Jump to topic:

God given rights ?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:13:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I am doubtful about the whole we have God given rights. Don't get me wrong depending on what those rights are said to be they are a nice idea and alot of people would want it to be true.

But alas as in all God things, it's just so easy for our fellow human beings to go around making claims about God with nothing to justify the belief other than the assertion (and maybe wanting it to be true).

So do you believe we have any God given rights ?

If so, what are these God given rights ?

And more importantly, does this right include the right to bear arms, and more specifically the right to own a drone that I can remote control and fire hell fire missiles.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:14:54 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:13:53 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I am doubtful about the whole we have God given rights. Don't get me wrong depending on what those rights are said to be they are a nice idea and alot of people would want it to be true.

But alas as in all God things, it's just so easy for our fellow human beings to go around making claims about God with nothing to justify the belief other than the assertion (and maybe wanting it to be true).

And more importantly, does this right include the right to bear arms, and more specifically the right to own a drone that I can remote control and fire hell fire missiles.

Who would question that?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:18:04 AM

Yes.

Basically the rights outlined in the bill of rights. They line up pretty closly to what the Bible says.

As long you don't hurt anyone, I can argue for a privately owned predator drone with hellfire missles. Not something I want though.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:27:35 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:18:04 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Yes.

Basically the rights outlined in the bill of rights. They line up pretty closly to what the Bible says.

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

And God said, "Now I really fvcking want you to emphasize the part with guns, because America - and I'm out of gin so I need some damn entertainment."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:32:34 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:27:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Yes.

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

And God said, "Now I really want you to emphasize the part with guns, because America - and I'm out of gin so I need some entertainment."

But God DID give an outline for self defense.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:36:18 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:32:34 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Yes.

And God said, "Now I really want you to emphasize the part with guns, because America - and I'm out of gin so I need some entertainment."

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other al---

And God interrupted Jesus, saying, "No, no, no. Opposite, Jesus - opposite. I want to see some motherfvcking fireworks."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:42:40 AM

Neither "God" not the people's belief (or disbelief) in "God" has anything to do with rights or where rights come from as far as I am concerned.

In my view, my rights and indeed all of our rights stem from the right that we all have inherently to defend ourselves and to defend those close to us.

http://www.politicalforum.com...
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:48:04 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:42:40 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:

Neither "God" nor the people's belief (or disbelief) in "God" has anything to do with rights or where rights come from as far as I am concerned.

In my view, my rights and indeed all of our rights stem from the right that we all have inherently to defend ourselves and to defend those close to us.

http://www.politicalforum.com...

TYPO fixed
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:43:17 AM
At 1/25/2016 3:36:18 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:32:34 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Yes.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other al---

And God interrupted Jesus, saying, "No, no, no. Opposite, Jesus - opposite. I want to see some fireworks."

That passage was refering to the Sadducees (they were sad you see) and the Pharisees (they thought they were fair you see) twisting the passage for the justice system into a right of revenge. It's the justice system's job to judge whether someone should lose their life, not the individual. To save you typing I've studied the passages suggesting that you can't defend yourself and each and every one of them are NOT talking about self defense.