Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Okay, I admit it

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul? I recall about 6-7 months ago everybody was talking about him being the best candidate and wanting to vote for him, and nowadays, I don't hear anybody discussing him. Did he do something malicious to lower his stature?
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:21:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul? I recall about 6-7 months ago everybody was talking about him being the best candidate and wanting to vote for him, and nowadays, I don't hear anybody discussing him. Did he do something malicious to lower his stature?

No idea, he just lost a lot of support. Mainly thanks to Trump. He probably was the best BOP candidate out there.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:33:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 5:21:41 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul? I recall about 6-7 months ago everybody was talking about him being the best candidate and wanting to vote for him, and nowadays, I don't hear anybody discussing him. Did he do something malicious to lower his stature?

No idea, he just lost a lot of support. Mainly thanks to Trump. He probably was the best BOP candidate out there.

Yea, when you are running a complete loon based primary, it's hard for Paul to look like anything. I will say again, "kiddy table" and calling supporters "fans" is now part of GOP primary politics. Any san(ish) candidates need not apply this cycle.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:35:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 5:33:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:21:41 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul? I recall about 6-7 months ago everybody was talking about him being the best candidate and wanting to vote for him, and nowadays, I don't hear anybody discussing him. Did he do something malicious to lower his stature?

No idea, he just lost a lot of support. Mainly thanks to Trump. He probably was the best BOP candidate out there.

Yea, when you are running a complete loon based primary, it's hard for Paul to look like anything. I will say again, "kiddy table" and calling supporters "fans" is now part of GOP primary politics. Any san(ish) candidates need not apply this cycle.

I agree. It sucks that people like Rand Paul are Republican. This is why I think the 2 party system is the worst idea ever. A lot of Republicans are actually Libertarian in a sense, and if there was some 3rd party, people wouldn't need to strategically vote. Personally Rand Paul is my 2nd favorite candidate.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 6:05:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 5:35:55 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:33:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:21:41 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul? I recall about 6-7 months ago everybody was talking about him being the best candidate and wanting to vote for him, and nowadays, I don't hear anybody discussing him. Did he do something malicious to lower his stature?

No idea, he just lost a lot of support. Mainly thanks to Trump. He probably was the best BOP candidate out there.

Yea, when you are running a complete loon based primary, it's hard for Paul to look like anything. I will say again, "kiddy table" and calling supporters "fans" is now part of GOP primary politics. Any san(ish) candidates need not apply this cycle.

I agree. It sucks that people like Rand Paul are Republican. This is why I think the 2 party system is the worst idea ever. A lot of Republicans are actually Libertarian in a sense, and if there was some 3rd party, people wouldn't need to strategically vote. Personally Rand Paul is my 2nd favorite candidate.

Yeah. There was a quote I once read, but I can't find it and forgot what it said. I think it went something like this

"I don't even feel like it is Democrat vs Republican anymore. I feel that this has now become Liberal vs Conservative." I don't remember the rest of the quote, but basically he or she is saying that most of the Presidential Elections are between a hardcore liberal and a hardcore conservative, and with a Libertarian party rising and becoming a bigger part of the system, we might actually get a balance. I feel that complete liberalism and complete conservatism just doesn't work in the U.S.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 9:15:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 6:05:18 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:35:55 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:33:01 PM, TBR wrote:
Yea, when you are running a complete loon based primary, it's hard for Paul to look like anything. I will say again, "kiddy table" and calling supporters "fans" is now part of GOP primary politics. Any san(ish) candidates need not apply this cycle.

I agree. It sucks that people like Rand Paul are Republican. This is why I think the 2 party system is the worst idea ever. A lot of Republicans are actually Libertarian in a sense, and if there was some 3rd party, people wouldn't need to strategically vote. Personally Rand Paul is my 2nd favorite candidate.

Yeah. There was a quote I once read, but I can't find it and forgot what it said. I think it went something like this

"I don't even feel like it is Democrat vs Republican anymore. I feel that this has now become Liberal vs Conservative." I don't remember the rest of the quote, but basically he or she is saying that most of the Presidential Elections are between a hardcore liberal and a hardcore conservative, and with a Libertarian party rising and becoming a bigger part of the system, we might actually get a balance. I feel that complete liberalism and complete conservatism just doesn't work in the U.S.

The problem with that is that this is the first primary in a very long time with a candidate with major support who is distinctly left-wing, let alone a hardcore liberal in a general.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 10:09:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Right now I can't imagine anything trump might say that he hasn't already said would lose the support of his so-called "fans".
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 10:11:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/3/2016 5:05:43 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/3/2016 3:06:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/3/2016 2:11:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who will win the GOP nomination.

Trump or Ted Cruz.

Leaves me curious. What happened with Rand Paul?

There's no room for sanity in today's GOP.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 11:05:06 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
It's Jeb Bush. I mean history shows us that the person with the most insider support wins. History has never proven us wrong on this point. Anyone who says anything other than Jeb Bush is just not looking at history and past elections