Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you support Donald Trump?

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:36:33 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

The stuff he's proposing right now is downright idiotic at times, but I think that after he takes office the strong influence of many advisors may very well cause him to make decent decisions.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:56:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

Only if he picks Condi Rice as his running mate.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:13:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hell yeah!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:14:06 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

You're gay
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:29:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:14:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

You're gay

*yer
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Peepette
Posts: 1,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:33:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm with ResponsiblyIrresponsible for the same reasons, except for H. Clinton. She is as shifty as they get.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,502
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:45:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--

Right. Which is why he's a billionaire.

and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people

And what are the ramifications? Wealthy suburbs with shaggy lawns?

or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--

Yeah, that would be like a blanket ban on Nazis during WW II. I mean, what reason do we have to be suspicious of Islam?

I don't know how this could work, mind you, but in principle it's not that crazy. What's bizarre is this notion that we should let people into this country just to prove we're nice people. That's just stupid - try it with your house, see how that goes.

is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).


I think he said "news", not "views", right? Whatever - the guys has said a lot of smart stuff about foreign policy for a number of years, actually. He opposed Iraq, predicted quite accurately how it would go. You gotta get behind the bluster a little - this guys is no fool.

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Oh please, just shoot me. I will have to get rid of my TV, for real.

But to answer the question, do I support Trump? Maybe, I just might. These are extraordinary times, and America may not be salvageable with a massive dope slap. America is dying of terminal silliness right now, and Trump is a tall glass of in-your-face common sense.
This space for rent.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 10:04:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:45:56 PM, v3nesl wrote:
Right. Which is why he's a billionaire.

In no way, shape or form does inheriting a bunch of money from his dad, taking his casinos bankrupt, buying off politicians and building a bunch of stupid sh1t and selling his name result in good economic stewardship and good policy substance.

And what are the ramifications? Wealthy suburbs with shaggy lawns?

Let's see: billions of dollars of lost output, riots in the fcking streets from deporting whole fcking families since he doesn't believe in natural born citizenship, and even more pronounced slowdown in labor force growth which had *already* been perhaps one of the most considerable supply-side headwinds faced by the U.S. economy today, a loss of global standing from such stupid, barbaric household, and more.

You haven't though this through, have you?

Yeah, that would be like a blanket ban on Nazis during WW II. I mean, what reason do we have to be suspicious of Islam?

This is COMPLETELY wrong--in fact, embarrassingly so, and you should be absolutely ashamed for likening 1.2 billion people, only a small fraction of which subscribe to the radical sect of Islam associated with Isis, with Nazis who are DEFINED by radicalism unto itself. That is no way or form characteristic of Islam in the way that it was for Nazis.

Somehow, I'm remarkably unsurprised that you're defending Trump.

I don't know how this could work, mind you, but in principle it's not that crazy. What's bizarre is this notion that we should let people into this country just to prove we're nice people. That's just stupid - try it with your house, see how that goes.

Totally missing the point of allowing in Syrian refugees, but again I'm remarkably unsurprised that the nuance is lost on you.

is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).


I think he said "news", not "views", right?

He was asked by Chuck Todd which foreign-policy advisors he finds most credible. After he pointed to ignorant blowhards, like John Bolton, who are responsible for the disastrous Iraq War he supposedly opposed, he pointed to "the shows."

So, both in this case.

Whatever - the guys has said a lot of smart stuff about foreign policy for a number of years, actually. He opposed Iraq, predicted quite accurately how it would go. You gotta get behind the bluster a little - this guys is no fool.

He said that in 2004 after Iraq went to sh1t, so that wasn't exactly a difficult proclamation, and he loses he credibility when he backs John Bolton.

Other than that, I don't know what "a lot of smart stuff" is supposed to mean. I've heard him, to the contrary, say a lot of really dumb stuff like "let's build a giant wall" or that Mexico is "sending their worst," not to mention all the unbelievably stupid sh1t he's said about trade.

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Oh please, just shoot me. I will have to get rid of my TV, for real.

Lol.

It's really remarkable that you have such a problem with Clinton when Donald is the one turning this election into a non-substantive, dick-measuring reality show.

But to answer the question, do I support Trump? Maybe, I just might. These are extraordinary times, and America may not be salvageable with a massive dope slap. America is dying of terminal silliness right now, and Trump is a tall glass of in-your-face common sense.

Common sense? LMFAO.

Sarah Palin uses that term, too: it's Spanish for "I don't know the details, so let me bullsh1t about this in a way that dipsh1t ordinary 'Mericans might understand!"
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 10:05:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:14:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

You're gay

lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 10:09:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:14:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

You're gay

yer
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 11:31:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At first I liked him a lot because he symbolized a giant middle finger to our 2 party system. Then I started to realize he doesn't give his statements/ideas much thought.

If you asked him "Why?" to any policy he had, he would be stumped and play it off with an insult to your outfit. I don't support him because he lacks the critical thinking necessary to be a decent president.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:29:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

I like some of his policies, such as the temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but his chauvinism and outright disrespect of others is not something that draws me towards him.

I'll try my chances with Paul or Cruz.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:33:17 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 12:29:10 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

I like some of his policies, such as the temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but his chauvinism and outright disrespect of others is not something that draws me towards him.

I'll try my chances with Paul or Cruz.
I don't think his temporary ban is in anyway feasible. How is he going to know who is muslim? Give bacon to every person coming in and coming out? Trump isn't being realistic.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:34:40 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 12:33:17 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:29:10 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

I like some of his policies, such as the temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but his chauvinism and outright disrespect of others is not something that draws me towards him.

I'll try my chances with Paul or Cruz.
I don't think his temporary ban is in anyway feasible. How is he going to know who is muslim? Give bacon to every person coming in and coming out? Trump isn't being realistic.

Most nations that harbor a great amount of Muslims have official records of someone's religion, so you could check that. Or, you can just ban all immigration from nations that harbor a great amount of extremism, or are majority Muslim - so Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:39:02 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 12:34:40 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:33:17 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:29:10 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

I like some of his policies, such as the temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but his chauvinism and outright disrespect of others is not something that draws me towards him.

I'll try my chances with Paul or Cruz.
I don't think his temporary ban is in anyway feasible. How is he going to know who is muslim? Give bacon to every person coming in and coming out? Trump isn't being realistic.

Most nations that harbor a great amount of Muslims have official records of someone's religion, so you could check that. Or, you can just ban all immigration from nations that harbor a great amount of extremism, or are majority Muslim - so Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc.

Isn't that like some serious government overreach? It seems like a slippery slope to have a record on pretty much everybody who they don't like, so idk about that.

Islam is not such a religion. It's notorious for converting the whitest mothafuc*ers out there and turning them into some next level jihadist. Did you see that documentary about that Danish guy who went to join Al-Qaeda? He was white af.

Isn't that like against freedom of speech? As much as I'd love to keep radical muslims out of America, I think I should stick to principle.

I wouldn't ban all muslims either. Some are nice and law abiding citizens.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:47:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 12:39:02 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:34:40 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:33:17 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/16/2016 12:29:10 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

I like some of his policies, such as the temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but his chauvinism and outright disrespect of others is not something that draws me towards him.

I'll try my chances with Paul or Cruz.
I don't think his temporary ban is in anyway feasible. How is he going to know who is muslim? Give bacon to every person coming in and coming out? Trump isn't being realistic.

Most nations that harbor a great amount of Muslims have official records of someone's religion, so you could check that. Or, you can just ban all immigration from nations that harbor a great amount of extremism, or are majority Muslim - so Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc.

Isn't that like some serious government overreach? It seems like a slippery slope to have a record on pretty much everybody who they don't like, so idk about that.

No. The Constitution gives the government power to defend the American people. Non-Americans are not protected under our Constitution. If the gov were to keep records of Americans and their religions, then that would be overreach.


Islam is not such a religion. It's notorious for converting the whitest mothafuc*ers out there and turning them into some next level jihadist. Did you see that documentary about that Danish guy who went to join Al-Qaeda? He was white af.

Islam isn't even a religion in the first place. It's a medieval death cult, as I like to put it. Either way, the Danish guy was not a Middle Eastern citizen, and Denmark isn't known for a government that values it's own people over "tolerance".


Isn't that like against freedom of speech? As much as I'd love to keep radical muslims out of America, I think I should stick to principle.

To be an extremist? In the United States, that would be against their freedoms, but to harbor people who wish to kill other Americans is not something that is allowed.

Once again, they are not protected by the U.S. Constitution. Non-citizens or legal residents get no protection. Speech that is considered "terror-aligned" is not tolerated in the United States, as that erodes our national security as well as the well-being of the citizens.

If you outright state that you will join a terrorist group, that is illegal. If you state that you support this group, and you campaign for them, that is also illegal. If you state that you are fine with this group, but you would not join them, that is not illegal, as that is freedom of speech. There is a fine line between threatening to kill Americans and supporting these kinds of ideas.

I wouldn't ban all muslims either. Some are nice and law abiding citizens.

I never said to ban all Muslims. I would say to place a temporary ban on Muslim immigration, including immigration from majority Muslim nations.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:47:52 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

No. First off, he's totally incompetent to be a leader. American allies in Europe hate him, and he's insulted their leaders, and the list of leaders that he's commended include Putin and our good man Kim Jong-Un [who he called a strong leader because he murdered those who disagreed with him.] He specifically said that the problem with the nuclear triad was that America isn't more open to using it, so one of the promises he's running for is that he'll be more open to using weapons that could potentially destroy civilization.

He's also failed to address the bigger issue of the economy, and is instead focusing on Muslims and Mexicans. What will an entry ban for Muslims on the US do? Nothing at all. There are legitimate ways to curb domestic terrorism, but that's not one of them. Concerning the economy he said he would give tax breaks to the wealthy.

My biggest concern is that he hasn't said a single word on how any of this would be done. When asked how he would build a wall he literally responded with "I'm a builder, I build things." How can we trust someone who says he'll get Mexico to pay for a border wall, but can't explain how.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 3:27:04 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
No, because he appeals to emotion and not logic and wants to ban Muslims form entering America.
cocaine
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:57:23 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:36:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

The stuff he's proposing right now is downright idiotic at times, but I think that after he takes office the strong influence of many advisors may very well cause him to make decent decisions.

So you don't think he will actually do some of the things he claims to support?
cocaine
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?
cocaine
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:01:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:45:56 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--

Right. Which is why he's a billionaire.

and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people

And what are the ramifications? Wealthy suburbs with shaggy lawns?

or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--

Yeah, that would be like a blanket ban on Nazis during WW II. I mean, what reason do we have to be suspicious of Islam?

I don't know how this could work, mind you, but in principle it's not that crazy. What's bizarre is this notion that we should let people into this country just to prove we're nice people. That's just stupid - try it with your house, see how that goes.

is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).


I think he said "news", not "views", right? Whatever - the guys has said a lot of smart stuff about foreign policy for a number of years, actually. He opposed Iraq, predicted quite accurately how it would go. You gotta get behind the bluster a little - this guys is no fool.

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Oh please, just shoot me. I will have to get rid of my TV, for real.

But to answer the question, do I support Trump? Maybe, I just might. These are extraordinary times, and America may not be salvageable with a massive dope slap. America is dying of terminal silliness right now, and Trump is a tall glass of in-your-face common sense.

How does he have more common sense than the other candidates running? Which policies has he suggested in particular that will help America improve?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:01:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?

She's easily the most qualified candidate, but that's not the main reason, at least not for me. I see her as the status quo, and while that's not exactly optimal, I'm far more comfortable with it than the immense problems posed by her competition (even from Bernie).
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
cocaine
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:05:00 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:01:50 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?

She's easily the most qualified candidate, but that's not the main reason, at least not for me. I see her as the status quo, and while that's not exactly optimal, I'm far more comfortable with it than the immense problems posed by her competition (even from Bernie).

I agree - she is the status quo. I personally prefer Bernie. However, she will most likely get the nomination and I'd easily vote for Hillary over any republican.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:05:56 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:05:00 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:01:50 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?

She's easily the most qualified candidate, but that's not the main reason, at least not for me. I see her as the status quo, and while that's not exactly optimal, I'm far more comfortable with it than the immense problems posed by her competition (even from Bernie).

I agree - she is the status quo. I personally prefer Bernie. However, she will most likely get the nomination and I'd easily vote for Hillary over any republican.

I'd love to jump on the Bernie train, but there's a lot of areas -- trade, finance, etc. -- that are so incredibly important where he just doesn't have a clue.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
cocaine
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:16:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:05:56 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:05:00 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:01:50 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?

She's easily the most qualified candidate, but that's not the main reason, at least not for me. I see her as the status quo, and while that's not exactly optimal, I'm far more comfortable with it than the immense problems posed by her competition (even from Bernie).

I agree - she is the status quo. I personally prefer Bernie. However, she will most likely get the nomination and I'd easily vote for Hillary over any republican.

I'd love to jump on the Bernie train, but there's a lot of areas -- trade, finance, etc. -- that are so incredibly important where he just doesn't have a clue.

How so?
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:20:38 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 4:57:23 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:36:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

I want to know. I'll try respond to every post.

The stuff he's proposing right now is downright idiotic at times, but I think that after he takes office the strong influence of many advisors may very well cause him to make decent decisions.

So you don't think he will actually do some of the things he claims to support?

I think that the very nature of the office will force his political views to mature very quickly.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 5:22:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 5:16:39 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:05:56 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:05:00 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/16/2016 5:01:50 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:58:50 AM, cocaine wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:03 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:23:12 PM, cocaine wrote:
Why or why not?

No, I don't.

He's an ignorant, incompetent, bigoted blowhard who isn't in any way, shape or form qualified to be president. His stunning lack of economic understanding--and the ramifications of, say, deporting 11 million people or passing a blanket ban on "Muslims" (because he's such a deliberative person, right?)--is only eclipsed by the fact that he gets his foreign policy views "from the shows" (his own words).

So, no, I'll try my luck with Hillary Clinton.

Why Hillary?

She's easily the most qualified candidate, but that's not the main reason, at least not for me. I see her as the status quo, and while that's not exactly optimal, I'm far more comfortable with it than the immense problems posed by her competition (even from Bernie).

I agree - she is the status quo. I personally prefer Bernie. However, she will most likely get the nomination and I'd easily vote for Hillary over any republican.

I'd love to jump on the Bernie train, but there's a lot of areas -- trade, finance, etc. -- that are so incredibly important where he just doesn't have a clue.

How so?

I've written a few lengthy posts on this, and I'm feeling particularly lazy at the moment, lol.

But, basically, there are about three protectionists left, and for good reason, because their ideology is horrendously counter-factual and destructive and belongs in the dustbin of history. On finance, his heart is in the right place, but his attacks on the Fed are specious, almost all of his suggestions--including his call for resurrecting Glassed-Steagall, which he wrongly views as a panacea--are misguided, and he doesn't even understand that a lot of what he's calling for his already handled, but more effectively, in Dodd-Frank.

When I listen to Bernie, I get a "and no one went to jail!" vibe. It sounds great on paper and to uninformed people, but in reality it's incredibly short-sighted and devoid of context.

Wanting to eliminate the interest rate the Fed pays on reserves, for instance... is disastrous. If you want to keep rates pinned at zero forever, lest we soak up $3 trillion in reserves, go right ahead! (Actually, Bernie wants a negative IOR, so I guess we're going to peg the funds rate in negative territory). The idea that Wall Street banks made out lucratively from the financial crisis because of TARP--which, btw, generated considerable profits for the federal government--misses the fact that their net interest margins *tanked* when the Fed deliberately flattened the yield curve, which is why QE wasn't "bank welfare."
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah