My main problem with political correctness

liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:05:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
http://www.nydailynews.com...

The above link is an interesting story about a group of girls who were punished for doing something offensive. I'm sure some of you may have heard about this story already. My problem is that if the principal, who is in charge of the school, has taken corrective action on this issue, why is it that a group of outsiders pushing, not only for stricter punishment of the students but also the job of the principle? This is where political correctness goes a tad too far. Please share your insights on this and feel free to criticize the fact that I disagree with the actions of the outsiders.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:10:10 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:05:21 PM, liltankjj wrote:

The above link is an interesting story about a group of girls who were punished for doing something offensive. I'm sure some of you may have heard about this story already. My problem is that if the principal, who is in charge of the school, has taken corrective action on this issue, why is it that a group of outsiders pushing, not only for stricter punishment of the students but also the job of the principle? This is where political correctness goes a tad too far. Please share your insights on this and feel free to criticize the fact that I disagree with the actions of the outsiders.

I don't think this should be in the politics section.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:12:55 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:10:10 PM, stealspell wrote:

I'm not sure I agree. Why not?
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:15:51 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:12:55 PM, liltankjj wrote:
At 1/26/2016 9:10:10 PM, stealspell wrote:

Because these are issues of society not issues of policy.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:17:57 PM

Well, I would call political correctness a societal issue, why wouldn't you?
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:20:13 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:17:57 PM, liltankjj wrote:

That's precisely why it doesn't belong in the politics section and should be in the society section.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:29:17 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:20:13 PM, stealspell wrote:

That's precisely why it doesn't belong in the politics section and should be in the society section.

Ok, I seem to have misunderstood your post. Well, I thought that it would do well here in the political side of things because this is the main thing I hear about in today's politics. I don't see a reason to move it nor do I really know how.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:36:39 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:29:17 PM, liltankjj wrote:

Ok, I seem to have misunderstood your post. Well, I thought that it would do well here in the political side of things because this is the main thing I hear about in today's politics. I don't see a reason to move it nor do I really know how.

That's fine.

You do hear it from Trump but its a manipulative tactic. Instead of talking about policies that help and affect the American people he focuses on societal issues, pitting people against one another on dumb things. And, yes, I think political correctness or the lack thereof is a dumb issue. I'm sick of hearing Trump using this to get applause. People have differences of a opinion. That's one of the things that makes us special as human beings. So rather than bicker about dumb stuff, we ought to be focusing on actual policies that affect everyone.
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:45:09 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:36:39 PM, stealspell wrote:

That's fine.

You do hear it from Trump but its a manipulative tactic. Instead of talking about policies that help and affect the American people he focuses on societal issues, pitting people against one another on dumb things. And, yes, I think political correctness or the lack thereof is a dumb issue. I'm sick of hearing Trump using this to get applause. People have differences of a opinion. That's one of the things that makes us special as human beings. So rather than bicker about dumb stuff, we ought to be focusing on actual policies that affect everyone.

I agree with what you have said. Policies are what's important. Unfortunately, the media doesn't feel the same.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:51:14 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:45:09 PM, liltankjj wrote:
At 1/26/2016 9:36:39 PM, stealspell wrote:

That's fine.

I agree with what you have said. Policies are what's important. Unfortunately, the media doesn't feel the same.

The corporate media doesn't. Thanks to the internet and YouTube, there are journalists who cover real issues.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:57:04 PM
The problem with political correctness is it's a hidden form of racism within itself.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:59:29 PM
"I cannot emphasize enough how wrongheaded this is. Withholding criticism and ignoring differences are racism in its purest form. Yet these cultural experts fail to notice that, through their anxious avoidance of criticizing non-Western countries, they trap the people who represent these cultures in a state of backwardness. The experts may have the best of intentions, but as we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions." -Ayaan Hirsi Ali
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...