Jump to topic:

Ta-Nehisi Coates

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:11:05 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Ta-Nehisi Coates released an article justifying his attacks on Bernie Sanders. I find it to be a complete and utter crock of sh!t, and I wonder why this guy is decently respected as a journalist.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Favorite quote: "We know that black families making $100,000 a year tend to live in the same kind of neighborhoods as white families making $30,000 a year."

Really, he just gives this bullsh!t explanation on why pointing out his hypocrisy in not applying the same standards to others as "evasion" like pointing to murder statistics when talking about police violence.

He says, "A left radicalism that fails to debate its own standards, that counsels misdirection, that preaches avoidance, is really just a radicalism of convenience."

Whatever, Ta-Nehisi Coates, oh self-proclaimed scholar of The Atlantic.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:31:58 AM
At 1/25/2016 5:50:05 PM, YYW wrote:
I will say a few words about this later today or tomorrow. It's a hugely important topic.

Still waiting.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:25:25 PM
Everything about this article is manifestly idiotic, and Coates is a disgrace to his race and American politics, generally.

His view is this: Both Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton think that reparations to blacks is stupid. But, it's ok for Hillary, and, screw Bernie. The end.

The whole point and purpose here is that Coates is trying to portray Sanders as a hypocrite for opposing black reparations, while at the same time failing to show how Sanders' political philosophy *requires* that he supports reparations.

No one, other than the most radical and irrational lot of fools, supports reparations. Bringing the subject up, and especially in this context, is nothing more than an act at once of sophistry and partisan hackery.

Aside from the incoherent, poorly structured, rambling and circuitous prose that Coates wrote (he's not very smart), he failed to make any meaningful or substantial point at all in the course of his entire article.

He wines and complains about blacks, and then implies that Bernie supports policies that are going to support the status quo, which is a lie. It's the kind of like that I can only expect from an Uncle Tom cloaked in the language of progressivism who has been co-opted by the Democratic establishment for the sole purpose of advancing the Hillary campaign.

It's disgraceful.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:04:38 AM
The only people who like this guy are idiotic liberals who want to elevate a black man as a hard hitting public intellectual but who can't hold up Thomas Sowell who meets all of those qualifications in spades but happens to be a conservative
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:06:49 AM
At 1/28/2016 4:04:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
The only people who like this guy are idiotic liberals who want to elevate a black man as a hard hitting public intellectual but who can't hold up Thomas Sowell who meets all of those qualifications in spades but happens to be a conservative

I've read almost every book Sowell has written. He is a very bright guy, and is by any reasonable measure one of the leading economic thinkers of our time.

I think "Intellectuals and Society" is especially worth reading.

(I say these things as a liberal, but also as a liberal who knows the other side for what it is.)
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:07:46 AM
And Coates isn't an "intellectual." He's an erratic lunatic who gets attention for saying provocative things. He's the functional equivalent of Jenny McCarthy.
Tsar of DDO