anywhere, they're so common. That doesn't mean you have to start sounding like an uninformed conservative to combat them. Just hold intelligent discussion and be open to dissent. It's not hard.

I'm a Moderate. :'m one of those wierd "free thinkers" that is not anti homosexual, is pro choice on abortion, but is pro gun, and against refugees coming in. I don't base my views on ideological constructs but on what is good for my country. I voted for Jimmy Carter(Democrat), Ronald Reagan(Republican), George Bush the first time, Bill Clinton, George Bush Jr., and McCain. It just so happens that the current(and generalized) Liberal viewpoint is dangerous. If one has been studying religions for 40+ years like I have, one knows exactly what Fundamentalist Islam is, and is deadly to the core. Bringing in 250,000 Syrian refugees would be suicide. Sll it would take is .1% of them being radicalized to cause a big problem. And newsflash, Syria is not the capital of Moderate Islam. It's the home of fundamentalist dogma. This is insanity and complete madness.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 6:48:18 AM

His posts were never decent quality to begin with...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 3:01:50 PM
At 12/16/2015 4:58:32 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I'm a Moderate. :'m one of those wierd "free thinkers" that is not anti homosexual, is pro choice on abortion, but is pro gun, and against refugees coming in. I don't base my views on ideological constructs but on what is good for my country. I voted for Jimmy Carter(Democrat), Ronald Reagan(Republican), George Bush the first time, Bill Clinton, George Bush Jr., and McCain. It just so happens that the current(and generalized) Liberal viewpoint is dangerous. If one has been studying religions for 40+ years like I have, one knows exactly what Fundamentalist Islam is, and is deadly to the core. Bringing in 250,000 Syrian refugees would be suicide. Sll it would take is .1% of them being radicalized to cause a big problem. And newsflash, Syria is not the capital of Moderate Islam. It's the home of fundamentalist dogma. This is insanity and complete madness.

You either watch too much Fox News, follow Sarah Palin religiously, or were raised by a ultra conservative family. I think the latter and the former are most likely, but who knows.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 3:23:18 PM

1.) Every single religious state that there has ever been, has ended up persecuting someone; not least a significant number of people who fled to the USA during it's colonization.. You can't have freedom of religion without having a state that is free of religion. Hell, if Islam, or Atheism takes over as the prominent U.S. religion, you wouldn't want THEM to have the power to tell you what, where or how you should be able to exercise your personal conscience.

2.) The U.S. is not taking in 250,000 Syrian refugees, this number is simply a lie based on badly misrepresented facts.

3.) The president is trying to give the Xenophobic, Islamophobic religious nut jobs like you, and the religious people on the fence a reason to approve of it, over and above simply that it is the right thing to do; however it seems you are right, that if you have to remind people like you the Christ part of Christianity was all about helping those less fortunate, the hungry, poor and persecuted however you can; this probably isn't much of a Christian Country...
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:29:55 AM
At 12/16/2015 3:01:50 PM, TheProphett wrote:

You either watch too much Fox News, follow Sarah Palin religiously, or were raised by a ultra conservative family. I think the latter and the former are most likely, but who knows.

I think that's giving him a bit too much credit~~he's just a stupid troll.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:59:15 PM
At 12/16/2015 4:06:55 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Letting in 250,000 Islamic refugees when Paris and California was attacked would be? Please, let me in on what wearing Liberal blindfolds is like?

Should we ban humans since it was all humans doing these attacks?
briantheliberal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:06:43 PM

No, what is hypocritical is conservatives who also identify as Christians and use their religion to either influence or dictate legislation cherry picking what standards they want to live by and how their religion should be involved in politics ONLY when it's convenient for them. You claim to be "god fearing Christians" when you want to discriminate against gays and strip them of their rights as American citizens or prevent women from taking control of their reproductive health, then completely abandon your "morals" when confronted with a situation that actually requires some of that good old Christian compassion you right wingers never seem to show. That is why the "left" is appealing to your so called Christian convictions, because it's actually YOUR hypocrisy that they are trying to expose. Keep your religion out of politics entirely and it won't be used against you when you try to disregard its actual teachings to promote your selfish, bigotry agenda.
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:04:17 PM
At 12/19/2015 2:06:43 PM, briantheliberal wrote:

No, what is hypocritical is conservatives who also identify as Christians and use their religion to either influence or dictate legislation cherry picking what standards they want to live by and how their religion should be involved in politics ONLY when it's convenient for them. You claim to be "god fearing Christians" when you want to discriminate against gays and strip them of their rights as American citizens
Since when did conservatives discriminate? Opposition to gay marriage is not discrimination.
or prevent women from taking control of their reproductive health,
Do you really think conservatives oppose abortion because of religion? They don't. They do it because the human life matters to them.
then completely abandon your "morals" when confronted with a situation that actually requires some of that good old Christian compassion you right wingers never seem to show.
And when does that ever happen?
That is why the "left" is appealing to your so called Christian convictions, because it's actually YOUR hypocrisy that they are trying to expose. Keep your religion out of politics entirely and it won't be used against you when you try to disregard its actual teachings to promote your selfish, bigotry agenda.
I don't have a signature. :-)
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:58:09 PM

your profile picture is of a degenerate. anything else?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:00:01 PM
At 12/16/2015 4:23:29 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 12/16/2015 4:18:46 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Ok, first off, I'm not a fan of Barack Obama. This is why you should pull back with the generalizations. You fully assume that because I call myself a "progressive" I blindly support all left wing politicians. I don't support Obama's decision to pull out of Iraq that fast, it wasn't thought out, and we're seeing the consequences now.

I'm just trying to let you know that you're conduct on these forums really discredits your position. You seem to be pretty decently informed, and probably have a lot of quality discussion to contribute. But what you've been doing with these forum posts is pinning all the blame on everyone on the left wing, and then you attack them with ad hominems if they disagree. I'm just telling you to change your conduct. Keep saying what you're saying, but don't insult everyone who disagrees with you.

yes you are. your profile pic is of his twin brother. don't deny it.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:01:03 PM
At 12/18/2015 10:59:15 PM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/16/2015 4:06:55 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Should we ban humans since it was all humans doing these attacks?

yes.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:02:09 PM
At 12/19/2015 2:06:43 PM, briantheliberal wrote:

No, what is hypocritical is conservatives who also identify as Christians and use their religion to either influence or dictate legislation cherry picking what standards they want to live by and how their religion should be involved in politics ONLY when it's convenient for them. You claim to be "god fearing Christians" when you want to discriminate against gays and strip them of their rights as American citizens or prevent women from taking control of their reproductive health, then completely abandon your "morals" when confronted with a situation that actually requires some of that good old Christian compassion you right wingers never seem to show. That is why the "left" is appealing to your so called Christian convictions, because it's actually YOUR hypocrisy that they are trying to expose. Keep your religion out of politics entirely and it won't be used against you when you try to disregard its actual teachings to promote your selfish, bigotry agenda.

I can see up your nose in your profile pic. blow your nose.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:02:37 PM
At 12/16/2015 1:42:07 AM, imabench wrote:
Shut up.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:03:26 PM
At 12/16/2015 3:01:50 PM, TheProphett wrote:

you were obviously raised by a raging homosexual that liked Yoda and his green rod.