Sanders moves past Clinton in Iowa

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:06:52 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
http://time.com...

Just when it seemed like Clinton had to win Iowa after a landline poll fron CNN put her down 27 points, the latest Iowa poll shows her down 8.

What would be the outlook if Sanders managed to not only win New Hampshire, but also Iowa?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:08:08 AM
*down 27 points in New Hampshire

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:14:02 AM
Sanders does well with white liberals, and Iowa and New Hampshire are some of the whitest states in the country. Blacks and Hispanics favor Hillary by wide margins. Unless this changes, Sanders has next to no chance of winning the nomination.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:25:42 AM
At 1/22/2016 1:14:02 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Sanders does well with white liberals, and Iowa and New Hampshire are some of the whitest states in the country. Blacks and Hispanics favor Hillary by wide margins. Unless this changes, Sanders has next to no chance of winning the nomination.

That's because she has the name recognition and they don't know much about Bernie. He won the SC focus group 27 to 2.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:28:27 AM
At 1/22/2016 1:25:42 AM, stealspell wrote:

That's because she has the name recognition and they don't know much about Bernie. He won the SC focus group 27 to 2.

Yeah, something along those lines.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 1:45:36 AM

I agree entirely. The question is if Sanders can get his name out there. Most voters don't give much time until about now.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 2:01:31 AM

Even among minorities, her lead has dropped considerably - not nearly enough, but I don't think it's as strong (as in whether it would cut it for a win if it stays, with a lot of emphasis on "if"...) as most people would be led to believe.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 2:52:16 AM
At 1/22/2016 1:45:36 AM, TBR wrote:

I agree entirely. The question is if Sanders can get his name out there. Most voters don't give much time until about now.

He will. A national poll yesterday has him nine points behind Clinton, the lowest margin to date. The way it looks now, chances are he'll overtake her nationally before the Iowa caucus.