Jump to topic:

All this talk about war in the middle east

ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 1:52:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Current standing politicians and candidates speak of war, though I don't recall one being declared. The USA, and/or coalition member(s), should declare war so the citizens and allies can either support or oppose this 'war'. Specify who it is were fighting against, is it ISIL, Syria, Sunnis, Shias, Islam, the middle east in general, etc
History reflects its not effective to declare war on an ideals such as poverty, drugs, terrorism, etc
Thoughts?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:16:15 AM
At 12/16/2015 1:52:24 AM, ironslippers wrote:
The USA, and/or coalition member(s), should declare war so the citizens and allies can either support or oppose this 'war'.

No. War is hell.
brycef
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:48:41 AM
At 12/16/2015 1:52:24 AM, ironslippers wrote:
Current standing politicians and candidates speak of war, though I don't recall one being declared. The USA, and/or coalition member(s), should declare war so the citizens and allies can either support or oppose this 'war'. Specify who it is were fighting against, is it ISIL, Syria, Sunnis, Shias, Islam, the middle east in general, etc
History reflects its not effective to declare war on an ideals such as poverty, drugs, terrorism, etc
Thoughts?

We're fighting against ISIL. It's that simple. Assad is not a friend, but he's not a priority either. ISIL are the most extreme sect of Sunni jihadists, and most Sunnis stand strongly against them. We are not even concerned with Shia muslims right now, and in fact, the west would be smart to work with Iran, the most significant Shia body, in this conflict. Russia already is. It is VERY important that we don't turn this conflict into an anti-muslim or anti-Middle Eastern conflict because the majority of the Middle East are willing allies in the fight against ISIL, and to antagonize them would only help ISIL.