Jump to topic:

Feminism Strikes Again!

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:09:22 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
"Disagreeing with Feminists to be made Illegal" is the headline of this new story. Granted that it's actually quite old, I learned about it just recently while watching a video by Paul Joseph Watson.

This story in Canada made me hate feminists even more, and is further driving me towards a fascist-style way of exterminating this filthy and useless parasitical movement off the face of the 1st world.

http://www.infowars.com...

Here is the link to the story so that you all can check it out for yourself. This is just mind-boggling how stupid this story is.

Good job Canada, you brain-dead useless idiots. Who cares about freedom of speech, right?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:21:57 PM
This story in Canada made me hate feminists even more, and is further driving me towards a fascist-style way of exterminating this filthy and useless parasitical movement off the face of the 1st world

Less than a paragraph later.

Good job Canada, you brain-dead useless idiots. Who cares about freedom of speech, right?

So let me get this straight, you wag your finger on Canada about free speech, yet openly advocate for a "fascist-style" suppression of an opposing ideology? Hypocrisy at it'sometime finest.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:23:00 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:21:57 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Hypocrisy at it'sometime finest.

Hypocrisy at *it's* finest.

Damn autocorrect.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:24:52 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:09:22 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
This story in Canada made me hate feminists even more, and is further driving me towards a fascist-style way of exterminating this filthy and useless parasitical movement off the face of the 1st world.

I believe that such hatred is not beneficial for one's emotional health.

Even though I do agree that radical feminism is largely unnecessary and can even be harmful in today's society (this particular case is an example of the resulting injustices), I know for a fact that focusing on it in this manner isn't good a thing.

I don't want to seem like I'm lecturing you or anything, but your comment did raise my concern. Just a friendly reminder.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:26:14 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:21:57 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
This story in Canada made me hate feminists even more, and is further driving me towards a fascist-style way of exterminating this filthy and useless parasitical movement off the face of the 1st world

Less than a paragraph later.

So let me get this straight, you wag your finger on Canada about free speech, yet openly advocate for a "fascist-style" suppression of an opposing ideology? Hypocrisy at it'sometime finest.

I said "driving". Never said I advocated for it, but it may get to a point in which this nonsense becomes too parasitic and will need to be cleared out by force.

Also, I do not think you understand what freedom of speech means. You do not have the right to openly take away the rights of others. Since everyone has equal protections the law, and a feminist tries to change that law to suit their needs, than that will take away freedoms from others.

Basically, my freedom of speech will not be diluted by someone who favors less of it. If it becomes so, I will rise up in arms.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:28:28 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:24:52 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I was partly joking. I do have immense hatred, but I stable, emotionally and mentally.

However, I have immense hatred for people who suppress the rights of others for their own "feelings".

Even though I do agree that radical feminism is largely unnecessary and can even be harmful in today's society (this particular case is an example of the resulting injustices), I know for a fact that focusing on it in this manner isn't good a thing.

I just binge watched videos of feminists. Think of it this way. There's a meter, from 0 to 100. Each video I watch adds an average of 5-7 points to this meter. When it reaches 50+, I get overly angry, because my brain cannot deal with this level of nonsense.

I don't want to seem like I'm lecturing you or anything, but your comment did raise my concern. Just a friendly reminder.

It's all fine. Thank you for the concern though.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:30:12 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:28:28 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/18/2016 8:24:52 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I was partly joking. I do have immense hatred, but I stable, emotionally and mentally.

I am*. Jeez, what's up with my spelling today.

However, I have immense hatred for people who suppress the rights of others for their own "feelings".

I just binge watched videos of feminists. Think of it this way. There's a meter, from 0 to 100. Each video I watch adds an average of 5-7 points to this meter. When it reaches 50+, I get overly angry, because my brain cannot deal with this level of nonsense.

It's all fine. Thank you for the concern though.

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:33:20 PM

Yeah I gotcha. I used to like watching Sargon of Akkad's channel myself. Pretty funny guy.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:34:11 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:33:20 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Yeah I gotcha. I used to like watching Sargon of Akkad's channel myself. Pretty funny guy.

I like Paul Joseph Watson, Sargon of Akkad, Rebel Media, etc. Basically all the anti-feminist Libertarian oriented groups.

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:36:08 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:34:11 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I like Paul Joseph Watson, Sargon of Akkad, Rebel Media, etc. Basically all the anti-feminist Libertarian oriented groups.

Undoomed has one of the best voice's ever if you haven't heard of him, although I'm guessing you have.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:38:07 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:36:08 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/18/2016 8:34:11 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Undoomed has one of the best voice's ever if you haven't heard of him, although I'm guessing you have.

Definitely, although he doesn't have too many videos to watch.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:28:34 AM
"Disagreeing with Feminists to be made Illegal" is the headline of this new story. Granted that it's actually quite old, I learned about it just recently while watching a video by Paul Joseph Watson.

Here is the link to the story so that you all can check it out for yourself. This is just mind-boggling how stupid this story is.

Ok... so here's the thing:

Alex Jones and InfoWars is garbage. Like, totally garbage. He's a conspiracy theory lunatic, and InfoWars is the nuthouse he occupies on the web.

HOWEVER....

Postmodernism, in general, and postmodern feminism, in particular, is defined as much by anti-rationalism as it is authoritarianism, in the sense that that modality of thought seeks to either silence dissent from it (i.e. shut people who disagree up) or, if opposition cannot be silenced, discredit it with ad hom attacks (i.e. "this should be disregarded because it's racist, sexist, bigoted, etc.").

And *THAT* kind of thing is a real problem... but Alex Jones is a pretty piss-poor messenger to deliver it.

I could--and probably should--go on about that at some point. Maybe I will. Social Science and psychology are both plagued by similar problems.
Tsar of DDO
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:37:05 AM

I actually used to know this guy. It's not just Canada, but the whole western world which is going insane. Everyone is offended at the smallest provocation and the judicial system picks its favourites - feminists, LGBT, Muslims. When a person in crazy Canuck Land applies for a student loan it asks if you want special consideration if you are French speaking, disabled, Native, visible minority or handicapped. In other words, able bodied, white men and women are not favoured. You Yanks should talk though - succumbing to a police state which will soon strangle you.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:39:43 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:28:34 AM, YYW wrote:

Alex Jones and InfoWars is garbage. Like, totally garbage. He's a conspiracy theory lunatic, and InfoWars is the nuthouse he occupies on the web.

HOWEVER....

Postmodernism, in general, and postmodern feminism, in particular, is defined as much by anti-rationalism as it is authoritarianism, in the sense that that modality of thought seeks to either silence dissent from it (i.e. shut people who disagree up) or, if opposition cannot be silenced, discredit it with ad hom attacks (i.e. "this should be disregarded because it's racist, sexist, bigoted, etc.").

And *THAT* kind of thing is a real problem... but Alex Jones is a pretty piss-poor messenger to deliver it.

I could--and probably should--go on about that at some point. Maybe I will. Social Science and psychology are both plagued by similar problems.

Infowars is a pretty good source. May not be the most credible, but I find their articles to be interesting. I only follow them for the feminism posts though, I don't listen to any non academic sources for anything economic.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's not credible.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:41:07 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:37:05 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

I actually used to know this guy. It's not just Canada, but the whole western world which is going insane. Everyone is offended at the smallest provocation and the judicial system picks its favourites - feminists, LGBT, Muslims. When a person in crazy Canuck Land applies for a student loan it asks if you want special consideration if you are French speaking, disabled, Native, visible minority or handicapped. In other words, able bodied, white men and women are not favoured. You Yanks should talk though - succumbing to a police state which will soon strangle you.

+1000

This movement was just started as a shaming tactic, and it sprawled out because of it. Millions of sad women calling others misogynists, to the point that these non-feminists began to fear being excluded from social activities because of their "opinions". It's really just blind obedience.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:42:49 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:39:43 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

HOWEVER....

Infowars is a pretty good source. May not be the most credible, but I find their articles to be interesting. I only follow them for the feminism posts though, I don't listen to any non academic sources for anything economic.

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist. Like, that is an objectively verifiable fact. It's not about my subjective agreement or disagreement. It's about facts.
Tsar of DDO
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:43:48 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:42:49 AM, YYW wrote:

HOWEVER....

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist. Like, that is an objectively verifiable fact. It's not about my subjective agreement or disagreement. It's about facts.

I never even mentioned Alex Jones though, and his * credibility * is irrelevant in this specific topic.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:48:00 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:42:49 AM, YYW wrote:

HOWEVER....

And being a conspiracy theorist isn't a way of discrediting someone unless you prove that conspiracy to be false. Even on that, someone's credibility in one subject may not match their credibility in another.