Jump to topic:

Loony liberals get owned!

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:10:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Summary: This video shows how anti-gun activists are simply moronic and when faced with facts freak out!

Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com...
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:00:37 AM
At 12/29/2015 9:10:59 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Summary: This video shows how anti-gun activists are simply moronic and when faced with facts freak out!

I love guns... But Alex Jones is super sketchy.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 12:10:27 PM
At 12/30/2015 7:00:37 AM, 16kadams wrote:

How is he sketchy?

The only ones I see branding him as "sketchy" are the liberal media outlets, which is ironic because they are the truly dishonest ones.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 3:03:54 PM

12 min of Alex Jones! How about you tell me where in this clip the loony liberal gets owned.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 3:36:29 PM
At 12/30/2015 3:03:54 PM, TBR wrote:

12 min of Alex Jones! How about you tell me where in this clip the loony liberal gets owned.

bah don't feed into it, Alex Jones is an extremist, no extremist is good. While he does have some strong and valid points that's not his goal. His goal is to make a name for himself otherwise who would act like that? People like that don't affect change they just attract similar types. I've seen him on several interviews and videos, he's all about shock value with little substance. Gun owners would rather he pick a different topic to support imo. He is no benefit to understanding and opening up lines of communication. Name calling is counter productive and everyone should know that, although i do it for fun and to get a rise out of people, but that's my issue.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 3:45:32 PM
At 12/30/2015 3:36:29 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

bah don't feed into it, Alex Jones is an extremist, no extremist is good. While he does have some strong and valid points that's not his goal. His goal is to make a name for himself otherwise who would act like that? People like that don't affect change they just attract similar types. I've seen him on several interviews and videos, he's all about shock value with little substance. Gun owners would rather he pick a different topic to support imo. He is no benefit to understanding and opening up lines of communication. Name calling is counter productive and everyone should know that, although i do it for fun and to get a rise out of people, but that's my issue.

Nice!
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:01:43 PM

Debate me. "Allowing civilians to own guns is a net detriment to society." I'll be Pro.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:22:49 PM

bah don't feed into it, Alex Jones is an extremist, no extremist is good.

I'm just fascinated by the unabashed ad hominem of our day. And the unabashed groupthink. It's always bad when govt and the governed combine to persecute (however mildly) those who think outside the box.

I don't know who Alex Jones is. I'm going to google him as soon as I hit send, but I wanted to type this before finding out. All I know at this point is that I should dismiss him because he doesn't think like the majority. I have no idea, at this point, whether his thinking makes any sense or not.

While he does have some strong and valid points that's not his goal. His goal is to make a name for himself otherwise who would act like that?

Oh, ok, should have read more carefully. So he does have good ideas but we should dismiss them because his motives are wrong? So, for instance, I shouldn't trust the weather from an ambitious talking head who wants to become news anchor?

People like that don't affect change they just attract similar types. I've seen him on several interviews and videos, he's all about shock value with little substance.

'Strong and valid points', now 'little substance' - ?

So anyhow, I'm giving you a hard time, but this is something that characterizes political correctness, this constant ad hominem.
This space for rent.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:28:52 PM
At 12/30/2015 4:22:49 PM, v3nesl wrote:

I'm just fascinated by the unabashed ad hominem of our day. And the unabashed groupthink. It's always bad when govt and the governed combine to persecute (however mildly) those who think outside the box.

I don't know who Alex Jones is. I'm going to google him as soon as I hit send, but I wanted to type this before finding out. All I know at this point is that I should dismiss him because he doesn't think like the majority. I have no idea, at this point, whether his thinking makes any sense or not.

While he does have some strong and valid points that's not his goal. His goal is to make a name for himself otherwise who would act like that?

Oh, ok, should have read more carefully. So he does have good ideas but we should dismiss them because his motives are wrong? So, for instance, I shouldn't trust the weather from an ambitious talking head who wants to become news anchor?

People like that don't affect change they just attract similar types. I've seen him on several interviews and videos, he's all about shock value with little substance.

So anyhow, I'm giving you a hard time, but this is something that characterizes political correctness, this constant ad hominem.

Alex Jones is a conspiracy nut. Yea there is good reason to dismiss the link.

Watch any of his videos you like. Any good ideas in there we can discuss, but those that know of him are completely rational when dismissing his lunacy.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:31:44 PM

choose to dismiss him or not, there's no reason for you to accept my opinion, in fact I encourage everyone to find out for themselves and think for them selves. I apologize for not being clear enough as I was just speaking in general terms. Sure he can have some good points, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while as they say. But over all his lack of substance out weights any substance and this theatrics clouds his points and arguments he may have, that better?
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 9:15:16 PM
At 12/30/2015 4:31:44 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

choose to dismiss him or not, there's no reason for you to accept my opinion, in fact I encourage everyone to find out for themselves and think for them selves. I apologize for not being clear enough as I was just speaking in general terms. Sure he can have some good points, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while as they say. But over all his lack of substance out weights any substance and this theatrics clouds his points and arguments he may have, that better?

Well, I don't follow video links in general. It's kind of like my grammar school teachers - "No, tell me in your own words".

So I guess I was responding to "Alex Jones is an extremist, no extremist is good." as much as anything. Extremists are good sometimes. Ghandi was an extremist. Jesus was an extremist. And even "conspiracy nut" - is he paranoid, or someone who focuses on abuse of power? A UFO researcher, for instance, might be a nutcase or frustrated, depending on his honesty. Just having an interest in UFOs doesn't make one a nut.

But I get it - Alex Jones may just be a nut. Maybe I'm just trying to find something to argue about, lol.
This space for rent.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 10:06:05 PM
Summary: This video shows how [the] anti-gun activists [in the following video] are simply moronic and when faced with facts freak out!

Fixed your hasty generalization for you.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 11:31:03 PM
At 12/30/2015 12:10:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

How is he sketchy?

The only ones I see branding him as "sketchy" are the liberal media outlets, which is ironic because they are the truly dishonest ones.

He is a conspiracy theorist, lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:05:29 PM
At 12/30/2015 10:52:00 PM, spacetime wrote:
Anyone wanna debate me on the gun rights issue? http://www.debate.org...
Not right now, I will later if you want me to though.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:06:17 PM
At 12/30/2015 11:31:03 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/30/2015 12:10:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

How is he sketchy?

He is a conspiracy theorist, lol
What's wrong with being a conspiracy theorist? It's never bad to question certain things.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:08:29 PM
At 12/30/2015 10:06:05 PM, Death23 wrote:
Summary: This video shows how [the] anti-gun activists [in the following video] are simply moronic and when faced with facts freak out!

Almost all of them are that way, there's no need to fix my original post.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:56:18 PM
At 12/30/2015 9:15:16 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:31:44 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Well, I don't follow video links in general. It's kind of like my grammar school teachers - "No, tell me in your own words".

So I guess I was responding to "Alex Jones is an extremist, no extremist is good." as much as anything. Extremists are good sometimes. Ghandi was an extremist. Jesus was an extremist. And even "conspiracy nut" - is he paranoid, or someone who focuses on abuse of power? A UFO researcher, for instance, might be a nutcase or frustrated, depending on his honesty. Just having an interest in UFOs doesn't make one a nut.

But I get it - Alex Jones may just be a nut. Maybe I'm just trying to find something to argue about, lol.

Mr. Jone's over all "story arc" is that there is a specific select group of people conditioning us poor folk into accepting government as our master, to the point of New World Order Stone Mason Illuminati folk few elite types enslaving the rest of humanity, tracking them through RFID chips, possibly harvesting their organs and other such oddities. His ideas on limited government are great, right up until he starts hassling border patrol about the authority they might have to look for illegal immigrants... then complain about illegal immigrants biasing election days on his show.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:03:49 AM
At 1/1/2016 10:08:29 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Prove it.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:49:51 AM
At 1/1/2016 10:08:29 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

I challenged you prove it, but I guess you didn't because you have no good evidence supporting that assertion. Yet, you continue to believe it anyway. You have no good basis for that belief. You should reconsider it.