Jump to topic:

Why I'm for gun rights but against abortion

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:10:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm sure those in support of gun rights and pro life was asked this from time to time. Here's why I'm for gun rights but against abortion (this could get hectic mixing two topics in one thread). I'm for gun rights because it give the individual the right to protect him/herself from an attacker. It gives the innocent the chance to preserve the innocent. Whether it be themselves or someone else. Why I'm against abortion is because its porposely killing the innocent and harming the mother and sometimes killing her.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:16:50 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:10:43 PM, Maccabee wrote:
I'm sure those in support of gun rights and pro life was asked this from time to time. Here's why I'm for gun rights but against abortion (this could get hectic mixing two topics in one thread). I'm for gun rights because it give the individual the right to protect him/herself from an attacker. It gives the innocent the chance to preserve the innocent. Whether it be themselves or someone else. Why I'm against abortion is because its porposely killing the innocent and harming the mother and sometimes killing her.

What a trainwreck. Want to take another swing at this post?
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:23:09 PM

Not hectic at all.

The right to keep and bear arms is predicated on the right to self defense and the defense of other innocent lives.

While, abortions deny and take innocent lives.

The choice to support the right to keep and bear and to oppose abortions is really no more complicated than that.

Good job!
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:25:28 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:16:50 PM, TBR wrote:

Why its a train wreck?

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:26:43 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:23:09 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

Not hectic at all.

Yet, but thanks anyway.

The right to keep and bear arms is predicated on the right to self defense and the defense of other innocent lives.

While, abortions deny and take innocent lives.

The choice to support the right to keep and bear and to oppose abortions is really no more complicated than that.

Good job!

Couldn't agree more.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:30:06 PM

i laughed my a** off reading this you have no idea XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:35:44 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:30:06 PM, imabench wrote:

Me or TBR? I'm thinking you're talking about TBR.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:38:57 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:35:44 PM, Maccabee wrote:

Im laughing at you genius
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:43:51 PM

I think it is fine.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:46:17 PM

If I may, I would like to advise you against feeding the trolls.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 11:54:05 PM
At 1/13/2016 11:46:17 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

lol, says the troll.

"there is no reason to believe that a Hitlary Klinton administration would not try to finish what the Obummer fvckups began."

Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:01:35 AM
At 1/13/2016 11:54:05 PM, imabench wrote:

lol, says the troll.

"there is no reason to believe that a Hitlary Klinton administration would not try to finish what the Obummer fvckups began."

If you felt trolled by my lack of respect for those administrations on display in that post, then you took it the wrong way. A troll would not have brought anything reasonable to that conversation as I did by raising the issue of incrementalism.

Comparably, what of any reasonable value are YOU bringing to this thread?

Not a damn thing at all.

And that is what makes YOU the troll.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:04:06 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:01:35 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:

lol, says the troll.

If you felt trolled by my lack of respect for those administrations on display in that post, then you took it the wrong way. A troll would not have brought anything reasonable to that conversation as I did by raising the issue of incrementalism.

Not a damn thing at all.

What we are attempting to bring is some level of communication skills. You both seem very lacking in this discipline and since we are on a forum, that is somewhat important.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:08:20 AM
Mac If youre wondering why im laughing at you let me go ahead and break it down for you in language you might understand

I'm against abortion is because its porposely killing the innocent and harming the mother and sometimes killing her.

1) A woman being forced to carry a baby she does not want to have kinda makes HER the victim when she cannot abort it. There is always a 'victim' in the abortion issue with a mother and the embryo, whereas a self-defense argument regarding gun rights is not the same.

2) Being against abortion will mean that people who really want an abortion will just have one illegally, which is far more dangerous and far more likely to kill the mother in the process, which is something you were against.

3) Forcing a mother to keep a child she does not want to have will 'hurt her' way more then having an abortion in so many more ways than she would be 'hurt' in getting an abortion

Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:08:30 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:04:06 AM, TBR wrote:

lol, says the troll.

Not a damn thing at all.

What we are attempting to bring is some level of communication skills. You both seem very lacking in this discipline and since we are on a forum, that is somewhat important.

Then use you superior communications skills to actually address the topic and in doing so, you will elevate yourself above self appointed forum cop and common troll.

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:09:08 AM

lol, says the troll.

So you are trolling here, sense at least the first guy gave reasons to his claim you guys are just bashing it and not saying how it is bad.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:09:25 AM

I just contributed something reasonable to this thread, troll :)

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:12:51 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:08:30 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 1/14/2016 12:04:06 AM, TBR wrote:

lol, says the troll.

Not a damn thing at all.

Then use you superior communications skills to actually address the topic and in doing so, you will elevate yourself above self appointed forum cop and common troll.

With you? I don't know. With zingers like Obummer, I think you may be out of my league. I don't debate with teens or adults with the mentality of a teen.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:13:56 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:09:25 AM, imabench wrote:

Not until you were called on your trolling, you didn't.

Troll.

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:14:15 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:08:20 AM, imabench wrote:
Mac If youre wondering why im laughing at you let me go ahead and break it down for you in language you might understand

I'm against abortion is because its porposely killing the innocent and harming the mother and sometimes killing her.

1) A woman being forced to carry a baby she does not want to have kinda makes HER the victim when she cannot abort it. There is always a 'victim' in the abortion issue with a mother and the embryo, whereas a self-defense argument regarding gun rights is not the same.

2) Being against abortion will mean that people who really want an abortion will just have one illegally, which is far more dangerous and far more likely to kill the mother in the process, which is something you were against.

3) Forcing a mother to keep a child she does not want to have will 'hurt her' way more then having an abortion in so many more ways than she would be 'hurt' in getting an abortion

It is the mothers fault for having the baby in the first place, if she could not have afforded to bring life into this world then she should have used the organ called gasp our brain, also my comment that was posted a couple minutes ago was made before you made before Insaw this post. Sex is meant to bring life into our world, it is not meant to only be fir pleasure. Sure it does have pleasure to it but it was never meant to only be that.

I know that may happen but I stand by what I said and I stand by my values and morals. I see poor who are alive and they are happy to be alive. I stand by my stance and the republican party on this stance. You have your values I have mine.

She does not have to keep it, there is a thing called wait for it gasp adopting babies. Shock mind blown.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:15:13 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:13:56 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 1/14/2016 12:09:25 AM, imabench wrote:

Not until you were called on your trolling, you didn't.

Troll.

I was typing that up while you made your accusation, and you still have failed to contribute anything to the thread yourself, troll XDDD

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:16:56 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:09:08 AM, stargate wrote:

lol, says the troll.

So you are trolling here, sense at least the first guy gave reasons to his claim you guys are just bashing it and not saying how it is bad.

See post number 14, I was typing up a response to Mac's OP after my initial post while Chuz decided to go full troll in this thread and others in the politics forum

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:18:22 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:16:56 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/14/2016 12:09:08 AM, stargate wrote:

lol, says the troll.

See post number 14, I was typing up a response to Mac's OP after my initial post while Chuz decided to go full troll in this thread and others in the politics forum

Yeah I saw after I posted it.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:26:09 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:14:15 AM, stargate wrote:

It is the mothers fault for having the baby in the first place,

Just for future reference, ^ this will be the sentence I will point to as the start for where I lost any and all ability to take you seriously.

She does not have to keep it, there is a thing called wait for it gasp adopting babies. Shock mind blown.

You do realize that 1) not all people up for adoption get adopted, 2) being in a foster home is usually terrible for the child, 3) the mother is still way over her head in medical bills from having the baby in a hospital, 4) the mother would still have to go through the physical pain if giving birth and the burden of carrying the child in the womb for several months before getting rid of the baby, which would for the most part be avoided with an abortion.

Also dont use 'shock mind blown' after saying something kind of ignorant because it only makes you look extra ignorant when someone deconstructs your 'mind blowing' post

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:28:16 AM

So inconvience trumps right to life?

Or they can put it up for adoption. They shouldn't have abortions anyway.

This says otherwise.

http://www.mccl.org...

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:30:43 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:26:09 AM, imabench wrote:

Just for future reference, ^ this will be the sentence I will point to as the start for where I lost any and all ability to take you seriously.

You do realize that 1) not all people up for adoption get adopted, 2) being in a foster home is usually terrible for the child, 3) the mother is still way over her head in medical bills from having the baby in a hospital, 4) the mother would still have to go through the physical pain if giving birth and the burden of carrying the child in the womb for several months before getting rid of the baby, which would for the most part be avoided with an abortion.

Also dont use 'shock mind blown' after saying something kind of ignorant because it only makes you look extra ignorant when someone deconstructs your 'mind blowing' post

I understand why you do nit like that I used it due ti many talking about abortion never bring it up or avoid the topic all together. Plus I am simply not ina good mood and did as more of a joke and to stess adopting rather then a jab at you.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:33:22 AM

The fact is it is a option, they should have know what would happen before hand, I support life and unless they where raped witch I doubt then they should not be allowed to get abortions. They should have though about what could happen.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:34:00 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:28:16 AM, Maccabee wrote:

The woman has a right to protect her body, at any cost to anything that is using it counter to her will. Same basis for you having the right to shoot someone who attacks your body. Make sense?

At ~1 million abortions in the us per year, and only 100k completed adoptions per year in the US, AND a surplus of childeren in the adoption system - adoption is not the solution pro-life seems to think it is.

This says otherwise.

This? This link? Yea, try to bring some credibility and we can talk, OK?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:34:49 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:28:16 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Being forced to have a child you do not want or might not be even able to raise is more than just an 'inconvenience'.

I already explained in a previous post why the adoption idea is an equally stupid way to justify banning abortion

This says otherwise.

I said that it hurts MORE then an abortion, not that an abortion is completely harmless.... Learn to read what a person actually says rather than what you simply WANT them to say

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:38:16 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:33:22 AM, stargate wrote:

The fact is it is a option,

You literally just ignored everything i posted about why adoption is so bad of an option in the first place that its not even viable to pursue that youre just repeating your own beliefs.

I support life and unless they where raped

So you do think a woman shouldnt have to keep a child she didnt want. good to know