Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

O'Malley draws massive crowd of 1 person

imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:12:02 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
https://www.yahoo.com...

I know that the GOP are the posterchildren for candidates who dont know when its time to drop out, but apparently us democrats also have candidates who cant take a hint XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:18:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:12:02 AM, imabench wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com...

I know that the GOP are the posterchildren for candidates who dont know when its time to drop out, but apparently us democrats also have candidates who cant take a hint XD

Lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:24:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
"Amid a vicious winter storm on Monday that forced some presidential campaigns to cancel their scheduled stops in Iowa, only Martin O'Malley decided to press on..."

It's probably due to the fact of it being a very small town in a blizzard.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:39:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 4:12:02 AM, imabench wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com...

I know that the GOP are the posterchildren for candidates who dont know when its time to drop out, but apparently us democrats also have candidates who cant take a hint XD
This has got to be one of the funniest things in political history. I actually feel bad for the guy.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 8:41:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.

Yea, yea it is a sign of a completely fractured party. "Kiddy table" has been introduced into the election politics lexicon. That should be embarrassing to all.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 8:50:08 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.

What the number of candidates suggests, really, is that the party is highly schismatic -- and struggling to consolidate the scattered and irreconcilable species of anti-liberalism that it has courted in recent years. This includes everyone from the traditional Reagan Republicans represented by the establishment candidates, to the far right-wing obstructionists led by Ted Cruz, to the libertarians under Rand Paul (and formerly his father).
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 9:22:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At the very least, if you're polling lower than the margin of error, have some self respect and drop out.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 9:38:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 9:22:33 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At the very least, if you're polling lower than the margin of error, have some self respect and drop out.

Well, for starters, he is running this time to gain name recognition and status. Perhaps even the VP spot, if not a cabinet position.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 9:59:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 8:50:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.

What the number of candidates suggests, really, is that the party is highly schismatic -- and struggling to consolidate the scattered and irreconcilable species of anti-liberalism that it has courted in recent years. This includes everyone from the traditional Reagan Republicans represented by the establishment candidates, to the far right-wing obstructionists led by Ted Cruz, to the libertarians under Rand Paul (and formerly his father).

You must understand that the GOP is an incredibly diverse party. This is reflected by the fact that unlike the Democrats the GOP has always operated under a system where in congress GOP senators and representatives are not bound in any way to vote in accordance with their party's "conference"; it's more of a suggestion than anything.
The GOP has always been a coalition of many often conflicting interests rather than a monolithic bloc with a clear vision of what it wants America to be like.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:04:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 9:59:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 8:50:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.

What the number of candidates suggests, really, is that the party is highly schismatic -- and struggling to consolidate the scattered and irreconcilable species of anti-liberalism that it has courted in recent years. This includes everyone from the traditional Reagan Republicans represented by the establishment candidates, to the far right-wing obstructionists led by Ted Cruz, to the libertarians under Rand Paul (and formerly his father).

You must understand that the GOP is an incredibly diverse party. This is reflected by the fact that unlike the Democrats the GOP has always operated under a system where in congress GOP senators and representatives are not bound in any way to vote in accordance with their party's "conference"; it's more of a suggestion than anything.
The GOP has always been a coalition of many often conflicting interests rather than a monolithic bloc with a clear vision of what it wants America to be like.

The traditional wisdom is the opposite. The Democratic party has been the "Big Tent" and looking at voting records will show that they are less a monolithic block than the GOP ever.

Now, you may be right. The GOP is fracturing in unprecedented ways, but don't try to take our "herding cats" mantel too quickly. That is all Democratic, all the way.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:31:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 10:04:26 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 9:59:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 8:50:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/1/2016 7:45:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:11:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/1/2016 4:56:40 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Isn't he like the third biggest Dem candidate?

A healthy party does not run 14 people.

On the contrary; when 16 Republican candidates decide to run simultaneously the only thing that means is that a lot of GOP politicians want to be President, right? This in itself is in no way a sign of a declining GOP.

What the number of candidates suggests, really, is that the party is highly schismatic -- and struggling to consolidate the scattered and irreconcilable species of anti-liberalism that it has courted in recent years. This includes everyone from the traditional Reagan Republicans represented by the establishment candidates, to the far right-wing obstructionists led by Ted Cruz, to the libertarians under Rand Paul (and formerly his father).

You must understand that the GOP is an incredibly diverse party. This is reflected by the fact that unlike the Democrats the GOP has always operated under a system where in congress GOP senators and representatives are not bound in any way to vote in accordance with their party's "conference"; it's more of a suggestion than anything.
The GOP has always been a coalition of many often conflicting interests rather than a monolithic bloc with a clear vision of what it wants America to be like.

The traditional wisdom is the opposite. The Democratic party has been the "Big Tent" and looking at voting records will show that they are less a monolithic block than the GOP ever.

Incorrect. To cite just two examples: 1. there are those in the GOP who want a very big Government to step up in the name of preventing terrorist attacks. They also want a strong military to keep America safe. Then there are staunch libertarians who oppose domestic surveillance policies and are at least somewhat isolationist in terms of foreign policy. 2. Trump's policies on protectionism appeal to a part of the GOP which is more nationalistic and wants America to be less dependent on "the enemy". Then there are Libertarian free market kind of Republicans who oppose such a thing.
The GOP is far from monolithic. Even the Evangelical wing is often in contrast with what the Libertarians want.

Now, you may be right. The GOP is fracturing in unprecedented ways, but don't try to take our "herding cats" mantel too quickly. That is all Democratic, all the way.

The Democratic Party has many different interest groups in it as well, but they're usually united in pursuing Liberal policies. Very little infighting should be expected from the Democratic Party just by the nature of how it's set up.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:00:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I think it was classy though that O'Malley stayed to talk with the guy.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 5:07:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 9:22:33 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At the very least, if you're polling lower than the margin of error, have some self respect and drop out.

My sentiments exactly. Biden was polling at 18% of the entire Dem vote and he decided not to roll the dice, meanwhile about a dozen other GOP candidates are stuck below 5% and still believe that they will win it all....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 5:31:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 12:31:36 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:04:26 PM, TBR wrote:
The Democratic Party has many different interest groups in it as well, but they're usually united in pursuing Liberal policies. Very little infighting should be expected from the Democratic Party just by the nature of how it's set up.

There's a lot of room for infighting in the Democratic Party - there's just no reason at the moment to pursue that when they're comfortably in power during the high-turnout Presidential election years. It's not about how the Party is set up, it's the current state of the political field.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King