Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ted Cruz

Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:49:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

Oh, that would be soooooo sweet. I would throw parties for every debate.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:57:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

well....yeah I'm not sure she can debate from prison but....
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:58:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:49:29 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

Oh, that would be soooooo sweet. I would throw parties for every debate.

Same, Cruz has the rare combination of being able to debate and speak in a way that makes it clear he is extremely intelligent while speaking in simple terms that a layman can understand. He also can turn the tables on anyone who tries to attack him with ease.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:59:33 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:57:43 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

well....yeah I'm not sure she can debate from prison but....

lol, I'm sure she'll look great in those orange jumpsuits.
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 5:21:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:58:19 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:49:29 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

Oh, that would be soooooo sweet. I would throw parties for every debate.

Same, Cruz has the rare combination of being able to debate and speak in a way that makes it clear he is extremely intelligent while speaking in simple terms that a layman can understand. He also can turn the tables on anyone who tries to attack him with ease.

You have to drink every time he says "you know" hahaha

I really didn't think much of him until the MSNBC debate. I really do enjoy listening to him talk. He has his issues, but he definitely comes across as legitimate.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already has attacks ready for the general debate written and ready to go.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:19:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:39:36 PM, Objectivity wrote:
Does any conservative here want to see Ted Cruz get nominated solely so he can destroy Hillary or Bernie in a presidential debate? He isn't very electable and I'm sure the left would stay loyal to Hillary even if she had to govern through a prison cell but it'd be fun to watch her get decimated in a debate.

I want either him or Rand to win. A Cruz/Rand Prez/VP administration would be optimal for this counrty.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:15:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I want either him or Rand to win. A Cruz/Rand Prez/VP administration would be optimal for this counrty.

Completely agree. Ted Cruz provides the charisma for a good leader, and Rand Paul provides the knowledge and reason in order to get things done. It's really an unknown fact that Rand Paul is one of the highest approved senators, and is a very bipartisan oriented thinker. He doesn't make personal attacks or allegations on the Senate floor. Ted is kind of the opposite, very partisan and often makes things personal. Having Rand in the background (or foreground, although I'm starting to doubt the possibility of a Paul presidency) as the voice of reason in times where Cruz's partisanship becomes an issue would definitely be a good and productive thing.

It's a very realistic possibility though. Ted and Rand work together a lot in the Senate and consider each other friends.

...Maybe Rand could get him back to being anti-NSA spying as well...
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:16:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
You have to remember that Cruz sucked in the polls for a long time. People thought he'd never contend for the bid, and now look where he is. Cruz is by far the most intelligent and self-aware candidate running. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up a fight against the Dems.

People just need to get it through their skulls that being "likable" absolutely does not guarantee a good president. Obama was likable and look at where that got us...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:26:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:16:57 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
You have to remember that Cruz sucked in the polls for a long time. People thought he'd never contend for the bid, and now look where he is. Cruz is by far the most intelligent and self-aware candidate running. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up a fight against the Dems.

People just need to get it through their skulls that being "likable" absolutely does not guarantee a good president. Obama was likable and look at where that got us...

"likable" moves the 47% who are independent.
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:27:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:16:57 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
You have to remember that Cruz sucked in the polls for a long time. People thought he'd never contend for the bid, and now look where he is. Cruz is by far the most intelligent and self-aware candidate running. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up a fight against the Dems.

People just need to get it through their skulls that being "likable" absolutely does not guarantee a good president. Obama was likable and look at where that got us...

Yes.
This idea that you need to be liked to get things done is mind blowing. These politicians aren't put in their positions to be liked or bipartisan. They were put there to represent the people within the confines of the Constitution.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 5:44:00 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

What are the other candidates' motives then?
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 5:49:06 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:26:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/27/2016 10:16:57 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
You have to remember that Cruz sucked in the polls for a long time. People thought he'd never contend for the bid, and now look where he is. Cruz is by far the most intelligent and self-aware candidate running. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up a fight against the Dems.

People just need to get it through their skulls that being "likable" absolutely does not guarantee a good president. Obama was likable and look at where that got us...

"likable" moves the 47% who are independent.

Suppose you're right. Ted Cruz wins the nomination, debates circles around Clinton/Sanders/Bloomberg, and then still loses the election. The fact that Cruz gets the bid will most likely start major reform in the Republican leadership. That's huge IMO.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:26:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

Nobody can really argue against that. He's sort of an elitist scumbag, as well.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:21:48 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:26:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

Nobody can really argue against that. He's sort of an elitist scumbag, as well.

How? And are you saying that bernie or hillary are just altruists who have no desire to be president? They certainly aren't george washington-esque politicians either.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:24:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.

Why? How? You can't come on a forum where most people disagree with you and be so confident in your accusations that you don't warrant them.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:25:03 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.

* a thread
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:25:59 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:21:48 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:26:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

Nobody can really argue against that. He's sort of an elitist scumbag, as well.

How? And are you saying that bernie or hillary are just altruists who have no desire to be president? They certainly aren't george washington-esque politicians either.

Well, ask the people he went to school with, the people on the 2000 Bush campaign, and even GOP Senators.

You know, he refused to study with those of the "minor Ivies."
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:26:30 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:24:36 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.

Why? How? You can't come on a forum where most people disagree with you and be so confident in your accusations that you don't warrant them.

Ted Cruz is a strict constitutionalist. who believes he's eligible to be president.

He's a snake.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:28:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:26:30 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:24:36 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.

Why? How? You can't come on a forum where most people disagree with you and be so confident in your accusations that you don't warrant them.

Ted Cruz is a strict constitutionalist. who believes he's eligible to be president.

He's a snake.

.. lol. One of his parents was born in the USA, that makes him eligible to be president. If you disagree with that you might as well be in the birther camp with Trump.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:29:38 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:25:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:48 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:26:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

Nobody can really argue against that. He's sort of an elitist scumbag, as well.

How? And are you saying that bernie or hillary are just altruists who have no desire to be president? They certainly aren't george washington-esque politicians either.

Well, ask the people he went to school with, the people on the 2000 Bush campaign, and even GOP Senators.

You know, he refused to study with those of the "minor Ivies."

I heard about that, it seemed like it was probably a joke. I mean I'm not going to absolutely deny he is arrogant, he probably is (like a lot of politicians).. but that seems more like a joke than anything else.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:31:22 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:28:33 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:26:30 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:24:36 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:23:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:01 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 9:41:10 AM, stealspell wrote:
Ted Cruz looks like a snake oil salesman when he "debates". Scratch that. Ted Cruz looks like a snake.

You knocked on 3 republican candidates that I mentioned, you don't like republicans because of their ideology, quick attacking their personality, it's dishonest and weak.

I can assure you I'm being completely honest when I say Ted Cruz is a snake.

Why? How? You can't come on a forum where most people disagree with you and be so confident in your accusations that you don't warrant them.

Ted Cruz is a strict constitutionalist. who believes he's eligible to be president.

He's a snake.

.. lol. One of his parents was born in the USA, that makes him eligible to be president. If you disagree with that you might as well be in the birther camp with Trump.

Are you aware of what "natural born citizen" meant to the founders?
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:42:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:29:38 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:25:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:21:48 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:26:28 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/28/2016 5:15:18 AM, Contra wrote:
Ted Cruz seems like he is more interesting in promoting his personal ambition than resolving policy issues, that's my two cents.

Nobody can really argue against that. He's sort of an elitist scumbag, as well.

How? And are you saying that bernie or hillary are just altruists who have no desire to be president? They certainly aren't george washington-esque politicians either.

Well, ask the people he went to school with, the people on the 2000 Bush campaign, and even GOP Senators.

You know, he refused to study with those of the "minor Ivies."

I heard about that, it seemed like it was probably a joke. I mean I'm not going to absolutely deny he is arrogant, he probably is (like a lot of politicians).. but that seems more like a joke than anything else.

"But the kind of judge Cruz says he admires and would appoint to the Supreme Court is an "originalist," one who claims to be bound by the narrowly historical meaning of the Constitution"s terms at the time of their adoption. To his kind of judge, Cruz ironically wouldn"t be eligible, because the legal principles that prevailed in the 1780s and "90s required that someone actually be born on US soil to be a "natural born" citizen. Even having two US parents wouldn"t suffice. And having just an American mother, as Cruz did, would have been insufficient at a time that made patrilineal descent decisive.

This narrow definition reflected 18th-century fears of a tyrannical takeover of our nation by someone loyal to a foreign power " fears that no longer make sense. But the same could be said of fears that a tyrannical federal army might overrun our state militias. Yet that doesn"t lead Cruz " or, more importantly, the conservative jurists he admires " to discard the Second Amendment"s "right to bear arms" as a historical relic, or to limit that right to arms-bearing by members of today"s "state militias," the national guard."

https://www.bostonglobe.com...
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:12:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:58:19 PM, Objectivity wrote:
He also can turn the tables on anyone who tries to attack him with ease.

https://youtu.be...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:15:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
On the note of Skep's post - Donald Trump can *easily* fvck Cruz in the debates. Clinton and Sanders would too.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 1:55:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Ted Cruz is so scripted he sounds fake. That might work in debate, but it is inauthentic and gives the impression that he has something to hide.

He clearly has something to hide that he only let's show when he is in smaller evangelical groups, which is that he is a radical christian who would sell out the United States just to have a hand in bringing forth the rapture.