Jump to topic:

If we had a female president

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:43:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Let's assume we have a female president.

She is going to meet with a leader of a country which we do not have a good relationship with let's call it Youran.
The women of Youran are required to wear an eye patch over their left eye as a religious requirement. They have asked our president to honor and respect their religion and to wear the eye patch while in their country.
What should she do and why?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:48:31 PM
At 1/15/2016 3:43:01 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

She is going to meet with a leader of a country which we do not have a good relationship with let's call it Youran.
The women of Youran are required to wear an eye patch over their left eye as a religious requirement. They have asked our president to honor and respect their religion and to wear the eye patch while in their country.

Uh let's see. The countries that have requirements like that are small middle eastern countries that the president would never go to in the first place. I can't imagine Obama ever personally going to Iran or Saudi Arabia. Buy if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:51:34 PM

War! She would mobilize our nuclear arsenal and turn lowly Youran into a radioactive fission pit of an ocean! How dare she be forced to obey the laws of another country while there! That would be madness!
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:55:40 PM

Lets say we are hosting a foreign country at the UN. This island nation is known for its people not wearing cloths. Do we.... Forget it!

Point is, she could do whatever she likes, including not go.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:58:25 PM
At 1/15/2016 4:48:31 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

Uh let's see. The countries that have requirements like that are small middle eastern countries that the president would never go to in the first place. I can't imagine Obama ever personally going to Iran or Saudi Arabia. Buy if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this.

um ok, are you feeling alright? you are answering questions not asked, clearly you have no imagination, but thanks for nothing I guess.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:58:57 PM

Meet with the leader in a nearby country bordering or near Youran where she wont have to wear clothing with respect to the local religion, but wont piss off anyone in the religion either by flat out defying the customs
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 6:18:53 PM
At 1/15/2016 4:58:57 PM, imabench wrote:

Meet with the leader in a nearby country bordering or near Youran where she wont have to wear clothing with respect to the local religion, but wont piss off anyone in the religion either by flat out defying the customs

awesome response and solution, very good thinking.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:16:54 PM
If granny Clinton becomes the commander in chief of our armed forces, they won't seem to be as big a threat.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:52:50 PM
At 1/15/2016 4:58:25 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Uh let's see. The countries that have requirements like that are small middle eastern countries that the president would never go to in the first place. I can't imagine Obama ever personally going to Iran or Saudi Arabia. But if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this.

um ok, are you feeling alright? you are answering questions not asked, clearly you have no imagination, but thanks for nothing I guess.

" But if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this."

First off learn to read. And if you have a problem with people applying things to real life then you should get off this site. Why is this even in the politics forum if it's just "imagination."
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:58:00 PM
At 1/15/2016 8:52:50 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:58:25 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Uh let's see. The countries that have requirements like that are small middle eastern countries that the president would never go to in the first place. I can't imagine Obama ever personally going to Iran or Saudi Arabia. But if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this.

" But if it did happen, then it's really up to her. Being president of the most powerful country in the world gives you choices in matters like this."

First off learn to read. And if you have a problem with people applying things to real life then you should get off this site. Why is this even in the politics forum if it's just "imagination."

ok Mr. Grumpy pants, why so serious? was trying to have a little fun, free speech and all.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:04:13 PM
At 1/15/2016 8:58:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
ok Mr. Grumpy pants, why so serious? was trying to have a little fun, free speech and all.

"um ok, are you feeling alright? you are answering questions not asked, clearly you have no imagination, but thanks for nothing I guess."

If this is how you respond to a legitimate answer to your forum topic then you can expect people to "be so serious."
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:23:08 PM
At 1/15/2016 9:04:13 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:58:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

"um ok, are you feeling alright? you are answering questions not asked, clearly you have no imagination, but thanks for nothing I guess."

If this is how you respond to a legitimate answer to your forum topic then you can expect people to "be so serious."

you didn't answer the question which was fictitious, instead you assumed things that where in fact not said, if you don't want to play the game why ruin everyone else's fun?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 10:10:19 PM
At 1/15/2016 9:23:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
you didn't answer the question which was fictitious, instead you assumed things that where in fact not said, if you don't want to play the game why ruin everyone else's fun?

Fully gave you an answer m8.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 2:12:46 PM
At 1/15/2016 10:10:19 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 9:23:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Fully gave you an answer m8.

but if was asking the reader to give their opinion, if you don't have one don't post, I thought it was fairly clear, but I guess not.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:00:22 PM
At 1/16/2016 2:12:46 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
but if was asking the reader to give their opinion, if you don't have one don't post, I thought it was fairly clear, but I guess not.

I did give my opinion...?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:35:39 PM
At 1/16/2016 6:00:22 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 2:12:46 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I did give my opinion...?

off topic you did, not sure where the confusion is coming from
I put in bold words I did not use and was not part of the topic, but rather assumption you made and things you inferred.

you wrote. I asked what she should do, "really up to her" is not an answer it's a non answer, you posted a response but did not answer the question, big difference.

Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:38:31 PM
At 1/16/2016 6:35:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Damn, if you're this afraid of people drawing real life political connections from your forum posts then you should get off the politics forum.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 7:17:18 PM
At 1/16/2016 6:38:31 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

Damn, if you're this afraid of people drawing real life political connections from your forum posts then you should get off the politics forum.

not afraid at all, perhaps if you can't directly answer questions asked, don't offer any?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 7:25:42 PM
At 1/16/2016 7:17:18 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

not afraid at all, perhaps if you can't directly answer questions asked, don't offer any?

What I would say he, and I, are getting at is. Its not OUR choice "what should she do", it is HER choice.

If she wants to go to some crap country, she can defy local custom and I would say "all cool by me" or she can follow local custom and I would say, "all cool by me".
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:31:01 PM
At 1/16/2016 7:25:42 PM, TBR wrote:

What I would say he, and I, are getting at is. Its not OUR choice "what should she do", it is HER choice.

If she wants to go to some crap country, she can defy local custom and I would say "all cool by me" or she can follow local custom and I would say, "all cool by me".

I understand that, but like the one solution was well thought out, guess that's what I was hoping for, was more of a problem solving responses if that makes sense.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:34:21 PM
At 1/16/2016 8:31:01 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I understand that, but like the one solution was well thought out, guess that's what I was hoping for, was more of a problem solving responses if that makes sense.

Lets try it this way. If I were president, and I was asked to go to this dirt-hole country with my wife. My wife would never wear this crap, so if they were irritated by this, I would tell them, no-thanks. Come here if you want to talk to me.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:49:21 PM

You go to a couple try on diplomatic terms, then you respect the culture regardless of gender. So yes, she should wear the eye patch. After all, it's only a short period of time.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:50:30 PM
At 1/16/2016 8:34:21 PM, TBR wrote:

Lets try it this way. If I were president, and I was asked to go to this dirt-hole country with my wife. My wife would never wear this crap, so if they were irritated by this, I would tell them, no-thanks. Come here if you want to talk to me.

"wear this crap" "dirt hole country"

This mentality is exactly why so many countries dislike the US.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:02:41 PM
At 1/16/2016 8:50:30 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Dude, it's an eye patch they're being asked to wear. They're literally handicapping all females, any country that does that is "a dirt hole country."
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:15:56 PM

ok I understand that, thanks
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:16:58 PM

Same rhetoric comes out of the mouth of members of the Islamic countries regarding the USA. Can't we all just agree that it's OK to dislike eachother, and leave them alone?

I think the majority of countries we are discussing are dirt-holes. I think the "custom" of women wearing this nonsense is oppressive. That is opinion, and I am fine with it.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:18:27 PM
At 1/16/2016 9:02:41 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

Dude, it's an eye patch they're being asked to wear. They're literally handicapping all females, any country that does that is "a dirt hole country."

She can still see from the other eye.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:19:32 PM
At 1/16/2016 9:16:58 PM, TBR wrote:

Same rhetoric comes out of the mouth of members of the Islamic countries regarding the USA. Can't we all just agree that it's OK to dislike eachother, and leave them alone?

I think the majority of countries we are discussing are dirt-holes. I think the "custom" of women wearing this nonsense is oppressive. That is opinion, and I am fine with it.

That'd be fine in a casual context, but when establishing diplomatic relations the last thing you want to do is insult the country's culture.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:27:50 PM
At 1/16/2016 9:19:32 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/16/2016 9:16:58 PM, TBR wrote:

That'd be fine in a casual context, but when establishing diplomatic relations the last thing you want to do is insult the country's culture.

There are "cultures" that I wish we not encourage that sort of diplomatic relation with. For example. Iran has been a success on the diplomacy front. That does not mean the POTUS should go for a visit.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:44:50 PM
At 1/16/2016 9:18:27 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/16/2016 9:02:41 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

She can still see from the other eye.

Ok... do you really not know the advantages of two eyes over one? Your response proves you can't justify that. Believe it or not, "dirt hole countries" do exist, and it's better for everyone to acknowledge which ones they are.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation