Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hitler

Rebuttle
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do you think Hitler was a good leader?

I stress you to read the question carefully was he a good LEADER.

Also opinions about him as a person a well:

- Was Mein Kemp the ovel of a crazy man?
- Was Hitler getting revenge?
- Was Hitler a Physco?
- Was Hitler a disturbed mind?

Obviously these are a few sample questions please make your points about Hitler and his life.

Personally I think he was the best leader the world has ever experienced. What he did in destroying Weimar Germany and restoring a stong government was not only needed in Germany but if it had not hav been done Germnay would have crumbled.

I think he was most certainly not a disturbed or crazy man personally I think he was obsessed with power but understandable due to his early army years. He also would have wnated revenge on the Weimar Government after they signed Armistance an 1918 when Hitler was wounded from war. So no he wasnt crazy all his points and reasons were very valid.

The Jewish hatred I believe there is something we don't know about Hitler. I honestly think that something to do with Jewish person affected him in early life to bestow his hatred.

As I said please do fire away
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 1:22:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
Do you think Hitler was a good leader?


History Homework?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rebuttle
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 1:26:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:22:31 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
Do you think Hitler was a good leader?


History Homework?

Nope, Im studying Weimar Germany and most people think Hitler was crazy I just wanna see what everyone here thinks
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 1:32:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
The Jewish hatred I believe there is something we don't know about Hitler. I honestly think that something to do with Jewish person affected him in early life to bestow his hatred.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 1:39:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:



Personally I think he was the best leader the world has ever experienced. What he did in destroying Weimar Germany and restoring a stong government was not only needed in Germany but if it had not hav been done Germnay would have crumbled.

Germany wouldn't have crumpled. And Germany didn't need a strong government. Basically, Wall Street Crash plus Gustav Stressman dying = Headshot


I think he was most certainly not a disturbed or crazy man personally I think he was obsessed with power but understandable due to his early army years. He also would have wnated revenge on the Weimar Government after they signed Armistance an 1918 when Hitler was wounded from war. So no he wasnt crazy all his points and reasons were very valid.

And that's why he rocked back and forth at a tennis game like a phyco.


The Jewish hatred I believe there is something we don't know about Hitler. I honestly think that something to do with Jewish person affected him in early life to bestow his hatred.

Jewish doctor for his mother with cancer.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rebuttle
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 2:10:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
wow,

Wall street crash gave germnay economical and political problems. Therfore the government was highly unstable due to the immediate need to change polocies but the grand coalition of 1929 was so sgrand they never agreed on polocies.

Germnay needed a strong goverment or else they wuld have further dropped into unemployment if it wasnt for nazis. If it wasnt for nazis germany would not have recovered as quickly from wall street crash.

Hitler was not like a game of pingo pong either. I think you will find his 1st set of ideas: 25 point programme basically outlined everything hitler did except he expnaded the point
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 2:17:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It depends on what you think is a good leader. He was charismatic, and he knew exactly what buttons to push in order to motivate people to work for him, and follow him. However, there are more qualities than that which quantifies a good leader.

His vision for the future was unrealistic and based in hatred. He used hatred as a major force in creating his Reich. The end game that he had envisioned was based in mythology. He abused his talents and became heavily dependent on drugs. A good leader doesn't thrive on his own ego at the expense of all prudence and good judgment. He wasn't a good leader, but he was good at taking advantage of a particular moment in history.

There are a variety of reasons people speculate about his hatred for Jews. There are those who say that he was part Jewish, and it was internalized hatred. There were experiences he had throughout his life particularly in art school that influenced this, but the really big thing is that it provided a scapegoat and a force for his goals. The energy that his movement derived from total raw hatred is perverse, but it was effective. - No he wasn't a good leader, but a megalomaniac who attained a lot of power.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 2:22:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 2:17:08 PM, innomen wrote:
There are a variety of reasons people speculate about his hatred for Jews. There are those who say that he was part Jewish, and it was internalized hatred.

I like my explanation the best.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 2:24:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 2:22:41 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 2:17:08 PM, innomen wrote:
There are a variety of reasons people speculate about his hatred for Jews. There are those who say that he was part Jewish, and it was internalized hatred.

I like my explanation the best.

And it is well documented.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 2:26:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Speaking as a German with MANY personal connections to WWII and even Hitler, I do not think Hitler was a 'good' leader.

Technically, he did lead the German people with enthusiasm, but that didn't stem from his leadership qualities, really. The German people were desperate for a stable government, and someone to blame their failures of state on. Hitler rose up at the right time and pushed forward a likely candidate to hate; the Jews.

He was able to tap into the social stigmas of the time and use it to his psychotic advantage. He wasn't 'psycho' himself, but his ideas and beliefs were a little out there. He wanted the power and fame, and he obtained that. He did not have any special qualities that made him 'better' than any other leader. He was just fortunate in the time and place he chose to dominate Germany.

For some reason, a hatred filled Austrian with psychotic ideas and unfounded beliefs bent on the destruction of other nations and Jews, does not sound like a 'good' leader. He was efficient but not necessary. He was persuasive but not 'good'.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:06:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Depends how you define "good".

Good in an efficiency sense; he was absolutely a great leader.

Good in a moral sense; meh...not so much.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:07:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think people highly over-estimate Hitler's intelligence, especially among the intellectual community.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:08:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:06:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Depends how you define "good".

Good in an efficiency sense; he was absolutely a great leader.

Good in a moral sense; meh...not so much.

What greatness did he lead the German people into? What greatness did he bring out of the German people? What do you consider a 'great leader'?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:09:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:07:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I think people highly over-estimate Hitler's intelligence, especially among the intellectual community.

Really? Who?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:11:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:08:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:06:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Depends how you define "good".

Good in an efficiency sense; he was absolutely a great leader.

Good in a moral sense; meh...not so much.

What greatness did he lead the German people into? What greatness did he bring out of the German people? What do you consider a 'great leader'?

I'm referring to his ability to lead, rally, inspire, etc.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:09:21 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:07:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I think people highly over-estimate Hitler's intelligence, especially among the intellectual community.

Really? Who?

Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:19:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:11:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:08:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:06:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Depends how you define "good".

Good in an efficiency sense; he was absolutely a great leader.

Good in a moral sense; meh...not so much.

What greatness did he lead the German people into? What greatness did he bring out of the German people? What do you consider a 'great leader'?

I'm referring to his ability to lead, rally, inspire, etc.

That's the shallowest part of being a leader. Those who can only do this are recipes for disasters, Hitler proves this point. There needs to be a realistic vision of a future, and they also need to have the ability to bring the best out in people - Hitler had a vision based in total delusion and fantasy, and he actually brought the worst out in an entire population, if not several populations.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:19:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

How'd you do that?
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:22:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:19:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

How'd you do that?

Copy pasta'd
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:27:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:22:16 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:19:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

How'd you do that?

Copy pasta'd

When i do that i get: %$#@%$#$@
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:32:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:27:36 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:22:16 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:19:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

How'd you do that?

Copy pasta'd

When i do that i get: %$#@%$#$@

ööö

http://www.tedmontgomery.com...

You can also use alt-0173 to evade the word filter. It inserts an invisible character, so if you type that in the middle of a swear word, it'll get past the filter.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:56:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

Agreed.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 3:57:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 3:32:56 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:27:36 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:22:16 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:19:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:14:37 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/14/2010 3:12:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, I'm just always hearing how he was one of those evil-genius types among people like those here. I disagree.

Göring and Göbbels were. Hitler was not.

How'd you do that?

Copy pasta'd

When i do that i get: %$#@%$#$@

ööö

http://www.tedmontgomery.com...

You can also use alt-0173 to evade the word filter. It inserts an invisible character, so if you type that in the middle of a swear word, it'll get past the filter.

I owe you my life, sir.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rebuttle
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 11:49:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
One point I Will comment on now. Yes his views were not good but his views were all accomplished to a certain extent. He brought germany out wof recession, he lowered unemployment, the creation of a stronger germny after the fall of 2nd reich. I think just these points a lone show if he could acheive these outraegous and far shot goals clearly shows he is doing something right?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 12:28:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
Do you think Hitler was a good leader?


He was a good leader in the fact that he charismatic, diplomatic and was willing and able to destroy all dissent.

He was a bad leader because he pursued unsustainable policies (overspending), damaged education, and created a total war scenario in which German victory required two impossible things to occur. Russia crippled and Britain defeated in 1941. The first one was a push, the second was impossible.

When he entered office Germany was impotent and dismembered. When he left office Germany was even more impotent and even more dismembered. In those terms he was a failure, even an idiot like Napoleon was more successful.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 12:39:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 1:39:17 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2010 1:16:34 PM, Rebuttle wrote:

The Jewish hatred I believe there is something we don't know about Hitler. I honestly think that something to do with Jewish person affected him in early life to bestow his hatred.

Jewish doctor for his mother with cancer.

With whom he was on good terms with. He also had some Jewish friends. Wierd huh.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 1:00:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 11:49:25 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
One point I Will comment on now. Yes his views were not good but his views were all accomplished to a certain extent. He brought germany out wof recession, he lowered unemployment, the creation of a stronger germny after the fall of 2nd reich. I think just these points a lone show if he could acheive these outraegous and far shot goals clearly shows he is doing something right?

If you do a cost/benefit look at his leadership it's fairly plain that the disastrous costs to Germany vastly out weighed the benefit. He had leadership qualities, but they were not balanced, he had SOME leadership qualities, and those that he did have were perfect for the time and place, but those he lacked, those that he not only lacked, but were in desperate need of made him a bad leader (sorry for the run on sentence, it's early).
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 9:11:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Lowering unemployment" is not an inherently positive accomplishment if the jobs people are doing are not improving social utility.
no comment
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 10:08:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 2:10:02 PM, Rebuttle wrote:
wow,

Wall street crash gave germnay economical and political problems. Therfore the government was highly unstable due to the immediate need to change polocies but the grand coalition of 1929 was so sgrand they never agreed on polocies.

Political issues were around before the Wall Street Crash.

Germnay needed a strong goverment or else they wuld have further dropped into unemployment if it wasnt for nazis. If it wasnt for nazis germany would not have recovered as quickly from wall street crash.

Sure, but that doesn't forgive all the unspeakable violations of life, liberty and freedom.

Hitler was not like a game of pingo pong either. I think you will find his 1st set of ideas: 25 point programme basically outlined everything hitler did except he expnaded the point

Was one of them "Ignore the generals and do what I want"?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.