Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question For Americans & Europeans

Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:45:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Please explain which real and fake issues you have in mind? Unfortunately I doubt anyone can answer this unless they happen to be a member of a government! It will be pure speculation.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 11:07:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:45:47 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Please explain which real and fake issues you have in mind? Unfortunately I doubt anyone can answer this unless they happen to be a member of a government! It will be pure speculation.

- You're from the UK, right? Fake problems in this case are, for instance, those related to ISIS. Real problems are those related to social injustice, wealth disparity, poverty, unemployment, tax evasion, oligarchy, education, health...
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 11:21:08 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 11:07:44 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:45:47 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Please explain which real and fake issues you have in mind? Unfortunately I doubt anyone can answer this unless they happen to be a member of a government! It will be pure speculation.

- You're from the UK, right? Fake problems in this case are, for instance, those related to ISIS. Real problems are those related to social injustice, wealth disparity, poverty, unemployment, tax evasion, oligarchy, education, health...

Yes im from the uk. Well i cant tell you when my country will entirely deal with these problems. Scope for improvement is clearly there but i dont think entirely eniminating these issues is possible. The government does try to combat these issues but there is certainly room for improvement. A country is hard to run though and there are no examples in history of a perfect country or government.

Islamic state is a world problem in my view and I believe eliminating it is neccessary for security and moral reasons. However I agree it is far from the biggest current problem. In my view the biggest issue in the UK is the 1. 6 trillion pound national debt and 100 billion annual budget deficit.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 12:31:02 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 11:21:08 PM, beng100 wrote:

Yes im from the uk. Well i cant tell you when my country will entirely deal with these problems. Scope for improvement is clearly there but i dont think entirely eniminating these issues is possible. The government does try to combat these issues but there is certainly room for improvement. A country is hard to run though and there are no examples in history of a perfect country or government.

- Nordic countries are doing much better.

Islamic state is a world problem in my view and I believe eliminating it is neccessary for security and moral reasons.

- It's only a world problem because foreigners decided to put their noses in it. ISIS is 99.9% short on the sources it needs to constitute any viable threat to Britain. Sharks & bathtubs are more dangerous to Brits than ISIS.

However I agree it is far from the biggest current problem.

- It's an insignificant problem, as far as Brits are concerned. The issue is when these fake problems dominate the Media & serve as the perfect political tools to controls the populace & win votes, while the real issues are avoided.

In my view the biggest issue in the UK is the 1. 6 trillion pound national debt and 100 billion annual budget deficit.

- That's a symptom, not an issue. The issue is the Banking System. The UK went from 20% share of global GDP (I think) in the beginning of the 20th century to roughly 2%. Your nation doesn't have the luxury to worry & argue about fake problems.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 12:44:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 11:21:08 PM, beng100 wrote:

- Oops! Typos:
> "sources" => resources.
> "political tools to controls" => political tool to control.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:00:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

This is a somewhat loaded question. There are organizations and good people that are trying to solve the problems of social injustice, poverty, education, etc. It just comes down to what is more important and the direction to that solution. I disagree with you that you are undermining the hard work of these people because it is very challenging since there are many layers to the problems. There is no overnight fix to problems that have been ongoing for centuries. I do agree with you that certain parties in government and media bias can easily create a diversion from the actual issues, and there is a term for that, demagogue, which pulls the attention away from the actual problems.

The voices and actions of people is not mutually exclusive to those of the government as both can be different. As there are people who try to be selfless and try to do good, there are also people who are selfish and cater to their own needs. You can see this in the current United States presidential candidates of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Both are very popular candidates. One has actual solutions while the other places the problems somewhere else and has solutions to those, which seems to successful since it is a solution to a problem whether you like it or not.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:06:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 12:31:02 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/18/2015 11:21:08 PM, beng100 wrote:

Yes im from the uk. Well i cant tell you when my country will entirely deal with these problems. Scope for improvement is clearly there but i dont think entirely eniminating these issues is possible. The government does try to combat these issues but there is certainly room for improvement. A country is hard to run though and there are no examples in history of a perfect country or government.

- Nordic countries are doing much better.

On what measurement is this statement based? We are doing better then most of Europe on these issues though.

Islamic state is a world problem in my view and I believe eliminating it is neccessary for security and moral reasons.

- It's only a world problem because foreigners decided to put their noses in it. ISIS is 99.9% short on the sources it needs to constitute any viable threat to Britain. Sharks & bathtubs are more dangerous to Brits than ISIS.


Yes the decision to invade Iraq in my view is the root cause of the issue. Despite disagreeing with the decision to invade the fact we did means we are morally responsible to prevent Isis controllolling vast swathes of Iraqi territory. Isis is a particularly evil group ideologically worse then even the Nazi party in my view with plans to conquer the world and kill everyone who disagrees with their opinions. In my view the best way to prevent these evil terrorists ever cauising a problem is dealing with them before they cause a security threat not after. The Paris and California attacks are recent examples of terrorism.

However I agree it is far from the biggest current problem.

- It's an insignificant problem, as far as Brits are concerned. The issue is when these fake problems dominate the Media & serve as the perfect political tools to controls the populace & win votes, while the real issues are avoided.

Agree the media over plays the level of threat from Isis as do the politicians. However the reality of democracy and free media is politicians trying to win votes by appealing to what is important to voters and media covering stories that interest viewers, readers and listeners

In my view the biggest issue in the UK is the 1. 6 trillion pound national debt and 100 billion annual budget deficit.

- That's a symptom, not an issue. The issue is the Banking System. The UK went from 20% share of global GDP (I think) in the beginning of the 20th century to roughly 2%. Your nation doesn't have the luxury to worry & argue about fake problems.

The drop in a world gdp share is mainly due to the loss of the empire. Out population% and territory% of the world's population is probably around 10 times lower than the 1910s. In my view the debt is our biggest problem. It was caused by calamitous economic mismanagement, wasteful spending and excessive borrowing while not upping taxes to match spending increases. The country is not efficient enough in its general function. Money being wasted in so many areas could be spent addressing real issues. We waste too much serving interest payments. It needs to be reduced. I agree worrying less about Isis is a good idea. However in a democracy you have to respect the majority view.
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:10:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

I donate to the VVA and am an American. If the typical Liberal American cared as much about Veterans as refugees, veterans wouldn't be dying from a lack of funds to pay for their medical.
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:18:28 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:10:08 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

I donate to the VVA and am an American. If the typical Liberal American cared as much about Veterans as refugees, veterans wouldn't be dying from a lack of funds to pay for their medical.

You assume I am Liberal since I disagree with you? Have you heard of the Zadroga Act that is having a difficult time being passed? This bill is suppose to support the people who acted in the after effects of the 9/11 events. Are these people not as justified in receiving help? I denounce people like Ted Cruz as a senator for not supporting this bill. I praise you for your contributions to what you believe in, as I donate to Save the Children, but it is impossible to donate to every charity that we believe in. If you truly believe in helping these vets as a priority, then take actions. I am as American as you are as well.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:22:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:18:28 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:10:08 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

I donate to the VVA and am an American. If the typical Liberal American cared as much about Veterans as refugees, veterans wouldn't be dying from a lack of funds to pay for their medical.

You assume I am Liberal since I disagree with you? Have you heard of the Zadroga Act that is having a difficult time being passed? This bill is suppose to support the people who acted in the after effects of the 9/11 events. Are these people not as justified in receiving help? I denounce people like Ted Cruz as a senator for not supporting this bill. I praise you for your contributions to what you believe in, as I donate to Save the Children, but it is impossible to donate to every charity that we believe in. If you truly believe in helping these vets as a priority, then take actions. I am as American as you are as well.

Nope. I assume you are Liberal because new profiles keep popping up that are imposter profiles made up by well, Liberals.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:23:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Plus gun control is a liberal belief...wink
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:24:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:22:07 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:18:28 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:10:08 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

I donate to the VVA and am an American. If the typical Liberal American cared as much about Veterans as refugees, veterans wouldn't be dying from a lack of funds to pay for their medical.

You assume I am Liberal since I disagree with you? Have you heard of the Zadroga Act that is having a difficult time being passed? This bill is suppose to support the people who acted in the after effects of the 9/11 events. Are these people not as justified in receiving help? I denounce people like Ted Cruz as a senator for not supporting this bill. I praise you for your contributions to what you believe in, as I donate to Save the Children, but it is impossible to donate to every charity that we believe in. If you truly believe in helping these vets as a priority, then take actions. I am as American as you are as well.

Nope. I assume you are Liberal because new profiles keep popping up that are imposter profiles made up by well, Liberals.

Well, your assumption by inductive reasoning is wrong and typically is not a strong argument.
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:27:22 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:23:27 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:06:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 12:41:44 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Never. That's why we are taking in Syrian refugees while having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Hey, it's you again. I disagree with what you said since there has been progress in addressing this issue. Since you believe it is never, that has led me to believe that you don't care enough about the problem to address it and accepted the premise that you are satisfied with having thousands of homeless veterans with no benefits.

Plus gun control is a liberal belief...wink

..and anti abortion is a conservative belief. I like how you cherry pick things to support you. Not only that, but there are conservatives that believe that there should at least be some gun control. If you look at one of my debates, I actually support the Second Amendment and gun ownership.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:28:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

Please specify what exactly you're talking about...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
stargate
Posts: 506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:49:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
1. We shall not stop, Isis is a threat to us and everyone around this world, they are labeled as a terrorist group and the un even wants it gone. Every nations should help to ate Isis out. Isis has preformed countless war crimes and crimes aginst humanity and has preformed attacks in other nations killing hundreds of civilizans. They sell and buy young girls who are from a minority that are being targeted by them. Isis is a gobal threat and must be stop by any means short of nukes. This is to ensure less people die, and less people get raped, wood and bough like cattle. Tell me why should we let this evil live? Tell me are the lives of millions not important enough to protect? You do not want the west to take action then why do the middle eastern nations do barley anything to stop it? Why does the Arab nations in the middle east usally have some insain dictorship with a poor human rights record?

2. You have no right to say that we should not fight terrorism, when we fight it to ensure a better world, to ensure less Americans ex die from terrorism. They target the week, they make us fear them, they brought the war to us they have killed our people so why should we not fight back?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:08:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:00:40 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

This is a somewhat loaded question.

- Indeed. :)

There are organizations and good people that are trying to solve the problems of social injustice, poverty, education, etc.

- I am referring to the governments, obviously.

It just comes down to what is more important and the direction to that solution. I disagree with you that you are undermining the hard work of these people because it is very challenging since there are many layers to the problems.

- You should probably direct this reproach to the governments who dedicate very little effort in supporting these people.

There is no overnight fix to problems that have been ongoing for centuries.

- Engaging the problems still helps, rather than avoiding them.

I do agree with you that certain parties in government and media bias can easily create a diversion from the actual issues, and there is a term for that, demagogue, which pulls the attention away from the actual problems.

- Go on.

The voices and actions of people is not mutually exclusive to those of the government as both can be different. As there are people who try to be selfless and try to do good, there are also people who are selfish and cater to their own needs.

- Good point. The problem is, these system breeds selfishness, by design. Now, your country is looking more & more like a plutocracy.

You can see this in the current United States presidential candidates of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Both are very popular candidates. One has actual solutions while the other places the problems somewhere else and has solutions to those, which seems to successful since it is a solution to a problem whether you like it or not.

- That's the core of the issue: POLITICS.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:12:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:49:16 AM, stargate wrote:
1. We shall not stop, Isis is a threat to us and everyone around this world, they are labeled as a terrorist group and the un even wants it gone. Every nations should help to ate Isis out. Isis has preformed countless war crimes and crimes aginst humanity and has preformed attacks in other nations killing hundreds of civilizans. They sell and buy young girls who are from a minority that are being targeted by them. Isis is a gobal threat and must be stop by any means short of nukes. This is to ensure less people die, and less people get raped, wood and bough like cattle. Tell me why should we let this evil live? Tell me are the lives of millions not important enough to protect? You do not want the west to take action then why do the middle eastern nations do barley anything to stop it? Why does the Arab nations in the middle east usally have some insain dictorship with a poor human rights record?

2. You have no right to say that we should not fight terrorism, when we fight it to ensure a better world, to ensure less Americans ex die from terrorism. They target the week, they make us fear them, they brought the war to us they have killed our people so why should we not fight back?

The United States kill civilians too, but I guess that isn't wrong because they are the "good" guys. Sex trafficking and prostitution of girls at around the age of 14 is a business in the United States, but I guess media won't address it since capitalism is great. I don't disagree with you that ISIS is a problem, but the United States was the one who helped created the crisis.

Imagine a foreign power coming into the US and assassinating the president and bringing in their ideals that does not match yours. You would want revenge and to bring back your government. Well, that is what the US did to the middle east.
stargate
Posts: 506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:37:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:12:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:49:16 AM, stargate wrote:
1. We shall not stop, Isis is a threat to us and everyone around this world, they are labeled as a terrorist group and the un even wants it gone. Every nations should help to ate Isis out. Isis has preformed countless war crimes and crimes aginst humanity and has preformed attacks in other nations killing hundreds of civilizans. They sell and buy young girls who are from a minority that are being targeted by them. Isis is a gobal threat and must be stop by any means short of nukes. This is to ensure less people die, and less people get raped, wood and bough like cattle. Tell me why should we let this evil live? Tell me are the lives of millions not important enough to protect? You do not want the west to take action then why do the middle eastern nations do barley anything to stop it? Why does the Arab nations in the middle east usally have some insain dictorship with a poor human rights record?

2. You have no right to say that we should not fight terrorism, when we fight it to ensure a better world, to ensure less Americans ex die from terrorism. They target the week, they make us fear them, they brought the war to us they have killed our people so why should we not fight back?

The United States kill civilians too, but I guess that isn't wrong because they are the "good" guys. Sex trafficking and prostitution of girls at around the age of 14 is a business in the United States, but I guess media won't address it since capitalism is great. I don't disagree with you that ISIS is a problem, but the United States was the one who helped created the crisis.

Imagine a foreign power coming into the US and assassinating the president and bringing in their ideals that does not match yours. You would want revenge and to bring back your government. Well, that is what the US did to the middle east.

1. That leader ruled by having a ruthless dictorship. He also preformed mass genocide, forced the Kurds our of there homes just due to being Kurds. He also had used chemical weapons before, also know as bio warfare. The goverment had many war crimes and crimes aginst humanity. I will not shed a tear he died.

2. The reason Isis rose up and became what it is today is due to two major factors. The first being the us withdraw in the end of the Iraq war. We pulled out before the Iraq goverment and army was ready to take over full control of there nation this lead to chaos, and a power vacum. The second major factor is the Syrian civil war, due to it Isis expanded in eastern Syria.

3. I never said the us is a angle or perfect, but I know we try to do good things. We may be bad when it comes to some things, but we are one of the lesser evils in this world.
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:40:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:08:51 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:00:40 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems & start really solving your own real problems?

This is a somewhat loaded question.

- Indeed. :)

There are organizations and good people that are trying to solve the problems of social injustice, poverty, education, etc.

- I am referring to the governments, obviously.

It just comes down to what is more important and the direction to that solution. I disagree with you that you are undermining the hard work of these people because it is very challenging since there are many layers to the problems.

- You should probably direct this reproach to the governments who dedicate very little effort in supporting these people.

There is no overnight fix to problems that have been ongoing for centuries.

- Engaging the problems still helps, rather than avoiding them.

I do agree with you that certain parties in government and media bias can easily create a diversion from the actual issues, and there is a term for that, demagogue, which pulls the attention away from the actual problems.

- Go on.

The voices and actions of people is not mutually exclusive to those of the government as both can be different. As there are people who try to be selfless and try to do good, there are also people who are selfish and cater to their own needs.

- Good point. The problem is, these system breeds selfishness, by design. Now, your country is looking more & more like a plutocracy.

You can see this in the current United States presidential candidates of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Both are very popular candidates. One has actual solutions while the other places the problems somewhere else and has solutions to those, which seems to successful since it is a solution to a problem whether you like it or not.

- That's the core of the issue: POLITICS.

So I guess we do agree that it is all government and politics and the problems lie within the system. That will save me a lengthy debate. :)

A big problem with the United States is the corruption in government. It is so bad that some people gave up on the process and there is now distrust in the establishment, but that does not mean all the people gave up. It is to the point where money is a form of freedom of speech and corporations are counted as people. Of course, you can imagine a world where the rich elites basically control the government to their choosing and control the minds of common people. As long as these elites are able to give a false sense of freedom and democracy, then life continues. You might be asking why did we let this all happen? Well, there is a lot of factors like Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber keeping Americans distracted. On a more serious note, the United States have a poor educational system and the people are not as informed or does not care as much. Even if they are informed, well you guessed it, the media is controlled. Thankfully, with technology such as the internet, information gets passed around much more easier with less regulations as well as the population reliance on it. There has been attempts to regulate the internet, but those regulations did not pass.

Currently, there is a candidate by the name of Bernie Sanders who is trying to take back the government and represent the people. He is quite popular even though it is an uphill battle with the establishment trying to bring him and the voices of people down since well, they want to stay in power. Since money is a big part of corruption and is a form of freedom of speech, the politicians and media is bought off to lead the American people astray. People can easily give in to fear and that is precisely the tactic that is being used. They can say Muslim people are here to kill you even though it might not be factual. The thought process probably goes like this, I don't want to be killed and if these Muslim people are the ones, then down with Muslim people. Let's kill them before they kill us. This panic diverts the issues of education, poverty, social injustice, etc since who cares about those issues when my life is at stake.

I agree with you on engaging the problem instead of avoiding it since how else is the problem going to be fixed if it is not being worked on. The problem is though, most people want an overnight fix and don't want to be deeply involve in the problem, which is a problem in itself. If it isn't fixed, then let's blame people.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:44:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:06:14 AM, beng100 wrote:

On what measurement is this statement based?

- Nordic countries have a tendency to tackle real issues rather than fake ones.

We are doing better then most of Europe on these issues though.

- That's just legacy. At this rate, 3rd world country are going to catch up to you & even surpass you soon.

Yes the decision to invade Iraq in my view is the root cause of the issue. Despite disagreeing with the decision to invade the fact we did means we are morally responsible to prevent Isis controllolling vast swathes of Iraqi territory. Isis is a particularly evil group ideologically worse then even the Nazi party in my view with plans to conquer the world and kill everyone who disagrees with their opinions.

- Not really. ISIS's ideology is pretty known, their politics are messy at this point. They don't really plan to conquer the World, nor do they plan on killing anyone who disagrees with them. They do believe their way of life is ordained, eventually in the future, for all mankind, you know, the end of time & such. They also don't hesitate to kill anyone if they believe they deserve to die. But those beliefs are very known.

In my view the best way to prevent these evil terrorists ever cauising a problem is dealing with them before they cause a security threat not after. The Paris and California attacks are recent examples of terrorism.

- These evil blahblah are not posing any threat whatsoever to your country particularly. They are half way across the world from you. People killed from just domestic terrorist attacks are far greater than those killed by these guys. As I said, bathtubs kill much more people than these guys. It's an utter waste of resources to pursue the ghost of terrorism, at the expense of having other serious issues taken care of.

Agree the media over plays the level of threat from Isis as do the politicians. However the reality of democracy and free media is politicians trying to win votes by appealing to what is important to voters and media covering stories that interest viewers, readers and listeners

- Which is also a serious problem. The Media essentially became a market for the highest bidder, a tool for the lobbyists & the elites to further extend their influence on the masses. The Media doesn't seek the genuine interests of the population, it treats them as mere consumers.

The drop in a world gdp share is mainly due to the loss of the empire. Out population% and territory% of the world's population is probably around 10 times lower than the 1910s.

- In the 50s its share was 7%, in the 70s nearly 5%, in the 2000s 3%...

In my view the debt is our biggest problem. It was caused by calamitous economic mismanagement, wasteful spending and excessive borrowing while not upping taxes to match spending increases.

- All those are symptoms of a much deeper problem, the systematic kind.

The country is not efficient enough in its general function. Money being wasted in so many areas could be spent addressing real issues. We waste too much serving interest payments. It needs to be reduced. I agree worrying less about Isis is a good idea. However in a democracy you have to respect the majority view.

- One: the majority view is not really respected. The government doesn't ask for a referendum every time they wanna issue a policy. Two: the majority view is influenced by those who decide policy in the government! Something has to change here.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
geho89
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 3:04:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:37:56 AM, stargate wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:12:19 AM, geho89 wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:49:16 AM, stargate wrote:
1. We shall not stop, Isis is a threat to us and everyone around this world, they are labeled as a terrorist group and the un even wants it gone. Every nations should help to ate Isis out. Isis has preformed countless war crimes and crimes aginst humanity and has preformed attacks in other nations killing hundreds of civilizans. They sell and buy young girls who are from a minority that are being targeted by them. Isis is a gobal threat and must be stop by any means short of nukes. This is to ensure less people die, and less people get raped, wood and bough like cattle. Tell me why should we let this evil live? Tell me are the lives of millions not important enough to protect? You do not want the west to take action then why do the middle eastern nations do barley anything to stop it? Why does the Arab nations in the middle east usally have some insain dictorship with a poor human rights record?

2. You have no right to say that we should not fight terrorism, when we fight it to ensure a better world, to ensure less Americans ex die from terrorism. They target the week, they make us fear them, they brought the war to us they have killed our people so why should we not fight back?

The United States kill civilians too, but I guess that isn't wrong because they are the "good" guys. Sex trafficking and prostitution of girls at around the age of 14 is a business in the United States, but I guess media won't address it since capitalism is great. I don't disagree with you that ISIS is a problem, but the United States was the one who helped created the crisis.

Imagine a foreign power coming into the US and assassinating the president and bringing in their ideals that does not match yours. You would want revenge and to bring back your government. Well, that is what the US did to the middle east.

1. That leader ruled by having a ruthless dictorship. He also preformed mass genocide, forced the Kurds our of there homes just due to being Kurds. He also had used chemical weapons before, also know as bio warfare. The goverment had many war crimes and crimes aginst humanity. I will not shed a tear he died.

2. The reason Isis rose up and became what it is today is due to two major factors. The first being the us withdraw in the end of the Iraq war. We pulled out before the Iraq goverment and army was ready to take over full control of there nation this lead to chaos, and a power vacum. The second major factor is the Syrian civil war, due to it Isis expanded in eastern Syria.

3. I never said the us is a angle or perfect, but I know we try to do good things. We may be bad when it comes to some things, but we are one of the lesser evils in this world.

Even if they were ruled by a ruthless dictator, why is it the United States' job to police the world when we have problems of our own. The US can't even take care of its vets that are being set out to these wars. You don't see the US going into all of Africa and declaring war on all of them. Eventually those dictators would have been overthrown by the people with the Arab Spring. It also happened in European countries like France with the overthrowing of the king in history.

During the American Civil War, there was no intervention from other nations in terms of them mobilizing their military. Even if that were the case, the elites of the United Kingdom and France wanted to support the Confederacy and thank god they didn't come in because the elites normally control the government even if the people were more in favor of the Union. America was able to eventually continue on to what it is today from no intervention of other nations during that time.

Did you know that the US is the only nation to use a nuclear bomb? If that is not a crime against humanity, then there should be no distinction with any other actions in the world.

You might want to do research on what the US did in Iran and Vietnam when they stayed in those countries. Let me warn you though, it didn't end well.

How can you say that the US is the lesser of two evil? Do you even know how a civilian in say, Syria lives and how the majority of them view the US? It is no wonder they follow ISIS with the ideology of Imperial America. Do you even know how Germany views the US? I even fear for other nations, including our allies that the US have the power in terms of nukes and budget to destroy any nation and disrupt the peace in the world.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 4:32:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:32:14 PM, Yassine wrote:
When are your nations going to stop faking solving foreign fake problems

Like?

& start really solving your own real problems?

Isn't that what Bernie Sanders is going to do if he becomes president?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:04:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 3:04:44 AM, geho89 wrote:

Even if they were ruled by a ruthless dictator, why is it the United States' job to police the world when we have problems of our own. The US can't even take care of its vets that are being set out to these wars. You don't see the US going into all of Africa and declaring war on all of them. Eventually those dictators would have been overthrown by the people with the Arab Spring. It also happened in European countries like France with the overthrowing of the king in history.

During the American Civil War, there was no intervention from other nations in terms of them mobilizing their military. Even if that were the case, the elites of the United Kingdom and France wanted to support the Confederacy and thank god they didn't come in because the elites normally control the government even if the people were more in favor of the Union. America was able to eventually continue on to what it is today from no intervention of other nations during that time.

Did you know that the US is the only nation to use a nuclear bomb? If that is not a crime against humanity, then there should be no distinction with any other actions in the world.

You might want to do research on what the US did in Iran and Vietnam when they stayed in those countries. Let me warn you though, it didn't end well.

How can you say that the US is the lesser of two evil? Do you even know how a civilian in say, Syria lives and how the majority of them view the US? It is no wonder they follow ISIS with the ideology of Imperial America. Do you even know how Germany views the US? I even fear for other nations, including our allies that the US have the power in terms of nukes and budget to destroy any nation and disrupt the peace in the world.

1) The U.S. is the world's police because nobody else will be. The U.S. does intervene in Africa, quite a bit actually. The media just does not focus on these operations as they would not increase ratings for their viewership. We generally send special forces operators into the African nations to assist in civil wars to minimize footprint.

2) There was MUCH intervention discussion in UK and France, however, there was no agreement. Additionally, the U.K. attacks against China, Russia, and others put U.K. in a bad position as Russia backed the Union, which could very potentially suck Asian nations into the conflict. There was also the issue of the U.K. and France violating the Monroe Doctrine during their military operations in the Latin nations which could ignite a nightmare of conflict across the globe. There are MANY reasons why intervention did not occur but that didn't stop both sides from sending negotiators to each nation requesting assistance. The closest that intervention came was when a British vessel was stopped by a U.S. ship and all occupants taken as POWs. Britain responded by sending troops to the Canadian border and lining up war ships on the coast while they demanded the release of the prisoners; but that is another story for another day.

3) The U.S. used nuclear weapons against Japan to save even more lives than were lost. In fact, the two locations chosen, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, were chosen to minimize civilian casualties. Not only that, but prior to each bombing run, the U.S. requested unconditional surrender from the Japanese in order to avoid this from happening.

4) What did the Americans do in those two nations?

5) This is why we have the United Nations.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:05:30 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 4:32:50 AM, SNP1 wrote:

Like?

- Gender crap.

Isn't that what Bernie Sanders is going to do if he becomes president?

- I don't know. When I say real problems, I mean the deep kind of problems. The cause, the origin, the source problems. Such as the corporal regime, the banking system, the lobbying, all sorts of legal corruption, media slavery...
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:12:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 4:32:50 AM, SNP1 wrote:

- Btw, (P2) is false, & (P3) is untenable.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...