Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Union Members... Call Me Liberal

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 8:30:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Well I knew this was going to happen eventually.

For all I've debated with academic liberals about the properness behind property rights, I've always known that unions don't care about that. Unions are composed of social conservatives who believe in might makes right power politics while relishing in anti-intellectualism. They believe in rugged individualism and folk community common sense while telling anyone who has an ounce of abstract thought in their brains that they're utopians as well as any other number of expletives...

...and today, I heard it straight up. Union members called me liberal.

I don't mean this in the European fiscal sense of the word where liberalism is associated with free markets to deregulate the economy in the name of liberty.

The worst part about this is the union members I talked with have the same attitude towards childrearing and bullying in schools as those jerks you grow up with who deliberately suck up to teachers to play favorites towards them so they don't get in trouble despite deserving to do so.

Heck, I knew some of them growing up as well, and they literally were these types. They also had families, and said they deliberately didn't care if their kids behaved that way.

By the same token, many of these people didn't care much for Muslims and believed we should bomb the Middle East back to the stone age, especially from how Muslims treat their women. It wasn't to liberate women, but because they believed Muslims were pathetic losers who had to hyperregulate lifestyles in order to keep things under control.

I guess what boggles me most is how liberals can honestly support these people. The only remaining incentive that makes sense is what I call the dark compromise of horseshoe politics. Those who support unions know what's really going on in that the liberal-conservative dichotomy is a facade.