Promoting Tolerance from Islam towards us

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:26:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Jiggs McDonald, NHL Hall of Fame broadcaster speaking in Ontario, says:

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto.

I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs.

Thus the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance."

"That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque;

thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, '

The Turban Cowboy', and the other, a topless bar, would be called 'You Mecca Me Hot'."

"Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to

that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called 'Iraq of Ribs'."

"Across the street there could be a lingerie store called 'Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret',

with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods,

and on the other side a liquor store called 'Morehammered'."

"All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us."
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 1:09:49 PM
Are these Muslims assimilating? Are they "tolerating" free speech? If they cannot tolerate us and our freedoms, we cannot tolerate them.

http://youtu.be...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:39:34 PM
At 12/26/2015 3:26:16 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto.

I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs.

"That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque;

The Turban Cowboy', and the other, a topless bar, would be called 'You Mecca Me Hot'."

"Across the street there could be a lingerie store called 'Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret',

"All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us."

Dude, we get it. we already know have this crap, most of us don't like Islam.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 5:56:46 PM

Good post. Nice satirical way of expressing what a lot of Canadians are thinking
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 8:44:43 PM
At 12/26/2015 3:39:34 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Dude, we get it. we already know have this crap, most of us don't like Islam.

He and Gritty just can't help it - its obsession.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:21:54 PM
At 12/26/2015 5:56:46 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

Good post. Nice satirical way of expressing what a lot of Canadians are thinking

- I am sure you would advocate constructing a strip-club & whorehouse under St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York, called "**** Jesus"! I am sure that's what a lot of Canadians are thinking!
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:22:52 PM

- I wouldn't feel offended if they did similar things to all the other local churches.
Current Debates:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:23:57 PM
- I am sure you would advocate constructing a strip-club & whorehouse under St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York, called "**** Jesus"! I am sure that's what a lot of Canadians are thinking!

Well you know I would support that Yassine ;).
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:25:42 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:23:57 PM, TBR wrote:

- You're Canadian?!
Current Debates:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:27:02 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:25:42 PM, Yassine wrote:

- You're Canadian?!

No... That is not stopping me from supporting anything that I get a good giggle from.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:32:38 PM

- You're Canadian?!

Yassine - I have a intense dislike for Gritty and this jerk. I find their reasons for disliking Islam childish and generated by tribalism. I think they are a danger to me, and sane life.

Now. We know eachother a bit. Truth is, you know I dislike all religions and put Islam at the top of the heap of dislikable religions.

Who is more dangerous? Me or him? Who concerns you more? Asking honestly.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:33:38 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:27:02 PM, TBR wrote:

- You're Canadian?!

No... That is not stopping me from supporting anything that I get a good giggle from.

- It may be funny to you, but it isn't to someone who believes in sanctity, you don't. Places of worship are sanctified spaces for the believers, it would be humiliating & denigrating to purposely violate that sanctity.
Current Debates:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:38:57 PM

- It may be funny to you, but it isn't to someone who believes in sanctity, you don't. Places of worship are sanctified spaces for the believers, it would be humiliating & denigrating to purposely violate that sanctity.

So. Anything that is not sanctified can't exist within 100 yards? 1000 yards? Where is the boundary?

This sounds similar to a discussion of a certain mosque in NY a little too close to the world trade center.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:41:22 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:21:54 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/26/2015 5:56:46 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

It's satire and not to be taken literally. I thought you were different than most Muslims. I thought you had a sense of humour. There should be a strip club across the street form a church in Pakistan, if it hasn't been burned down by a mob, called "Stripping for Jesus"
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:48:45 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:32:38 PM, TBR wrote:

Yassine - I have a intense dislike for Gritty and this jerk. I find their reasons for disliking Islam childish and generated by tribalism. I think they are a danger to me, and sane life.

- How it that?

Now. We know eachother a bit. Truth is, you know I dislike all religions and put Islam at the top of the heap of dislikable religions.

- You've insistently mentioned that numerous times, although I believe your dislike to be unfounded. & I'd really like to know your reasons.

- The question is a little ambiguous. Dangerous to me personally? I know neither of you, but I'd feel much more at ease if I encounter someone with your background as opposed to someone with their background. To Muslims? Well, they look much more prone to actively hurt muslims than someone who wants to be left alone. To society? I despise hypocrisy above all, for it creates delusion, & ignorance, for it creates confusion. The bunch are bonafide hypocrites & ignorants, the complex type of ignorants unwilling to learn or change. I'd say, they are more dangerous to society.
Current Debates:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:49:03 PM
It's satire and not to be taken literally. I thought you were different than most Muslims. I thought you had a sense of humour. There should be a strip club across the street form a church in Pakistan, if it hasn't been burned down by a mob, called "Stripping for Jesus"

No. He (no Muslim I have ever met) has a sense of humor about their religion. There are very very few Christians who do. Now Jews.... They laugh.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:52:03 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:49:03 PM, TBR wrote:

No. He (no Muslim I have ever met) has a sense of humor about their religion. There are very very few Christians who do. Now Jews.... They laugh.

True, but they are sensitive about Israel.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:52:37 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:48:45 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:32:38 PM, TBR wrote:

- How it that?
How what? How are they childish and tribal?

- You've insistently mentioned that numerous times, although I believe your dislike to be unfounded. & I'd really like to know your reasons.

Well.... There is nothing positive I have found in any bit of the religion I have run across. The people (adherents) have caused me personal problem (loss) just not as much as Christians at this point. Not one net positive have come from Islam - not to me.

- The question is a little ambiguous. Dangerous to me personally? I know neither of you, but I'd feel much more at ease if I encounter someone with your background as opposed to someone with their background. To Muslims? Well, they look much more prone to actively hurt muslims than someone who wants to be left alone. To society? I despise hypocrisy above all, for it creates delusion, & ignorance, for it creates confusion. The bunch are bonafide hypocrites & ignorants, the complex type of ignorants unwilling to learn or change. I'd say, they are more dangerous to society.

Fair enough
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:53:42 PM
If a strip club were put outside of a Christian church, I'd simply smirk and go on. Freedom of speech, plus I believe in Christ, not a building. The difference is, Muslims would call for World War III and become violent because they take crap like that seriously, to the point of assault, where the majority of Christians are more personally spiritual, considering it more of a personal thing, where Muslims are more "religious" and "superstitious", and will arm up in large numbers ready fora physical confrontation and actually welcoming it to sooth Allah's unmerciful, intolerant, wrath on the unbelievers!
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:55:26 PM
At 12/26/2015 11:41:22 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

It's satire and not to be taken literally.

- So was my response. It even had "!" at the end.

I thought you were different than most Muslims.

- I am similar to most Muslims.

I thought you had a sense of humour.

- I was just about to ask that question. If you had one, you've gotten the message underlined in my response.

There should be a strip club across the street form a church in Pakistan, if it hasn't been burned down by a mob, called "Stripping for Jesus"

- I wouldn't say there are no strip clubs in Pakistan, but if there were, they wouldn't have a sign on the door. Prostitution & sex-trade is illegal in Pakistan.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:00:56 AM
At 12/26/2015 11:52:37 PM, TBR wrote:

- How are they dangerous to you?

Well.... There is nothing positive I have found in any bit of the religion I have run across.

- Maybe you haven't really run across any real part of it.

The people (adherents) have caused me personal problem (loss) just not as much as Christians at this point.

- I am sure some Americans caused you personal problems, why then hate on American Law?

Not one net positive have come from Islam - not to me.

- Maybe not one net positive came to you from Jainism either. Why dislike the religion then?
Current Debates:

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:04:51 AM
At 12/26/2015 11:55:26 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:41:22 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

It's satire and not to be taken literally.

- So was my response. It even had "!" at the end.

I thought you were different than most Muslims.

- I am similar to most Muslims.

I thought you had a sense of humour.

- I was just about to ask that question. If you had one, you've gotten the message underlined in my response.

Com' on, I've got a great sense of humour

There should be a strip club across the street form a church in Pakistan, if it hasn't been burned down by a mob, called "Stripping for Jesus"

- I wouldn't say there are no strip clubs in Pakistan, but if there were, they wouldn't have a sign on the door. Prostitution & sex-trade is illegal in Pakistan.

It may be illegal, but burning down churches doesn't seem to be.

By the way,I am with TBR. I don't like any religion and Islam is at the top of the list for me as well. If you like I will tell you exactly why Islam is so disliked in the west. Not today though, because I'm recovering from a Christmas hangover
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:05:52 AM
At 12/26/2015 11:38:57 PM, TBR wrote:

So. Anything that is not sanctified can't exist within 100 yards? 1000 yards? Where is the boundary?

- Decency is the boundary. As to the measure of this boundary, that would depend on circumstances.

This sounds similar to a discussion of a certain mosque in NY a little too close to the world trade center.

- It does, although the dichotomy shouldn't have existed. The mosque & the ruins of the WTC aren't supposed to violate the sanctity of each-other. The reaction of some is understandable.
Current Debates:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:10:19 AM
At 12/27/2015 12:00:56 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:52:37 PM, TBR wrote:

- How are they dangerous to you?
Christians have been a personal physical danger to me for a good deal of my life. They are more personally dangerous than Muslims have been.

Well.... There is nothing positive I have found in any bit of the religion I have run across.

- Maybe you haven't really run across any real part of it.
Seems that is begging the question. Why not? You have talked plenty. I have known a fair number. I live in the world with everyone else. Why is it that I can't find one redeeming point?

The people (adherents) have caused me personal problem (loss) just not as much as Christians at this point.

- I am sure some Americans caused you personal problems, why then hate on American Law?
American law? Americans have caused me plenty of personal problems, I call them all out wherever and whomever they are. Islams have caused me problems, and I call them out too. Where is the issue with that?

Not one net positive have come from Islam - not to me.

- Maybe not one net positive came to you from Jainism either. Why dislike the religion then?
Janis, I know a couple, is a religion that even an atheists can't dislike.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:11:10 AM
At 12/27/2015 12:04:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Com' on, I've got a great sense of humour.

- It probably took a break this past hour.

- LOL! You do have a sense of humour, indeed.

By the way,I am with TBR. I don't like any religion and Islam is at the top of the list for me as well.

- Aren't you Christian?

If you like I will tell you exactly why Islam is so disliked in the west. Not today though, because I'm recovering from a Christmas hangover.

- Next time then :) . Good luck with that hangover.
Current Debates:

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:17:32 AM
At 12/27/2015 12:11:10 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/27/2015 12:04:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Com' on, I've got a great sense of humour.

- It probably took a break this past hour.

- LOL! You do have a sense of humour, indeed.

By the way,I am with TBR. I don't like any religion and Islam is at the top of the list for me as well.

- Aren't you Christian?

I've stated many times I'm not. I was brought up in it but don't practice it. It is much easier for a person in the West to lose the label "Christian" than it is for a lapsed Muslim to lose the "Muslim" label.

If you like I will tell you exactly why Islam is so disliked in the west. Not today though, because I'm recovering from a Christmas hangover.

- Next time then :) . Good luck with that hangover.

Thank you. I will tell you without being insulting. Believe it or not some of the anger expressed towards Islam has to do with political correctness and our own governments.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:18:41 AM
At 12/27/2015 12:10:19 AM, TBR wrote:

Christians have been a personal physical danger to me for a good deal of my life. They are more personally dangerous than Muslims have been.

- OK.

Seems that is begging the question. Why not? You have talked plenty. I have known a fair number. I live in the world with everyone else. Why is it that I can't find one redeeming point?

- So, you know a fair number of points, though not one redeeming therein. Why don't you cite these points for me, so I may know what you consider to be non redeeming.

American law? Americans have caused me plenty of personal problems, I call them all out wherever and whomever they are.

- But does what Americans do to you make you dislike American Law?

Islams have caused me problems, and I call them out too. Where is the issue with that?

- You mean Muslims? Well, if Muslims cause you problem why does that make you dislike Islam?

Janis, I know a couple, is a religion that even an atheists can't dislike.

- That's the point. Suppose Jainism had not one net positive on you personally, why would you dislike the religion! You wouldn't. Then, if, as you said, Islam had not one net positive net on you personally, why then dislike the religion?!

- Also, what makes you not dislike Jainism?
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 12:20:55 AM
At 12/27/2015 12:17:32 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

I've stated many times I'm not. I was brought up in it but don't practice it. It is much easier for a person in the West to lose the label "Christian" than it is for a lapsed Muslim to lose the "Muslim" label.

- But, don't you believe in Jesus & the Bible? How are you not Christian?

Thank you. I will tell you without being insulting. Believe it or not some of the anger expressed towards Islam has to do with political correctness and our own governments.

- Well, I'd like to help with that if I can.
Current Debates: