Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

What can b done2 bring diversity 2 theOscars?

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:46:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
My guess is when they see that there is not 1 Black person nominated, they should replace the 5th nominee for best picture with a movie that seems Black.
The question of whether a movie is good is an entirely subjective. The best picture is the one that lots of people liked. There is no way to measure if one picture is better than another one.
There are 2 movies that won best picture that obviously should not be have even been nominated.
The Godfather II, this was just something that was assembled from the parts of The Godfather that the editor put in the garbage. The story was about Vito Corleone's family from the murder of his father to the murder of his son. When they made The Godfather, the good parts were about the latter part of Vito's life, and that was all they needed. What was in The Godfather II was just the crap they might have put in the blooper reel if it was funny.
An American in Paris, this was just an hour of **** to which they added a 20 minute sequence that was a video of George Gershwin's master piece. this was something that was really inovative, but it would be a better movie if they left out the 1st hour.
You may disagree with my opinions, but these are the truth about what I felt when I watched these movies.
So if you see a movie about Black people you don't like, and you think it got nominated because it was the token Black nominee, So what?
Maybe if you knew more about the cinema you would have seen that it was good enough.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:22:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:46:27 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
My guess is when they see that there is not 1 Black person nominated, they should replace the 5th nominee for best picture with a movie that seems Black.
The question of whether a movie is good is an entirely subjective. The best picture is the one that lots of people liked. There is no way to measure if one picture is better than another one.
There are 2 movies that won best picture that obviously should not be have even been nominated.
The Godfather II, this was just something that was assembled from the parts of The Godfather that the editor put in the garbage. The story was about Vito Corleone's family from the murder of his father to the murder of his son. When they made The Godfather, the good parts were about the latter part of Vito's life, and that was all they needed. What was in The Godfather II was just the crap they might have put in the blooper reel if it was funny.
An American in Paris, this was just an hour of **** to which they added a 20 minute sequence that was a video of George Gershwin's master piece. this was something that was really inovative, but it would be a better movie if they left out the 1st hour.
You may disagree with my opinions, but these are the truth about what I felt when I watched these movies.
So if you see a movie about Black people you don't like, and you think it got nominated because it was the token Black nominee, So what?
Maybe if you knew more about the cinema you would have seen that it was good enough.

It obviously doesn't matter what movie or actor was of high-quality. That's not what should determine the Oscars in the 21st century.
No; the Oscars should be decided like this: they pick from a pool of black, female, Hispanic, gay, transgender, and Asian actors and pick the 5 candidates from this list based on who spoke up for pet Liberal causes and bashed the GOP the most. Movies should be picked based on what percentage of the main cast consisted of minorities and how much AGW, "whites are bad minorities are heroes" or income inequality storytelling was packed into them. I nominate Dora the Explorer for its Latino female lead. Star Wars Episode IV sucked because the cast consisted almost entirely of white people.

#justice
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid