Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do the police treat blacks differently?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:48:52 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
There it is. That's the big question no one is willing to touch.

Why is it, in your view, that the police treat blacks differently from other races?

(Regardless of whether you support or oppose racial profiling, just answer the question. This isn't a question about whether it's a good or a bad thing that the police treat blacks differently. That's another discussion we can have later.)
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:57:42 PM
At 1/25/2016 5:48:52 PM, YYW wrote:

Why is it, in your view, that the police treat blacks differently from other races?

(Regardless of whether you support or oppose racial profiling, just answer the question. This isn't a question about whether it's a good or a bad thing that the police treat blacks differently. That's another discussion we can have later.)

Because they are poorer generally and thus more likely to commit crimes. Not only that, there is an inherent distrust of LEO's due to this profiling, that leads to hostile encounters that quickly grow out of hand.

There are instances where this doesn't fit, yes, and there are indeed racist cops out there. But majoritively imo, the mistreatment stems from being poor. Plus, police brutality is an issue that affects everyone(though minorities disproportionately) and a part of that does also have to do with the police becoming ever more militarized.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:26:13 PM
Because that's where most of the drugs and gangs come from.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 7:59:35 PM

This question can be answered with history going all the way back to the African slave owners who signed the U.S. Constitution. Without slaves, the rich wouldn't exist.

You have no idea how the police are picking on homeless people today who have no power at all to defend themselves. At least African Americans have many lawyers defending them today.

Do you know how many homeless people are being harassed and beaten up by police in the U.S.?

If you don't know the answer to this question, it's because the homeless are now the "niggers" of the past.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:15:32 PM
Because it's a war on blacks and a war on the poor. It's rarely the rich that get their doors kicked in for drugs, yet statistically, percentagewise, the wealthy do drugs at a similar rate. Racism and elitism.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:25:14 PM

Poverty and lack of education is the root cause.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:56:31 PM

A lot of the different treatments come from past experiences and the areas the officer works often. I have friends and family that claim to have had bad encounters with officers, but I myself have never. The way one presents themselves are also relevant.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:57:28 PM
At 1/25/2016 8:25:14 PM, TBR wrote:

I agree heavily with the education part of this.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:00:14 PM
At 1/25/2016 7:59:35 PM, Elderman wrote:

This question can be answered with history going all the way back to the African slave owners who signed the U.S. Constitution. Without slaves, the rich wouldn't exist.

You have no idea how the police are picking on homeless people today who have no power at all to defend themselves. At least African Americans have many lawyers defending them today.

Do you know how many homeless people are being harassed and beaten up by police in the U.S.?

If you don't know the answer to this question, it's because the homeless are now the "niggers" of the past.

The final point of your post is interesting. I'm not sure about the singing of the constitution part, but the homeless situation garners further looking into.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:01:35 PM
At 1/25/2016 8:57:28 PM, liltankjj wrote:

I agree heavily with the education part of this. : :

That all depends on who is teaching who. Slaves don't know they're slaves if they're taught to believe they have freedom but only if they say and do the right things for their slave masters.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:04:47 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:01:35 PM, Elderman wrote:

That all depends on who is teaching who. Slaves don't know they're slaves if they're taught to believe they have freedom but only if they say and do the right things for their slave masters.

I can concur to this as well if I understand you correctly. I see us all as slaves.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:06:50 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:00:14 PM, liltankjj wrote:

The final point of your post is interesting. I'm not sure about the singing of the constitution part, but the homeless situation garners further looking into. : :

I've been homeless for over 4 years now and it makes no difference what color you are when it comes to police harassment and brutality.

In order for the Elite to feel good about their acceptable criminal behavior, they need a distraction. African Americans used to be their distraction until the civil rights movement started to protect them from the Elite. Now they're after the homeless who have absolutely now power to defend themselves.

I know my civil rights so I stand up to police harassment but most homeless don't dare do that.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:08:57 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:04:47 PM, liltankjj wrote:

I can concur to this as well if I understand you correctly. I see us all as slaves. : :

You are a very wise slave. Do you know how to be freed from this world?
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:11:45 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:06:50 PM, Elderman wrote:

The final point of your post is interesting. I'm not sure about the singing of the constitution part, but the homeless situation garners further looking into. : :

I've been homeless for over 4 years now and it makes no difference what color you are when it comes to police harassment and brutality.

In order for the Elite to feel good about their acceptable criminal behavior, they need a distraction. African Americans used to be their distraction until the civil rights movement started to protect them from the Elite. Now they're after the homeless who have absolutely now power to defend themselves.

I know my civil rights so I stand up to police harassment but most homeless don't dare do that.

(Kinda off subject am I safe in presuming you are still homeless now?) What do you define as the Elite?
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:13:06 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:11:45 PM, liltankjj wrote:

(Kinda off subject am I safe in presuming you are still homeless now?) What do you define as the Elite? : :

Anyone who feels they are in control of someone else's life.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:13:10 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:08:57 PM, Elderman wrote:

I can concur to this as well if I understand you correctly. I see us all as slaves. : :

Yes, I have my own personal understanding. I am however interested in your thoughts. Do share.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:16:52 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:13:06 PM, Elderman wrote:

(Kinda off subject am I safe in presuming you are still homeless now?) What do you define as the Elite? : :

well hell, that can be my parents when I was younger, and me to my children now. Very broad definition. I feel you mean something with a bit more specificity.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:17:20 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:13:10 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Yes, I have my own personal understanding. I am however interested in your thoughts. Do share.

You need to know exactly how we were created. Then you will be totally freed from other people's perspectives.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:19:33 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:16:52 PM, liltankjj wrote:

well hell, that can be my parents when I was younger, and me to my children now. Very broad definition. I feel you mean something with a bit more specificity. : :

How long does a child remain a slave to their parents?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:21:12 PM
Either because they're aware that blacks have higher rates of violent crime, or because they're racist. Probably a combination of both.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:24:23 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:17:20 PM, Elderman wrote:

You need to know exactly how we were created. Then you will be totally freed from other people's perspectives.

Well as I have stated before. I have my own understanding. but you are more than welcome to explain yours. I will listen.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:28:19 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:19:33 PM, Elderman wrote:

well hell, that can be my parents when I was younger, and me to my children now. Very broad definition. I feel you mean something with a bit more specificity. : :

Well technically in the United States tell 18 legally. Some kids, however, tend to break off earlier. Here is a question, why did you classify kids as slaves to the parent?
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:30:52 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:24:23 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Well as I have stated before. I have my own understanding. but you are more than welcome to explain yours. I will listen. : :

Complete freedom from what you perceive with your created senses is to know exactly how you were created. Once you completely understand this, then you will never be deceived by what you observe.

Let me ask you this question:

If you knew your body was just a simulated one ( only an illusion ) and that your consciousness to know yourself is your true created existence, would you be concerned about what body you're going to get after the body you're using right now dies?
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:33:02 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:28:19 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Well technically in the United States tell 18 legally. Some kids, however, tend to break off earlier. Here is a question, why did you classify kids as slaves to the parent? : :

Slavery is a broad term that isn't quite understood by those who are totally enslaved by something. There are people who are enslaved to their addictions, too.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:34:07 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:30:52 PM, Elderman wrote:

Well as I have stated before. I have my own understanding. but you are more than welcome to explain yours. I will listen. : :

Complete freedom from what you perceive with your created senses is to know exactly how you were created. Once you completely understand this, then you will never be deceived by what you observe.

If you knew your body was just a simulated one ( only an illusion ) and that your consciousness to know yourself is your true created existence, would you be concerned about what body you're going to get after the body you're using right now dies?

I am slightly in agreement with what you have sent. I will say I have little concern of what body I will be getting next. I must deal with the present first and foremost.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:34:50 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:33:02 PM, Elderman wrote:
At 1/25/2016 9:28:19 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Well technically in the United States tell 18 legally. Some kids, however, tend to break off earlier. Here is a question, why did you classify kids as slaves to the parent? : :

Slavery is a broad term that isn't quite understood by those who are totally enslaved by something. There are people who are enslaved to their addictions, too.

Ok good explanation.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:36:16 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:34:07 PM, liltankjj wrote:

I am slightly in agreement with what you have sent. I will say I have little concern of what body I will be getting next. I must deal with the present first and foremost. : :

Did you know that the body you're dealing with and all it's experiences from your created perspective is the enemy that has enslaved you all these years?
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:38:25 PM
At 1/25/2016 9:36:16 PM, Elderman wrote:
At 1/25/2016 9:34:07 PM, liltankjj wrote:

I am slightly in agreement with what you have sent. I will say I have little concern of what body I will be getting next. I must deal with the present first and foremost. : :

Did you know that the body you're dealing with and all it's experiences from your created perspective is the enemy that has enslaved you all these years?

No not sure what you mean but continue.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:40:06 PM

The rich elites are just an illusion though in this computer program called the tree of life, right?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:42:00 PM
The reason, though, is that Blacks have a very bad reputation when it comes to crime, which is both deserved and undeserved.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid