Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is liberalism a mental illness?

bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:12:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/21/2016 10:10:56 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Yes

+1
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 10:13:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/21/2016 10:10:56 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Yes

By classic definition? No.

By modern day representations and manifestations?

YES!

Absolutely!
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 3:22:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/21/2016 10:10:56 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Yes

You got to work on your posts. This is idiotic.
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 4:26:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 3:58:36 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I love how we are seeing these liberals at their very best.

You mean like not starting a thread with nothing other than bare assertion? Yea, we require a little more substance.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 4:31:14 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Given the lack of it in your posts, we know that is a lie. Or is it hypocrisy? Liberals love hypocrisy.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 4:48:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.

So you see an aardvark and call it an anteater so that makes it an anteater? No, thats not how it works.
And that is confusing the claim with the warrant. I claim my blog is called left not liberal, because I am a leftist, not a liberal. Not the other way around.
Did you not go to the link?
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:09:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 4:48:26 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.

So you see an aardvark and call it an anteater so that makes it an anteater? No, thats not how it works.
And that is confusing the claim with the warrant. I claim my blog is called left not liberal, because I am a leftist, not a liberal. Not the other way around.
Did you not go to the link?

Terrible analogy and actually it works against your point. You are trying to say you are an anteater when in fact you are an aardvark.

Nope you made the claim "I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist" and then the evidence was "My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." Base on that the warrant was you are a leftist because you wrote a blog.

Glossed it over quickly at work. Didn't really catch anything first time. I will check it again on my flight. I am interested to understand the distinctions you draw.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:15:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 5:09:24 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:48:26 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.

So you see an aardvark and call it an anteater so that makes it an anteater? No, thats not how it works.
And that is confusing the claim with the warrant. I claim my blog is called left not liberal, because I am a leftist, not a liberal. Not the other way around.
Did you not go to the link?

Terrible analogy and actually it works against your point. You are trying to say you are an anteater when in fact you are an aardvark.

Nope you made the claim "I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist" and then the evidence was "My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." Base on that the warrant was you are a leftist because you wrote a blog.

Glossed it over quickly at work. Didn't really catch anything first time. I will check it again on my flight. I am interested to understand the distinctions you draw.

No, I am saying you are calling me an anteater, when I am an aardvark
I may have phrased my sentence poorly, but that does not change the fact: I am not a liberal.
I reject liberalism, as liberals believe in simply minor changes to the status quo, not systemic change. My signature should explain this.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:43:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 4:31:14 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Given the lack of it in your posts, we know that is a lie. Or is it hypocrisy? Liberals love hypocrisy.

What or who are you even talking about? Make a point or just babel a bit more. You are not getting anywhere this far.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 5:46:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
This dude still cannot tell me why liberalism is not a mental illness. He thinks his declaring it so, makes it so, showing he is delusional and narcissistic, which is to say mentally ill.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:07:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 5:46:10 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
This dude still cannot tell me why liberalism is not a mental illness. He thinks his declaring it so, makes it so, showing he is delusional and narcissistic, which is to say mentally ill.

You're doing the exact same thing: a declaration that liberalism is a mental disorder (presumably because you disagree with its ideology), and without proof of any kind. Are you a psychiatrist? I'd imagine you're not, so why do you feel the need to comment on mental illness at all?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:20:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 5:46:10 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
This dude still cannot tell me why liberalism is not a mental illness. He thinks his declaring it so, makes it so, showing he is delusional and narcissistic, which is to say mentally ill.

Where have you shown your premises to be true? That is like me saying "conservatives are d1ckheads", now prove me wrong.

You are on the wrong site.
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:24:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 5:15:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 5:09:24 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:48:26 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.

So you see an aardvark and call it an anteater so that makes it an anteater? No, thats not how it works.
And that is confusing the claim with the warrant. I claim my blog is called left not liberal, because I am a leftist, not a liberal. Not the other way around.
Did you not go to the link?

Terrible analogy and actually it works against your point. You are trying to say you are an anteater when in fact you are an aardvark.

Nope you made the claim "I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist" and then the evidence was "My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." Base on that the warrant was you are a leftist because you wrote a blog.

Glossed it over quickly at work. Didn't really catch anything first time. I will check it again on my flight. I am interested to understand the distinctions you draw.

No, I am saying you are calling me an anteater, when I am an aardvark
I may have phrased my sentence poorly, but that does not change the fact: I am not a liberal.
I reject liberalism, as liberals believe in simply minor changes to the status quo, not systemic change. My signature should explain this.

Call it like I see it. You are anteater with black stripes instead of White stripes

So you are a fascist?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:24:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:12:42 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I reject your liberal assumption that one must be credentialed to know truth.

1) That's the assertion, not an assumption.
2) I would reject your proof, but thus far, you have contributed nothing to your assertion: "Yes, Liberalism is a mental illness".
3) You did nothing to refute the assertion that you are doing the exact same thing of asserting with no evidence, and operating under the guise of that assertion being fact.
4) At this point in the conversation, such an assertion mentioned in 3) is fast becoming factual due to your lack of posting anything of substance to your OP.

Now with 1-4 in mind, do you have something to add, or are you content to drop yet another tangent in the face of your inadequacies?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:35:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I cannot believe anyone is taking this OP this seriously. While its content it true based on how seriously these liberals are taking it, making my point, I am just in disbelief that I was able to get them to bite.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:40:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:24:21 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 5:15:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 5:09:24 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:48:26 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 4:15:36 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 3:22:23 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 1/22/2016 1:03:58 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/22/2016 2:59:34 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
No, no ideology is a mental illness.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, that doesn't mean it is a mental illness.
While certain political theorists and philosophers may have been mentally ill (Nietzsche looking at you), those who embrace those ideologies are not necessarily mentally ill and the ideologies themselves are not mental illnesses.
It also needs to be pointed out that this concept of dissenting ideologies as diseases was a major belief of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and a justification for some of their actions.

And so we are clear, I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist. My blog is called Left, Not Liberal.
And if you don't know the differences this should explain it
http://prorev.com...

-1

Any reason for this?

"My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." therefore "I am not a liberal, I am a leftist"
Sooooo, yeah.

Honestly, don't care what you call yourself. I just call it like I see it, you don't have to agree with it.

So you see an aardvark and call it an anteater so that makes it an anteater? No, thats not how it works.
And that is confusing the claim with the warrant. I claim my blog is called left not liberal, because I am a leftist, not a liberal. Not the other way around.
Did you not go to the link?

Terrible analogy and actually it works against your point. You are trying to say you are an anteater when in fact you are an aardvark.

Nope you made the claim "I am not a Liberal, I am a leftist" and then the evidence was "My blog is called Left, Not Liberal." Base on that the warrant was you are a leftist because you wrote a blog.

Glossed it over quickly at work. Didn't really catch anything first time. I will check it again on my flight. I am interested to understand the distinctions you draw.

No, I am saying you are calling me an anteater, when I am an aardvark
I may have phrased my sentence poorly, but that does not change the fact: I am not a liberal.
I reject liberalism, as liberals believe in simply minor changes to the status quo, not systemic change. My signature should explain this.

Call it like I see it. You are anteater with black stripes instead of White stripes

So you are a fascist?

Are you're knees hurting? Because that was a massive leap you just took!
We go from me being a leftist to me being a Fascist! I don't even know how one takes that leap unless they a) don't know anything about political science, or b) are very confused

And I don't see an anteater at all, because I am an aardvark! Not sure why I chose aardvark when they are kind of ugly.
But have you ever heard the saying "it takes one to know one?"
I don't define what you are, so don't tell me what I am.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:41:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:24:28 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 1/22/2016 6:12:42 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I reject your liberal assumption that one must be credentialed to know truth.

1) That's the assertion, not an assumption.
2) I would reject your proof, but thus far, you have contributed nothing to your assertion: "Yes, Liberalism is a mental illness".
3) You did nothing to refute the assertion that you are doing the exact same thing of asserting with no evidence, and operating under the guise of that assertion being fact.
4) At this point in the conversation, such an assertion mentioned in 3) is fast becoming factual due to your lack of posting anything of substance to your OP.


Now with 1-4 in mind, do you have something to add, or are you content to drop yet another tangent in the face of your inadequacies?

+1
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:41:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:35:51 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I cannot believe anyone is taking this OP this seriously. While its content it true based on how seriously these liberals are taking it, making my point, I am just in disbelief that I was able to get them to bite.

So dropping yet another tangent it is.

Congrats on your gumption to admit trolling, though. Gold star for you.... just let me find my stapler.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:46:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:41:35 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 1/22/2016 6:35:51 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I cannot believe anyone is taking this OP this seriously. While its content it true based on how seriously these liberals are taking it, making my point, I am just in disbelief that I was able to get them to bite.

So dropping yet another tangent it is.

Congrats on your gumption to admit trolling, though. Gold star for you.... just let me find my stapler.

+1
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 6:47:48 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 6:20:17 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/22/2016 5:46:10 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
This dude still cannot tell me why liberalism is not a mental illness. He thinks his declaring it so, makes it so, showing he is delusional and narcissistic, which is to say mentally ill.

Where have you shown your premises to be true? That is like me saying "conservatives are d1ckheads", now prove me wrong.

You are on the wrong site.

+1