Jump to topic:

Muslims do not wish to assimilate

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 7:58:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Muslims do not want to assimilate into our culture or tolerate our culture.

Western woman converted to Islam and tells her story.

"I didn"t really fit in. I was still learning. I didn"t wear the headscarf and I was a bit different. They weren"t all all-encompassing or all-embracing regardless.

"People try to encourage you to do better. So if you"re not behaving a certain way or you don"t know how to pray, or the way you"re dressed " people will suggest ways you can practise better. If someone says "you can"t do this" I don"t respond well to that. For a convert that can be a lot of pressure."

Khadijah Elliott, an English teacher, converted to Islam 10 years ago when she married one of her former students who was Muslim. Due to visa issues, the pair married in Kabul, but weeks after the wedding her husband disappeared, and Elliott was told by his family that he had been killed.

Devastated and confused, she returned to England and continued life as a Muslim woman. Like Kayani, she had issues from the local Muslim community: "If you come from an English background, a lot of Muslims find that difficult to understand. Because you have to change that and put aside a put of your own culture, you"ve got to either find a new one or hover between the two. It can be very difficult.

"Some families who are born Muslim want to stick to their own culture rigidly."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:25:36 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 7:58:52 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Muslims do not want to assimilate into our culture or tolerate our culture.

Western woman converted to Islam and tells her story.

"I didn"t really fit in. I was still learning. I didn"t wear the headscarf and I was a bit different. They weren"t all all-encompassing or all-embracing regardless.

"People try to encourage you to do better. So if you"re not behaving a certain way or you don"t know how to pray, or the way you"re dressed " people will suggest ways you can practise better. If someone says "you can"t do this" I don"t respond well to that. For a convert that can be a lot of pressure."

Khadijah Elliott, an English teacher, converted to Islam 10 years ago when she married one of her former students who was Muslim. Due to visa issues, the pair married in Kabul, but weeks after the wedding her husband disappeared, and Elliott was told by his family that he had been killed.

Devastated and confused, she returned to England and continued life as a Muslim woman. Like Kayani, she had issues from the local Muslim community: "If you come from an English background, a lot of Muslims find that difficult to understand. Because you have to change that and put aside a put of your own culture, you"ve got to either find a new one or hover between the two. It can be very difficult.

"Some families who are born Muslim want to stick to their own culture rigidly."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Islam and the Western world are not compatible. It will come down to them or us if we continue to be preached to by the ultra left and blinded by political correctness in our society