Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 1:01:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Here we go again.

http://m.washingtontimes.com...
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 1:13:11 AM
At 1/7/2016 1:01:33 AM, Maccabee wrote:
Here we go again.

surprised? we don't enforce existing laws so why not make more that won't or can't be enforced it's what the government does. As has been said so many times, none of the old or new proposed laws would have stopped any of the tragedies both sides accept and agree to that. So why make more? It's a foundation to allow government into our medical records and personal information which ties in nicely to Obama care. They want doctors to report if you are prescribed certain kinds of drugs to see if you should be allow to have or keep firearms. Those who want to get and keep them will not seek treatment for fear of the government learning they are receiving treatment. Funny thing is the mentally disturbed that commit crimes, I would bet 90% or more are NOT receiving treatment.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 1:53:22 AM
At 1/7/2016 1:13:11 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
Here we go again.

surprised? we don't enforce existing laws so why not make more that won't or can't be enforced it's what the government does. As has been said so many times, none of the old or new proposed laws would have stopped any of the tragedies both sides accept and agree to that. So why make more? It's a foundation to allow government into our medical records and personal information which ties in nicely to Obama care. They want doctors to report if you are prescribed certain kinds of drugs to see if you should be allow to have or keep firearms. Those who want to get and keep them will not seek treatment for fear of the government learning they are receiving treatment. Funny thing is the mentally disturbed that commit crimes, I would bet 90% or more are NOT receiving treatment.

Only tax laws are strictly enforced. You can get away with alot of stuff. Just ask Wylted.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 2:17:48 AM
At 1/7/2016 1:53:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Here we go again.

Only tax laws are strictly enforced. You can get away with alot of stuff. Just ask Wylted.

great point, sad but true, I posted a link on a different topic where a woman purchased a gun for her felon bf in other state, he kills someone she get's 1 year probation for that straw purchase. bfd.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 2:23:36 AM
At 1/7/2016 2:17:48 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/7/2016 1:53:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Here we go again.

great point, sad but true, I posted a link on a different topic where a woman purchased a gun for her felon bf in other state, he kills someone she get's 1 year probation for that straw purchase. bfd.
Gun control at work. It doesn't work.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 2:23:54 AM
Here we go again.

http://www.quickmeme.com...
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 1:50:37 PM
Here we go again.

I am still waiting on Car control laws. These cars are getting out of control; rolling around just running people over; getting drunk t boning families of four; wrapping themselves around trees while speeding; and tossing babies through windshields.

"For God's Sake, THE BABIESSSS" *tears*

I think they got mad after we made hood ornaments illegal and started loading them down with airbags.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 5:24:30 PM
At 1/7/2016 1:50:37 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
Here we go again.

I am still waiting on Car control laws. These cars are getting out of control; rolling around just running people over; getting drunk t boning families of four; wrapping themselves around trees while speeding; and tossing babies through windshields.

I think they got mad after we made hood ornaments illegal and started loading them down with airbags.

Wait, they made hood ornaments illegal? Come to think of it I don't see too many on cars.

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 5:29:04 PM
Here we go again.

+1
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 5:47:06 PM
At 1/7/2016 5:24:30 PM, Maccabee wrote:
Here we go again.

Wait, they made hood ornaments illegal? Come to think of it I don't see too many on cars.

I think it is a state to state thing but pretty much. Apparently, it adds insult to injury when hitting a pedestrain if you also impale them.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 7:26:13 PM
At 1/7/2016 5:47:06 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
Here we go again.

I think it is a state to state thing but pretty much. Apparently, it adds insult to injury when hitting a pedestrain if you also impale them.

yeah but only the car manufacturers are libel for those injuries, I mean you didn't design the car and put it on there right? Sure the person may have been drinking and driving or just decide to drive down a sidewalk full of people, but if someone gets injured because of the hood ornament well that's on the maker.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 8:00:49 PM
At 1/7/2016 7:26:13 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/7/2016 5:47:06 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
Here we go again.

yeah but only the car manufacturers are libel for those injuries, I mean you didn't design the car and put it on there right? Sure the person may have been drinking and driving or just decide to drive down a sidewalk full of people, but if someone gets injured because of the hood ornament well that's on the maker.

Exactly that makes perfect sense.
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 11:28:09 PM
Ah, the old "current laws don't work!!!11!1!!1!" response... It is no surprise to anyone that the poorly-designed gun control laws we currently have in place have failed. The primary reason for their failure is that they completely ignore the "private sales" loophole (which is how the majority of criminals get their guns). There are more effective policy proposals out there, however, and those are the ones which anti-gun people want implemented. I personally am a proponent of a ban on private sales, along with a mandatory gun registration policy (the latter makes the former possible to enforce). I also support treating gun ownership in general like we treat concealed-carry permits. "Typical license requirements include residency, minimum age, submitting fingerprints, passing a computerized instant background check (or a more comprehensive manual background check), attending a certified handgun/firearm safety class, passing a practical qualification demonstrating handgun proficiency, and paying a required fee." [https://en.wikipedia.org...].
Call me King Pootie Tang.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 11:37:54 PM
At 1/7/2016 11:28:09 PM, spacetime wrote:
Ah, the old "current laws don't work!!!11!1!!1!" response... It is no surprise to anyone that the poorly-designed gun control laws we currently have in place have failed. The primary reason for their failure is that they completely ignore the "private sales" loophole (which is how the majority of criminals get their guns). There are more effective policy proposals out there, however, and those are the ones which anti-gun people want implemented. I personally am a proponent of a ban on private sales, along with a mandatory gun registration policy (the latter makes the former possible to enforce). I also support treating gun ownership in general like we treat concealed-carry permits. "Typical license requirements include residency, minimum age, submitting fingerprints, passing a computerized instant background check (or a more comprehensive manual background check), attending a certified handgun/firearm safety class, passing a practical qualification demonstrating handgun proficiency, and paying a required fee." [https://en.wikipedia.org...].

Don't know wher you get your info from but criminals mostly get there guns from either stealing it or from straw purchases. I guess this is where the debate starts.

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 11:40:38 PM
At 1/7/2016 11:37:54 PM, Maccabee wrote:

Don't know wher you get your info from but criminals mostly get there guns from either stealing it or from straw purchases. I guess this is where the debate starts.

Straw purchases are a type of private sale...

Gun theft is a more difficult problem to tackle, however
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2016 11:48:45 PM
At 1/7/2016 11:40:38 PM, spacetime wrote:

How your going to regulate straw purchases? Once the person buy the gun he can do pretty much anything without the government even knowing. He can lie on a form about why he is buying the gun you know.

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 12:02:21 AM
At 1/7/2016 11:48:45 PM, Maccabee wrote:

How your going to regulate straw purchases? Once the person buy the gun he can do pretty much anything without the government even knowing. He can lie on a form about why he is buying the gun you know.

Gun registration requirements would make a lot of gun control laws way more enforceable. Registration enables the police to trace back any gun to its original owner, thus facilitating the detection of illegal transfers (private sales, gun theft, etc). If there are harsh enough punishments in place, then the frequency of such transfers will drastically decrease via deterrence.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 12:20:11 AM
At 1/8/2016 12:02:21 AM, spacetime wrote:

Gun registration requirements would make a lot of gun control laws way more enforceable. Registration enables the police to trace back any gun to its original owner, thus facilitating the detection of illegal transfers (private sales, gun theft, etc). If there are harsh enough punishments in place, then the frequency of such transfers will drastically decrease via deterrence.

Every dictator registrateded guns before confiscating them.

Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 12:42:12 AM
At 1/8/2016 12:20:11 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Precisely.

What do you think Samuel Adams or Patrick Henry would have said if the King demanded they register all their weapons?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:17:10 AM

That's silly, the guy can just say he lost his gun and didn't know what happened to it, file a report saying it was lost/stolen. Later just give it to whoever. You can't win.
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:22:12 AM

So let me get this straight. We have (1) the virtually non-existent possibility that the US government is going to turn tyrannous, and (2) an actual gun violence epidemic which claims thousands of lives per year. And you're prioritizing the first "problem" over the second?

That's fucked up.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:34:11 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:22:12 AM, spacetime wrote:

So let me get this straight. We have (1) the virtually non-existent possibility that the US government is going to turn tyrannous, and (2) an actual gun violence epidemic which claims thousands of lives per year. And you're prioritizing the first "problem" over the second?

That's messed up.

1. The government is encroaching on are rights everyday. Hitler didnt said to the Jews that he's going to kill them right off the bat.

2. The guy like someone else said can claim he lost it and file a report. Also most of the gun violence come from gun restrictive states. Also guns have been used in defense about a million times per year.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:35:36 AM
Oh one more point, mass shooters either got their guns legally because they haven't committed a crime before or they still it or get it from straw purchases.

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:41:40 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:17:10 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

That's silly, the guy can just say he lost his gun and didn't know what happened to it, file a report saying it was lost/stolen. Later just give it to whoever. You can't win.

Lol, you think it won't raise any eyebrows when an illegal gun dealer has to pull that tactic for every single gun they sell? No one "loses" that many guns per year. In order to avoid getting caught, they would have to limit how many guns they can illegally sell to a negligible amount. Furthermore, when a criminal is caught, they can get a slightly less harsh sentence for providing information about where they got their gun from (sort of like what happens when they sell out their accomplices). Registration is very effective in reducing the black-market for guns.
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:45:27 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:34:11 AM, Maccabee wrote:

That's fucked up.

1. The government is encroaching on are rights everyday. Hitler didnt said to the Jews that he's going to kill them right off the bat.

What drives people to be so irrationally paranoid is a complete mystery to me...

2. The guy like someone else said can claim he lost it and file a report. Also most of the gun violence come from gun restrictive states. Also guns have been used in defense about a million times per year.

Please stick to making only one bad argument at a time. I'm not taking the effort to full respond to all your blippy one-liners.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:45:36 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:41:40 AM, spacetime wrote:
At 1/8/2016 1:17:10 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol, you think it won't raise any eyebrows when an illegal gun dealer has to pull that tactic for every single gun they sell? No one "loses" that many guns per year. In order to avoid getting caught, they would have to limit how many guns they can illegally sell to a negligible amount. Furthermore, when a criminal is caught, they can get a slightly less harsh sentence for providing information about where they got their gun from (sort of like what happens when they sell out their accomplices). Registration is very effective in reducing the black-market for guns.

This is the likely scenario for a crazy murderer.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:48:34 AM
Crap I keep forgetting, guns make people crazy. Why we still have the 2nd amendment when this is a known clinical fact is preposterous.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 1:51:22 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:48:34 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Crap I keep forgetting, guns make people crazy. Why we still have the 2nd amendment when this is a known clinical fact is preposterous.

Forgot the factual link sorry.
http://tinyurl.com...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 2:03:20 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:45:27 AM, spacetime wrote:
At 1/8/2016 1:34:11 AM, Maccabee wrote:

That's fucked up.

What drives people to be so irrationally paranoid is a complete mystery to me...

History. Those who don't learn from it...

Please stick to making only one bad argument at a time. I'm not taking the effort to full respond to all your blippy one-liners.
Here's an article showing that guns are used in defense far more often than crimes.

http://www.guncite.com...

Also take a look at the stats and see which state has more crime per population.

spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 2:06:13 AM
At 1/8/2016 1:48:34 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol @ your straw-manning. To be precise, the liberal position is that guns allow crazy people to cause way more damage than they otherwise could. Therefore, we should be taking measures to keep guns away from crazy people (and criminally-inclined people in general)