Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

The winning argument for Sanders

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:49:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

This is literally my first time hearing this song since elementary school.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:49:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

the American version is better :)
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:52:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:49:57 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

the American version is better :)

Funny joke
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:52:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

Oh my god it's this guy. I remember one time he came to our school in kindergarten, it was awesome.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:53:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:52:07 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:49:57 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

the American version is better :)

Funny joke

There was nothing funny about it.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:55:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:53:11 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
There was nothing funny about it.

Anyone who thinks the American version is better than the michael moore's original is a top class stand up comedian.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:56:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:55:36 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:53:11 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
There was nothing funny about it.

Anyone who thinks the American version is better than the michael mitchell's original is a top class stand up comedian.

Damn, reddit and ddo at the same time is confusing.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:00:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:55:36 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:53:11 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
There was nothing funny about it.

Anyone who thinks the American version is better than the michael moore's original is a top class stand up comedian.

You do realize the "original song' was made by Woody Guthrie right? And do even you know who Michael Moore is?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:01:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 12:00:09 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:55:36 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:53:11 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
There was nothing funny about it.

Anyone who thinks the American version is better than the michael moore's original is a top class stand up comedian.

You do realize the "original song' was made by Woody Guthrie right? And do even you know who Michael Moore is?

Yeah, he came to my school years ago.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:03:08 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

What? Guthery wrote 'this land' about (aBut for you) America in like 1940.
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:06:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Sanders is, from a liberal perspective, superior to Clinton in literally every way--even electability. Sanders cares about the people while Clinton is clearly bought off. When a bad jobs report comes off, Clinton lies awake at night fretting about how it harms her politically. Sanders lies awake in tears over all the people who lost their livelihoods. I honestly think that matters much more than policy.

I'm far from a liberal but if I were a Sanders supporter I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to see him not winning against such an utterly corrupt and opportunistic lizard person like Shillary
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:07:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

Canadian pride is a strange thing. I mean, you guys have to have something to keep you sane in winter (is it like 11 months?), but that is Hockey. What else do you have to be proud about (aboot)?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:09:06 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 12:06:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Sanders is, from a liberal perspective, superior to Clinton in literally every way--even electability. Sanders cares about the people while Clinton is clearly bought off. When a bad jobs report comes off, Clinton lies awake at night fretting about how it harms her politically. Sanders lies awake in tears over all the people who lost their livelihoods. I honestly think that matters much more than policy.

I'm far from a liberal but if I were a Sanders supporter I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to see him not winning against such an utterly corrupt and opportunistic lizard person like Shillary

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty fair.

But on the lighter note, Clinton does *not* bring any hippie folk music.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:25:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 12:07:01 AM, TBR wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:48:20 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Sanders stole that song from Canada :(

Canadian pride is a strange thing. I mean, you guys have to have something to keep you sane in winter (is it like 11 months?), but that is Hockey. What else do you have to be proud about (aboot)?

Managing to stay sane during sane winter, quite proud of that.??
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 12:50:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 12:09:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 12:06:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Sanders is, from a liberal perspective, superior to Clinton in literally every way--even electability. Sanders cares about the people while Clinton is clearly bought off. When a bad jobs report comes off, Clinton lies awake at night fretting about how it harms her politically. Sanders lies awake in tears over all the people who lost their livelihoods. I honestly think that matters much more than policy.

I'm far from a liberal but if I were a Sanders supporter I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to see him not winning against such an utterly corrupt and opportunistic lizard person like Shillary

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty fair.

But on the lighter note, Clinton does *not* bring any hippie folk music.

She will if you cross her.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.

Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.

Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.

Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.

Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:45:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:29:10 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:27:29 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:24:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:22:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 11:02:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
https://youtu.be...

You can't deny how amazing his debate skills are, and his passion, and his...folk music...(?)

Yeah, just refute every point by saying "We have a problem, so let's tax the rich".

Sander's intelligence level barely surpasses that of a Bonobo Ape.

His level of intelligence is probably top-3 in Congress.

Being an intelligence Congressman isn't a high achievement. Also, I am sure there are more intelligent people, far more than 2 others.

You probably can't describe his views in a more nuanced manner than "socialist filth" so I think that's all that needs to be said.

Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.

No, no it isn't. You have yet to prove this, so it's easily dismiss-able. Don't straw-man my arguments.

I disagree with him on the point that he is stupid. I don't acknowledge his intelligence because he has nothing to acknowledge. There's plenty of intelligent people that I disagree with, but Bernie is not. Bernie is just an old hack who thinks the government is the solution to all the problems. Someone who has lived through so much history should know otherwise.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:48:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:45:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.

No, no it isn't. You have yet to prove this, so it's easily dismiss-able. Don't straw-man my arguments.

I disagree with him on the point that he is stupid. I don't acknowledge his intelligence because he has nothing to acknowledge. There's plenty of intelligent people that I disagree with, but Bernie is not. Bernie is just an old hack who thinks the government is the solution to all the problems. Someone who has lived through so much history should know otherwise.

If you think that he has confidence in the *current* government, and the government of all of his time in Congress, you need to check your view.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:51:58 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:48:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:45:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:33:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:30:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Socialist filth is a broad term that I applied to his multitude of economically illiterate views. Just off the top of my head, his arguments on interest and min. wage are signs that he either didn't take or slept during a class on Econ 101.

This man doesn't even understand risk/collateral.

I guess because he doesn't worship Milton Friedman he doesn't understand economics. You're right.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.

No, no it isn't. You have yet to prove this, so it's easily dismiss-able. Don't straw-man my arguments.

I disagree with him on the point that he is stupid. I don't acknowledge his intelligence because he has nothing to acknowledge. There's plenty of intelligent people that I disagree with, but Bernie is not. Bernie is just an old hack who thinks the government is the solution to all the problems. Someone who has lived through so much history should know otherwise.

If you think that he has confidence in the *current* government, and the government of all of his time in Congress, you need to check your view.

Confidence? Certain traits resonate with people the more they are asserted. If you give gov. all this power, you will not get a good result.

Regardless, the guy thinks that a 10% interest on student loans is unfair because you can get 3% interest on your mortgage. He thinks that free healthcare is a good idea, or that min wage needs to be raised to $15 an hour. He also supports the welfare state, and all these social programs.

Also, intelligence is a matter of perspective. I find him to be stupid, because he follows stupid and absurd ideas.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:56:58 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:51:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:48:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:45:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.

No, no it isn't. You have yet to prove this, so it's easily dismiss-able. Don't straw-man my arguments.

I disagree with him on the point that he is stupid. I don't acknowledge his intelligence because he has nothing to acknowledge. There's plenty of intelligent people that I disagree with, but Bernie is not. Bernie is just an old hack who thinks the government is the solution to all the problems. Someone who has lived through so much history should know otherwise.

If you think that he has confidence in the *current* government, and the government of all of his time in Congress, you need to check your view.

Confidence? Certain traits resonate with people the more they are asserted. If you give gov. all this power, you will not get a good result.

So when was there a government in the US that resembled the model Sanders wants to push?

Regardless, the guy thinks that a 10% interest on student loans is unfair because you can get 3% interest on your mortgage. He thinks that free healthcare is a good idea, or that min wage needs to be raised to $15 an hour. He also supports the welfare state, and all these social programs.

Also, intelligence is a matter of perspective. I find him to be stupid, because he follows stupid and absurd ideas.

Your ideas are only as stupid as your reason to back them.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 3:03:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:56:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:51:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:48:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:45:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:39:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:36:58 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
That statement makes absolutely no sense. Him worshiping Friedman has nothing to do with the argument. He just doesn't understand economics, regardless of how you put it.

Let me put it in a way that you will understand - "HE DOES NOT KNOW ECONOMIC FACTS".

I'm saying you don't appreciate intelligence because of the sole reason you disagree with them. You worship everything Milton Friedman wrote, and Senator Sanders happens to be on the opposite end of the spectrum - so you say he's dumb and does not grasp any sort of economic facts. That's incredibly stupid.

No, no it isn't. You have yet to prove this, so it's easily dismiss-able. Don't straw-man my arguments.

I disagree with him on the point that he is stupid. I don't acknowledge his intelligence because he has nothing to acknowledge. There's plenty of intelligent people that I disagree with, but Bernie is not. Bernie is just an old hack who thinks the government is the solution to all the problems. Someone who has lived through so much history should know otherwise.

If you think that he has confidence in the *current* government, and the government of all of his time in Congress, you need to check your view.

Confidence? Certain traits resonate with people the more they are asserted. If you give gov. all this power, you will not get a good result.

So when was there a government in the US that resembled the model Sanders wants to push?

Never stated the U.S. in particular. He finds the current administration to be bad because they don't do enough, I find it to be bad because they do too much.

Regardless, the guy thinks that a 10% interest on student loans is unfair because you can get 3% interest on your mortgage. He thinks that free healthcare is a good idea, or that min wage needs to be raised to $15 an hour. He also supports the welfare state, and all these social programs.

Also, intelligence is a matter of perspective. I find him to be stupid, because he follows stupid and absurd ideas.

Your ideas are only as stupid as your reason to back them.

Yes, quite literally. Thanks for agreeing. I knew you would come around some day. :)

His reason of backing them is because he hates the rich (he just wants votes). His solutions to the rich is more government, which is the problem in the first place, and then slowly killing them off (figuratively). Don't worry though, the economy will definitely grow when unemployment rises!

Maybe he will do more stupid stuff like print a bunch of money and then act as if now we are richer. I don't even think he knows what inflation is.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.