Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Political policy scenario. What would you do?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:38:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Here is the scenario, please go as much into the philosophical reasons for your choice as possible:

Let's say that a policy decision is in front of you. Saying yes to this policy will improve the status quo, but saying yes to the policy will take society further from your ideal vision. Should you prioritize your vision which may never happen or the gaurunteed improvement upon the status quo?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:40:12 PM
At 1/14/2016 3:38:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
Here is the scenario, please go as much into the philosophical reasons for your choice as possible:

Let's say that a policy decision is in front of you. Saying yes to this policy will improve the status quo, but saying yes to the policy will take society further from your ideal vision. Should you prioritize your vision which may never happen or the gaurunteed improvement upon the status quo?

According to any given person, their views do advance the status quo. So, I would say both.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:49:42 PM
At 1/14/2016 3:40:12 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

According to any given person, their views do advance the status quo. So, I would say both.

What if you can't have both? I think a single payer system is better than the status quo, and also that the beat possible policies would be completely libertarian there would be laws that allowed for tons of competition. Now a single payer simultaneously improves the status quo while also taking us further from a system that is better than both the status quo and the proposed improvement upon the status quo
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:52:22 PM
At 1/14/2016 4:49:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/14/2016 3:40:12 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

What if you can't have both? I think a single payer system is better than the status quo, and also that the beat possible policies would be completely libertarian there would be laws that allowed for tons of competition. Now a single payer simultaneously improves the status quo while also taking us further from a system that is better than both the status quo and the proposed improvement upon the status quo

If I couldn't have both, then I would pursue the decision that would change the status quo, not advance it. But you see, according to my views, I am advancing the status quo, so really, no matter what decision I make, I am advancing the status quo.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.