Jump to topic:

CPR and CCW

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 5:12:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm gonna let you liberals (or whatever you call yourselves) to try and explain why the logic behind CPR can't be used for CCW. This ought to be interesting.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 1:12:25 AM
No response?

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 1:44:48 AM
At 1/24/2016 1:12:25 AM, Maccabee wrote:
No response?

Maybe the magic is fading. Oh, well... we still have your umpteen other threads on the subject!
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 5:56:21 PM
At 1/23/2016 5:12:55 AM, Maccabee wrote:
I'm gonna let you liberals (or whatever you call yourselves) to try and explain why the logic behind CPR can't be used for CCW. This ought to be interesting.

Sorry, but what is CPR?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 6:43:10 PM

Well, how about this.
"Father and son die in shootout at Pearl River County gun shop"

Yea, that seems to contrast CPR (life saving) with gun culture.

http://www.sunherald.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 6:46:38 PM

Or... How about this. CPR is what you need to know AFTER a moronic gun guy shoots someone. How does that work to contrast the two?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 8:27:00 PM
At 1/24/2016 6:46:38 PM, TBR wrote:

Or... How about this. CPR is what you need to know AFTER a moronic gun guy shoots someone. How does that work to contrast the two?

Oh, you are talking about that CPR. I was confused what CPR had to do with CCW, so I thought that it was some term used by gun enthusiasts.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 8:35:49 PM
At 1/24/2016 8:27:00 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Oh, you are talking about that CPR. I was confused what CPR had to do with CCW, so I thought that it was some term used by gun enthusiasts.

Completely understood. Feaven for give you if you don't know some ridiculous term used only by gun enthusiasts. Then you are some who 'knows nothing about anything'

No, in this case he is attempting to juxtapose the thing that causes harm with the skill that deals the damage done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 8:38:54 PM
At 1/24/2016 1:44:48 AM, Fly wrote:
No response?

Maybe the magic is fading. Oh, well... we still have your umpteen other threads on the subject!

Notice that 90+% of the posts are on guns and not on Jesus. Guess the photo revelies the priority. Gun over the bible. That seems like the right way to read his profile pic
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:12:51 AM
At 1/24/2016 8:38:54 PM, TBR wrote:
No response?

Notice that 90+% of the posts are on guns and not on Jesus. Guess the photo revelies the priority. Gun over the bible. That seems like the right way to read his profile pic
I get in a LOT of evolution threads so I'm balanced.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:21:43 AM
At 1/24/2016 6:43:10 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, how about this.

And I can give you stories where CPR killed someone as well. We are discussing the logic behind both CPR and CCW. The logic behind CPR is if someone is about to die and medical help is minutes away then you take it upon yourself to save the person dying. The logic behind CCW is if someone wants to maim and/or kill you and the police are minutes away then you take it upon yourself to defend you and yours.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:23:00 AM

And just how many "moronic" gun owners do you figure are out there and what defines one?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:31:35 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:21:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Well, how about this.

And I can give you stories where CPR killed someone as well. We are discussing the logic behind both CPR and CCW. The logic behind CPR is if someone is about to die and medical help is minutes away then you take it upon yourself to save the person dying. The logic behind CCW is if someone wants to maim and/or kill you and the police are minutes away then you take it upon yourself to defend you and yours.

No doubt that CPR can kill. The intent of the CPR training is not to kill, the intent of the gun is to kill.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:32:28 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:12:51 AM, Maccabee wrote:
No response?

Trying to cling to YEC is not something that improves the credentials of a Christian. That is just being a fool.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:34:18 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:23:00 AM, Maccabee wrote:

And just how many "moronic" gun owners do you figure are out there and what defines one?

Let me see... How many morians with guns? Honestly. I would put the number in the standard bell curve. In the fat middle are majority. The trailing ends are bad and great. So...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:42:32 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:31:35 AM, TBR wrote:

Well, how about this.

No doubt that CPR can kill. The intent of the CPR training is not to kill, the intent of the gun is to kill.

The intent of carrying a gun is to save innocent lives. So strictly by logic, why CPR is something everyone should know but CCW is best left to the police? The point is in both cases you don't have time to wait for the authorities.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:44:02 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:32:28 AM, TBR wrote:
At 1/25/2016 2:12:51 AM, Maccabee wrote:
No response?

Trying to cling to YEC is not something that improves the credentials of a Christian. That is just being a fool.

Think what you will about YEC, I'm just saying I'm balanced in both.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:45:13 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:34:18 AM, TBR wrote:

Let me see... How many morians with guns? Honestly. I would put the number in the standard bell curve. In the fat middle are majority. The trailing ends are bad and great. So...

Citation needed. Also what defines a "moron with a gun"?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:47:42 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:45:13 AM, Maccabee wrote:

You want a citation for a bell curve? Well OK. I guess.
http://lawschooli.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:50:24 AM

Better bell curve
http://robert-craven.com...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:10:50 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:50:24 AM, TBR wrote:

Better bell curve
I'm asking for the citation that "morons with guns" make up the majority of the bell. You should've known that.

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:34:58 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:42:32 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 1/25/2016 2:31:35 AM, TBR wrote:

Well, how about this.

The intent of carrying a gun is to save innocent lives. So strictly by logic, why CPR is something everyone should know but CCW is best left to the police? The point is in both cases you don't have time to wait for the authorities.

The intent could be for anything. I could be carrying a gun with the intention of shooting somebody I don't like, or I could be carrying it for the heck of it. The point is what the gun was created for. It's purpose is to harm people, which could result in protecting yourself or somebody else. You have it the other way around.

If you have a license, then by all means do what you need to do as long as it's legal. The problem that occurs with CCW, is it makes the life of law enforcement a lot harder, because they need to clarify if you were acting in self-defense or not. I do agree the benefits of CCW outweigh this however, I'm pro gun rights after all.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:21:47 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:10:50 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Better bell curve
I'm asking for the citation that "morons with guns" make up the majority of the bell. You should've known that.

Well.. Where on earth do you pull that from? Your a$$? Please show me where. PLEASE!!!!!
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:36:37 AM
At 1/25/2016 4:21:47 AM, TBR wrote:

Better bell curve

Well.. Where on earth do you pull that from? Your a$$? Please show me where. PLEASE!!!!!
Wait, we're you saying the "morons with guns" were in the tail end? If so I apologize for thinking you were saying the morons make up the majority.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:38:26 AM
At 1/25/2016 4:36:37 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:21:47 AM, TBR wrote:

Better bell curve

Wait, we're you saying the "morons with guns" were in the tail end? If so I apologize for thinking you were saying the morons make up the majority.

OK. Fair.