Vladimir Putin on Trump

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 4:27:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I was checking BBC on my iPad at lunch today and found this:

"He wants to move to another level of relations, a closer, deeper level of relations with Russia. How can we not welcome this? Of course we welcome this...his manner of speaking, what he employs to raise his popularity (is not of Russia's concern) - it is not our business to rate this part of his work."

Some people might not care that much, but I found it interesting.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 10:29:11 PM
At 12/17/2015 4:27:38 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"He wants to move to another level of relations, a closer, deeper level of relations with Russia. How can we not welcome this? Of course we welcome this...his manner of speaking, what he employs to raise his popularity (is not of Russia's concern) - it is not our business to rate this part of his work."

Yes its logical that as the candidate pushing for closer ties with Russia that Putin would support him. When compared with the rest of the republican field it is not surprising Putin wants an American president who will give him leeway to achieve strategic objectives in Russia's region of influence while avoiding a hostile tense relationship which disadvantages both countries.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:17:33 PM
At 12/17/2015 10:29:11 PM, beng100 wrote:

Yes its logical that as the candidate pushing for closer ties with Russia that Putin would support him. When compared with the rest of the republican field it is not surprising Putin wants an American president who will give him leeway to achieve strategic objectives in Russia's region of influence while avoiding a hostile tense relationship which disadvantages both countries.

Trump supports closer ties with Russia?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 11:41:05 PM
At 12/17/2015 11:17:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Actually, yeah I think so. He claims he's the only one who could work effectively with Putin.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:40:47 AM
He does. I also find that both Trump and Putin are or at least would be leaders who would do what is in their best interest, rather than what seems to be cordial or "politically correct".
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:58:07 AM

I found it interesting, too. It seems natural that the leader of a country considered to be a foe of the US would say good things about a potential leader of the US who he thinks he can outmaneuver because of that leader's ego or inept policies. It doesn't seem likely that he would support a leader who would actually strengthen his "foe's" position. I think it would be naive to let the leaders of other nations sway Americans' choice for President.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 8:14:36 AM
At 12/17/2015 11:17:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

From my understanding yes. He certainly is not taking the hardline stance against it many of his opponents are.
Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 7:14:47 PM
"Vladimir Putin on Trump," is the topic of subject on debate.org Dec. 18Th. 2015
Vladimir Putin praising Trump is backhanded compliment, That is "What might at first sound like a compliment but could/should really be taken as an insult when considered in its entirety."
Vladimir Putin , I'm quite sure, doesn't wish America well and if he is singing the praises of Donald trump it's almost a sure bet that Putin is only doing it because he thinks that Donald Trump either can be managed to Russia's benefit or he thinks that the best way to keep a real conservative from winning the election who would beat Hillary Clinton is to promote someone Putin thinks will lose the election for the republicans, and one who Putin believes will help the Russians,"Hillary Clinton," best America in any future negotiations with America.
Your worst and most dangerous enemy is the person that injures you under the pretensions of friendship.
NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections
Take Heed Donald Trump and the republican Party.....Putin is not your friend...