Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Thugs and Hooligans vandalizing and stealing.

MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:55:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 9:34:42 PM, TBR wrote:
Thoughts?

http://youtu.be...
https://youtu.be...

I'm unsure on this really. Personally, I think the group is technically within their rights to protest peacefully, and from what I have heard (very little), the area occupied, although federal lands, has no impact on daily citizen life. However, they are on federal lands, then again federal lands are the people's lands as this is a citizen run government, the government at all levels works for and on behalf of the people, not as a separate entity; gaining their power through the will of the people, not the will of the government. I have conflicting views on this one...the situation is the factor I guess.

But for the actions taken; they removed cameras they were informed were put up after their arrival, leading them to believe it was a surveillance system, and rightfully so. Being as they removed the cameras in a fashion that no damage was done and returned them to the FBI, or so information available states; also stating in a friendly, nonthreatening manner that the FBI or any other authoritative entity may watch them in person if they wish to - I would say they handled the situation properly and respectfully from their perspective and without escalation.

The next step would be for the FBI, or whoever, to respond equally, by simply placing a small team on premises in a nonthreatening manner, to ensure the safety and security of all parties involved, including property. Let them work it out of their systems.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:59:59 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:55:41 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
Thoughts?

I'm unsure on this really. Personally, I think the group is technically within their rights to protest peacefully, and from what I have heard (very little), the area occupied, although federal lands, has no impact on daily citizen life. However, they are on federal lands, then again federal lands are the people's lands as this is a citizen run government, the government at all levels works for and on behalf of the people, not as a separate entity; gaining their power through the will of the people, not the will of the government. I have conflicting views on this one...the situation is the factor I guess.

But for the actions taken; they removed cameras they were informed were put up after their arrival, leading them to believe it was a surveillance system, and rightfully so. Being as they removed the cameras in a fashion that no damage was done and returned them to the FBI, or so information available states; also stating in a friendly, nonthreatening manner that the FBI or any other authoritative entity may watch them in person if they wish to - I would say they handled the situation properly and respectfully from their perspective and without escalation.

The next step would be for the FBI, or whoever, to respond equally, by simply placing a small team on premises in a nonthreatening manner, to ensure the safety and security of all parties involved, including property. Let them work it out of their systems.

Vandalizing public property would sure get you arrested in any normal case, right? Can I go disassemble the speed cameras?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:01:32 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:59:59 PM, TBR wrote:
Thoughts?

Vandalizing public property would sure get you arrested in any normal case, right? Can I go disassemble the speed cameras?

By the way, one guy says he is keeping one. Says it is his. So, theft?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:16:12 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:01:32 PM, TBR wrote:
Thoughts?

Levi Majors "L-E-V-I M-A-J-O-R-S" said this. However, the camera was immediately removed from his possession; taken by the individual who seemed to be half thinking and stated prior that they would be returned to the FBI.

Making a casual statement that one will be "taking" (or stealing) an item is not illegal. However, if the cameras did/do end up being stolen or going missing, Levi Majors may be charged with accomplice (Accessory) to the crime or conspiracy to commit depending on any further interaction or verbalization of intent/planning; includes actions to assist in committing the criminal act even indirectly.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:23:46 PM
Thoughts?

Vandalism is defined as deliberate destruction or defacing of another person's property; graffiti, broken windows or other physical damage. The same goes for public property except it applies to publicly owned property included tax-payer funded government property.

If you pull apart a traffic camera without damaging it, it would be difficult to find a guilty verdict on vandalism per legal definition. What they generally get people for in these cases is public endangerment, disorderly conduct or disturbing the piece; minimal jail time with big fines charging premium rates to restore the cameras. Jail time can take the place of the fines generally speaking, with a mandatory maximum usually around 90 days in a county detention center with probation and community service upon release; community service to be participated in during jail term as well (the guys on the side of the road picking up trash usually).
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:26:15 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:16:12 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
Thoughts?

Levi Majors "L-E-V-I M-A-J-O-R-S" said this. However, the camera was immediately removed from his possession; taken by the individual who seemed to be half thinking and stated prior that they would be returned to the FBI.

Making a casual statement that one will be "taking" (or stealing) an item is not illegal. However, if the cameras did/do end up being stolen or going missing, Levi Majors may be charged with accomplice (Accessory) to the crime or conspiracy to commit depending on any further interaction or verbalization of intent/planning; includes actions to assist in committing the criminal act even indirectly.

Still got them all on vandalizing. Could make the case that they are interfering with criminal investigation etc.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:31:58 PM
Update

http://www.dailykos.com...

According to the Harney County jail inmate roster for January 26, 2016, Levi Major was arrested and booked for Aggravated Theft - I and Criminal Mischief. At this time there is no confirmation the arrest is related to the stolen cameras.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:49:56 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:26:15 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/26/2016 10:16:12 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
Thoughts?

Still got them all on vandalizing. Could make the case that they are interfering with criminal investigation etc.

There is zero case for vandalizing as there was no destruction of property. Criminal investigation would require criminal acts, none of which have taken place to this point.

The other alternative for criminal investigation would be if a signed order by a judge orders them off the land by "X" date. Any way you go, there would be no "investigation" as the "crime" is in progress and requires no "investigation". If "investigation" is being claimed, the government would have to explain why exactly $15,000 was spent on wireless high tech security cameras as opposed to a couple uniforms making $36,000 a year. This would lead to conversations of wasting tax-payer funds which is even worse.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:51:00 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:31:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Update

According to the Harney County jail inmate roster for January 26, 2016, Levi Major was arrested and booked for Aggravated Theft - I and Criminal Mischief. At this time there is no confirmation the arrest is related to the stolen cameras.

So irrelevant.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:52:40 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:32:54 PM, TBR wrote:
They are also making liberal use of government trucks, so it may be for that I guess.

This I have just read about, it was a bulldozer I believe. This may be what Levi was arrested for, but time will tell. However, this should not have been done and those individuals participating should be hit for Grand Theft Auto, or joy riding at the least.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:07:47 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:52:40 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
They are also making liberal use of government trucks, so it may be for that I guess.

This I have just read about, it was a bulldozer I believe. This may be what Levi was arrested for, but time will tell. However, this should not have been done and those individuals participating should be hit for Grand Theft Auto, or joy riding at the least.

They are also using a fire truck, and other pick-ups.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:09:14 PM
At 1/26/2016 10:51:00 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
Update

So irrelevant.

Why? This very could be connected to the cameras.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:09:56 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:07:47 PM, TBR wrote:

havent seen these, can you post link please?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:10:55 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:09:14 PM, TBR wrote:
Update

So irrelevant.

Could also be for strong arm robbing Michelle Obama, we don't know so we cant use it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:18:21 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:09:56 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Protester arrested in Burns, accused of driving stolen refuge vehicle

http://www.oregonlive.com...

http://www.theguardian.com...

Ill find the firetruck one
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:24:17 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:18:21 PM, TBR wrote:

I agreed that the one guy stole one vehicle. That's not the entire group though
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:25:06 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:10:55 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 1/26/2016 11:09:14 PM, TBR wrote:
Update

So irrelevant.

Could also be for strong arm robbing Michelle Obama, we don't know so we cant use it.

Fare enough. We can check back on Levi later.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:26:20 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:24:17 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

OK. One stolen truck (I will find the other. Some construction equipment. Disabling security cameras. Destruction of fences.

They sure sound like hooligans and vandals to me.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:08:49 AM
At 1/26/2016 11:26:20 PM, TBR wrote:

OK. One stolen truck (I will find the other. Some construction equipment. Disabling security cameras. Destruction of fences.

Remember, in their minds, the government came in and stole their land for their livestock to graze. In their minds, they are taking back what is theirs.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:09:50 AM
At 1/27/2016 1:08:49 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Remember, in their minds, the government came in and stole their land for their livestock to graze. In their minds, they are taking back what is theirs.

Yea, they are diluted criminals. Hooligans and thugs.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:13:35 AM
At 1/27/2016 1:09:50 AM, TBR wrote:

Are you for or against eminent domain?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:30:24 AM
At 1/27/2016 1:13:35 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:09:50 AM, TBR wrote:

Are you for or against eminent domain?

If I am or not, it has nothing to do with these guys fitting the thug and Holigans definition.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:39:55 AM
Isn't SCADA something electrical companies use, not the US federal government...?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:18:25 AM
At 1/27/2016 1:39:55 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Isn't SCADA something electrical companies use, not the US federal government...?

It would be so funny if it was the utilities equipment.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:19:19 AM
At 1/27/2016 2:18:25 AM, TBR wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's a part of their (electrical companies') networking.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:23:36 AM
At 1/27/2016 2:19:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

One of the cams were right over a sub-station. Makes some sense. Good call.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:24:18 AM
At 1/27/2016 2:23:36 AM, TBR wrote:

Outstanding.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 2:25:50 AM
At 1/27/2016 2:24:18 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/27/2016 2:23:36 AM, TBR wrote:

Outstanding.

Paranoid nuts being paranoid.