-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:44:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
"Mr. Paul said in an interview with CNN that after being told he would not make the main debate, he informed the network that he would not participate in the undercard debate"

Fiorina may have been downgraded but at least she isn't shooting herself in the foot like Paul insists on doing
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:54:11 AM
At 1/12/2016 4:44:49 AM, imabench wrote:
"Mr. Paul said in an interview with CNN that after being told he would not make the main debate, he informed the network that he would not participate in the undercard debate"

Fiorina may have been downgraded but at least she isn't shooting herself in the foot like Paul insists on doing

I'm not sure what goes on in the head of a failing candidate, but there is literally no possibility that Rand Paul will win any state, much less the nomination. I assume the function of his campaign at the very least is to maximize publicity for a future run ... so debating before a smaller audience might just be futile to him.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:00:39 AM
At 1/12/2016 4:54:11 AM, 000ike wrote:

I'm not sure what goes on in the head of a failing candidate, but there is literally no possibility that Rand Paul will win any state, much less the nomination. I assume the function of his campaign at the very least is to maximize publicity for a future run ... so debating before a smaller audience might just be futile to him.

I don't think he has a shot ever. IF rubio does not win the nomination this year, he has a clear shot in the upcoming years. His path is being paved to the white house for him
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:02:16 AM
damn now I can only hear heavily rehearsed stump speeches condensed into debate answers in response to softball questions from Rubio
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:05:38 AM
At 1/12/2016 4:57:50 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 1/12/2016 3:10:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

http://www.nytimes.com...

Trump has a huge shot at winning, and that scares me

At least we don't have to listen to Fiorina get any speaking time whatsoever on the GOP's main stage.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:06:03 AM
FVCKING. FINALLY.

If Cruz siphons off enough support from Trump to make him drop out, before doing something retarded and wrecking his own campaign in the process, then he could still go down...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:13:44 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:00:39 AM, Mikal wrote:

I don't think he has a shot ever. IF rubio does not win the nomination this year, he has a clear shot in the upcoming years. His path is being paved to the white house for him

True, but I doubt Rand Paul sees it that way. As for Rubio, he's definitely going to run again, but I would stop short of saying the path to the White House has been paved for him. He still obviously doesn't represent the base or articulate its sentiments very well .... Let's assume that Clinton wins this election, where's all this irrational right-wing discontent going to go in the next 4 years? Absent something dramatic to divert attention from the liberal policies they hate....I imagine it's only going to intensify, and they'll select Trump all over again, if not Cruz.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:38:32 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:13:44 AM, 000ike wrote:

True, but I doubt Rand Paul sees it that way. As for Rubio, he's definitely going to run again, but I would stop short of saying the path to the White House has been paved for him. He still obviously doesn't represent the base or articulate its sentiments very well .... Let's assume that Clinton wins this election, where's all this irrational right-wing discontent going to go in the next 4 years? Absent something dramatic to divert attention from the liberal policies they hate....I imagine it's only going to intensify, and they'll select Trump all over again, if not Cruz.

Your thinking of the alternative path that I'm assuming will unfold. They will either as you said (1) default back to the irrational and stay grounded in the beliefs that have been hidden in the base for so long (which trump is bringing out) or (2) They will default and revamp the base entirely , and Rubio being the son of an immigrant basically promises him some of the minority vote if and win the GOP reforms it's outdated ideals.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:39:44 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:06:03 AM, imabench wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

If Cruz siphons off enough support from Trump to make him drop out, before doing something retarded and wrecking his own campaign in the process, then he could still go down...

I see now way in which he goes down. I think it's going to a close call against Hillary, as most of the polls are no where near accurate. No one in their right mind would actively say they support trump over the phone which is a majority of the polls being taken. They will say it when no one sees who they voted for
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:40:56 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:05:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

At least we don't have to listen to Fiorina get any speaking time whatsoever on the GOP's main stage.

she's a woman, according to her own religious ideals she should not speak at all.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:52:07 AM
FVCKING. FINALLY.

It's about time. Sorry to see Rand go though.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:06:57 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:39:44 AM, Mikal wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

I see now way in which he goes down. I think it's going to a close call against Hillary, as most of the polls are no where near accurate. No one in their right mind would actively say they support trump over the phone which is a majority of the polls being taken. They will say it when no one sees who they voted for

I have to say that I find the Trump thing interesting as an outsider. I don't think that Trump will win, but what he has done is permanently change politics is the US. People are tired of being manipulated, and people find that both parties are manipulating them into a very narrow band of politics.

People are told that they are either left or right trending to the centre. However, people are actually extremes that average out one way or the other. What Trump has done is realize this and appeal to the the more extreme positions on hot button topics by letting his own more extreme positions be known. This seems to provide him a 2 fold benefit.

1) He is able to appeal to these more extreme positions
2) He is given trust, because he isn't playing politics, but rather seems as trustworthy because agree or not you know exactly where he stands. This gives strong anti-establishment cred.

So while I don't think Trump will make it, the next person who takes advantage of this will truly be a dangerous person...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:32:10 PM

I agree. We will see the guy again, regardless.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:32:59 PM
At 1/12/2016 5:13:44 AM, 000ike wrote:

Now that is some scary sh1t. You are right!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:34:15 PM
At 1/12/2016 5:39:44 AM, Mikal wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

I think it is the other way around. I think, odd enough, that many people are very proud to say they support Trump, but can't really imagine him as president.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:03:16 AM
FVCKING. FINALLY.

I still don't believe that the GOP has any chance of winning the election if they take Trump as their nominee. He's un-electable.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:22:56 AM
At 1/14/2016 1:03:16 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
FVCKING. FINALLY.

I still don't believe that the GOP has any chance of winning the election if they take Trump as their nominee. He's un-electable.

Well yeah, but the long-term consequences of trump even getting nominated will extend well into the next couple of election cycles, meaning Trump could be exponentially f*cking up which kind of GOP politicians run for president in the future.

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 2:39:35 AM
At 1/14/2016 1:22:56 AM, imabench wrote:
Well yeah, but the long-term consequences of trump even getting nominated will extend well into the next couple of election cycles, meaning Trump could be exponentially f*cking up which kind of GOP politicians run for president in the future.

True, but in the end, this will probably lead to sensible conservatives realizing that today's GOP isn't the party that best aligns with their views. They would either try to fix that or go form their own party, either way it's the death of today's GOP, and that's always welcome.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:29:27 AM
At 1/14/2016 2:39:35 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/14/2016 1:22:56 AM, imabench wrote:

True, but in the end, this will probably lead to sensible conservatives realizing that today's GOP isn't the party that best aligns with their views. They would either try to fix that or go form their own party, either way it's the death of today's GOP, and that's always welcome.

What if they just switch to being moderate leaning democrats though? Jim Webb and Lincoln Chafee were both former Republicans who jumped ship to become Democrats, Charlie Christ here in Florida did the same thing, and im sure there are other examples of politicians switching sides as well... If moderate Republicans simply become Democrats instead of trying to take back their own party from the radical right, then it just leaves one giant party against one hard-right wing party. That'll be great for the Dems in presidential elections since winning would be a breeze, but it would be a freaking nightmare in Congress where now we have an increasingly polarized legislature, and with no moderate GOP 3rd party to balance out the bullsh*t....