Jump to topic:

John Kerry is rude to Iranians

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:48:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I think we should capture, interrogate, video tape an apology from, then release some stranded Iranian sailors. Then we will be returning the generous favor Mr. Kerry is so thankful to Iran for.

http://www.cnn.com...
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:38:13 AM
At 1/14/2016 3:48:11 AM, Skynet wrote:
I think we should capture, interrogate, video tape an apology from, then release some stranded Iranian sailors. Then we will be returning the generous favor Mr. Kerry is so thankful to Iran for.

You obviously didn't hear Obama's call to turn the other cheek. If the Muslims bomb a church, you give them another one to bomb. You don't go out and bomb a Mosque!
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:42:02 AM
At 1/14/2016 4:38:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

You obviously didn't hear Obama's call to turn the other cheek. If the Muslims bomb a church, you give them another one to bomb. You don't go out and bomb a Mosque!

Yes, we probably should take a cue from the modesty and graciousness his Presidency has shown toward his domestic opponents.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:17:12 PM

I think it's the "kill them with kindness" approach. He clearly has an advanced degree in a55 kissery which we all know works against bullies, we should all sing "Why can't we be friends" every day. Only only good thing is the reputations of the U.S. couldn't go lower that it was before this happened so that's a plus.
Imagine if your child goes into the neighbors yard, the neighbor brings them in the house goes through there stuff, makes they admit they where wrong etc and then eventually releases them. you can include gun point if you want or whatever else may apply, but the point is obvious I think.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 9:44:48 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:17:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I think it's the "kill them with kindness" approach. He clearly has an advanced degree in a55 kissery which we all know works against bullies, we should all sing "Why can't we be friends" every day. Only only good thing is the reputations of the U.S. couldn't go lower that it was before this happened so that's a plus.
Imagine if your child goes into the neighbors yard, the neighbor brings them in the house goes through there stuff, makes they admit they where wrong etc and then eventually releases them. you can include gun point if you want or whatever else may apply, but the point is obvious I think.

Well, one, the perception of the US has been improving since Obama took office. Two your scenario is not really apt. We are talking about a foreign nations military, and the border is not a yard.

This would have gone very bad had it happened before Obama. Do you agree?

http://www.pewglobal.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 9:51:56 PM
At 1/14/2016 9:44:48 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, one, the perception of the US has been improving since Obama took office. Two your scenario is not really apt. We are talking about a foreign nations military, and the border is not a yard.

Would have been a record of incompetence to not be able to improve on Bush.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 9:56:23 PM

I don't think we are respected and taken as seriously as we should be, but that's just my opinion, before Obama? can't predict, don't really know, but to thank them when it wasn't even needed and really shouldn't be done is a show of weakness to many countries, especially given the propaganda videos they are not using because of this incident. The point is they didn't need to do what they did to our service members, certainly it was an aggressive act and not out of the kindness of their hearts, so why thank them?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 10:00:19 PM
At 1/14/2016 9:56:23 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I don't think we are respected and taken as seriously as we should be, but that's just my opinion, before Obama? can't predict, don't really know, but to thank them when it wasn't even needed and really shouldn't be done is a show of weakness to many countries, especially given the propaganda videos they are not using because of this incident. The point is they didn't need to do what they did to our service members, certainly it was an aggressive act and not out of the kindness of their hearts, so why thank them?

OK. I have asked several people. What do you want to do? Is it just the "thank-you" that is bugging you?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 12:37:09 AM
At 1/14/2016 10:00:19 PM, TBR wrote:

OK. I have asked several people. What do you want to do? Is it just the "thank-you" that is bugging you?

that's a big part of the bigger picture yes, you don't thank someone who does something wrong for not making it worse, does a victim thank the attacker for not killing them when you aren't threatened to do it? I mean why do it at all? Doesn't make sense to me. Basically the "thank you" legitimized everything the Iranians did. How can anyone now condemn anything that has been done?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 12:58:39 AM
At 1/15/2016 12:37:09 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/14/2016 10:00:19 PM, TBR wrote:

that's a big part of the bigger picture yes, you don't thank someone who does something wrong for not making it worse, does a victim thank the attacker for not killing them when you aren't threatened to do it? I mean why do it at all? Doesn't make sense to me. Basically the "thank you" legitimized everything the Iranians did. How can anyone now condemn anything that has been done?

OK. Did WE do something wrong? We went into their territory. Would we accept that from another nation?
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 1:50:21 AM

I think we should get better leadership, and then turn that whole country into our parking lot in the East.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 2:54:03 AM
At 1/15/2016 12:58:39 AM, TBR wrote:
OK. Did WE do something wrong? We went into their territory. Would we accept that from another nation?

would we have handled it the same way they did? I don't believe so.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:09:16 AM
At 1/15/2016 2:54:03 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

Look. My country is "better" than Iran. I hope so anyway. This, had it happened to us, would have been a political story too. I think this entire thing shows how well the diplomacy has actually worked. Detractors are being foolish, myopic, and hateful of the Obama administration. This was a win.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:13:00 AM
At 1/15/2016 3:09:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 1/15/2016 2:54:03 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

Look. My country is "better" than Iran. I hope so anyway. This, had it happened to us, would have been a political story too. I think this entire thing shows how well the diplomacy has actually worked. Detractors are being foolish, myopic, and hateful of the Obama administration. This was a win.

certainly time will tell, I don't think the "Thank You" was needed and shouldn't have been offered. What did it gain us by saying it do you think? I think it hurt us and have said why, certainly I could be wrong and if more information surfaces that it was needed for some reason than I will accept that.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:16:00 AM

Naw, we just shoot their civilian airliners on their way to Dubai.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:19:34 AM
At 1/15/2016 3:16:00 AM, slo1 wrote:

so you think it was a bit of revenge?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 1:40:17 AM
At 1/15/2016 3:19:34 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 3:16:00 AM, slo1 wrote:

so you think it was a bit of revenge?

Revenge? No, the Iranians deliver our seamen unharmed after invading their sovereign borders. In return we may just shoot down an Iranian civilian jet liner like we did in the 80's. That is what Ted Cruz would like to do. He wants to be so feared that should our seamen ever go into another country's borders and get caught that they would shake in their boots, feed them a hot meal, and apologize for placing their border so close to the american boat.

Good luck with that. We should all be grateful that Iran did not pull a Turkey. I mean, my goodness, Reagan sold the Iranians weapons just 7 years after they held over a 100 US citizens hostages. Why do we need to keep the ruse that they are the #1 archenemy of the United States, especially when the really crazy radical arm of radical Islam is Shiite? They are not our friends by any means, but just saying.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 10:33:17 PM
At 1/14/2016 4:42:02 AM, Skynet wrote:
At 1/14/2016 4:38:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Yes, we probably should take a cue from the modesty and graciousness his Presidency has shown toward his domestic opponents.

Genesis is skynet. Don't think we're not onto you.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...