Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Nature of the Conservative Mind

charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What twists otherwise decent men and women into uncompassionate conservatives and rigid right-wingers? Well, for one thing, at the core of the conservative worldview seems to be a thinly veiled, primitively alpha male (and female) mentality. I.e., when people rib conservatives for being Neanderthals I think they're really on to something profound.

The conservative outlook certainly does quack like a prehistoric, knuckle-dragging strong man. Like a macho cave dweller conservatives value and admire social dominance, in the modern form of being a corporate fat cat of course. Hence their idolization of the capitalist system in which individuals are dangerously free to pursue power and dominance through the unapologetic accumulation of obscenely excessive wealth. And hence the conservative's lack of compassion for the needy, who are viewed by the Stone-Age streak in their psyches as weak and unfit-for-survival losers.

Like a testosterone-powered troglodyte conservatives also value physical and military might, which explains why they tend to be hawks who are willing to drop hundreds of billions on the annual "defense" budget but balk at any social welfare spending.

The dominance-oriented mentality of conservatives also goes a long way to explaining their aggressive intentness on winning the "culture war", on forcing their values and agenda on the rest of society. Having their way on issues such as same-sex marriage, abortion, and school prayer, seeking to impose their fundamentalist religiosity on the rest of us by battling to have the Ten Commandments posted in public places, etc., all of this is just a way of trying to assert social dominance. All polemical hyperbole aside, for conservatives politically forcing their will on "liberals" and bullying them into submission on social issues truly is the "civilized" equivalent of primate threat displays, a way of showing everyone who the alphas in our society really are.

This all explains why conservatives often come off as strident, domineering and unkind, even when they take supposedly benign pro-life stances. The pro-life plank of the conservative's platform doesn't come from a benevolent place of loving life and loving one's fellow human beings, it comes from a self-assertive place of wanting to rub people's faces in their traditional Christian beliefs and compel society to legislate their personal morality so they can feel their power every time a woman is denied an abortion.

The dominance-oriented, tribal nature of the conservative mentality also illuminates why conservatives so often tend to be flag-waving nationalists and even racists. The conservative naturally wants whatever tribal group he identifies with, national or racial, to be uber alles, top dog, dominant. And he naturally prefers to view his own national or racial kin as being made of superior stuff, which means crassly viewing other nationalities and races as inferior. His chauvinistic tribalism leads him directly into the errors of xenophobic nationalism and white supremacism. Which is why it's conservatives who tend to be the most staunchly anti-immigrant and anti-affirmative action. Yep, combine the conservative's chauvinistic tribalism with his lack of sympathy for those whom he perceives as unfit losers, and you have a prescription for the stereotypical angry white man who grunts and grumbles around the water cooler about "illegals" and minorities on welfare.

The conservative worldview is much more than just a political perspective, it's essentially the worldview of people with an unkind, dominance-oriented mind-set. Which is why society becomes a more unkind and unfree place when conservatives have too much clout. Defeating the conservatives in the upcoming elections and in the ongoing "culture war" is not just a matter of giving a victory to Democrats over Republicans or winning on isolated issues such as abortion, it's nothing less momentous than a matter of helping society grow into a genuinely "kinder and gentler" place, a place where caveman values such as dominance no longer dictate public policy.

http://www.thetotalrevolutionproject.com...
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:04:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The way you broad brush conservatism makes me think that you don't really know what conservatism truely is, only what others (who have strong hate towards conservatism) told you.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:34:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 2:04:19 PM, OreEle wrote:
The way you broad brush conservatism makes me think that you don't really know what conservatism truely is, only what others (who have strong hate towards conservatism) told you.

that
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:44:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Umm, try looking at conservative success and the conservative fiscal positions first.

http://www.britannica.com...

The article above in my opinion is more historically focused and academic than Wikipedia. I used it and it's sources recently in a live debate against a badly informed liberal.

There's more to Conservatism than Republicans.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 2:46:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 2:44:37 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Umm, try looking at conservative success and the conservative fiscal positions first.

http://www.britannica.com...

The article above in my opinion is more historically focused and academic than Wikipedia. I used it and it's sources recently in a live debate against a badly informed liberal.

There's more to Conservatism than Republicans, and liberal indoctrination.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 3:04:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you're writing for an English essay, this is good. If you're writing for a logical debate, then this is too wordy.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:14:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 3:04:44 PM, mongoose wrote:
If you're writing for an English essay, this is good. If you're writing for a logical debate, then this is too wordy.

Not really, verbosity makes you sound smart -> right, I've lost marks for extreme prolixity when doing English but that's over here in Britain, I don't know about English in the USA.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:37:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You've only picked out one type of conservative here. Unfortunately for you, this self-loving, hard-headed, uber-religious "alpha male" only makes up a small percentage of the people who either self-identify as "conservative" or are labeled as such by their socialist or anarchist peers. All you've really done here is echo the stereotypical far-left anti-Republican sentiment in a slightly more articulate fashion.

I did appreciate the relative brevity of this post compared to some of your others though. I actually read this one the whole way through.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:45:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 4:37:23 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
You've only picked out one type of conservative here. Unfortunately for you, this self-loving, hard-headed, uber-religious "alpha male" only makes up a small percentage of the people who either self-identify as "conservative" or are labeled as such by their socialist or anarchist peers. All you've really done here is echo the stereotypical far-left anti-Republican sentiment in a slightly more articulate fashion.

I did appreciate the relative brevity of this post compared to some of your others though. I actually read this one the whole way through.

Really? I only managed through the first three paragraphs and then just skimmed the rest for anything of value.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:52:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 4:14:54 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/28/2010 3:04:44 PM, mongoose wrote:
If you're writing for an English essay, this is good. If you're writing for a logical debate, then this is too wordy.

Not really, verbosity makes you sound smart -> right, I've lost marks for extreme prolixity when doing English but that's over here in Britain, I don't know about English in the USA.

It's the same here; wordiness makes you sound like you don't really know anything about the subject, and are trying to hide it in a mess of long words. English teachers everywhere frown on it.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:04:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM, charleslb wrote:
hateful stuff

It sounds like you've memorized the rhetoric, but I don't think you actually know anything about the way conservatives think. Sorry, but you're wrong. REALLY wrong.

Hey guyz, tak a look at my webz page! It's, like, uber coolz and stuff!
http://www.thetotalrevolutionproject.com...

Yeah, we know where to find it if we ever want to go there.

Guess what? WE DON'T.

STOP POSTING THIS SPAM.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:14:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just a bit of knit-picking here...

At 10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM, charleslb wrote:
This all explains why conservatives often come off as strident, domineering and unkind, even when they take supposedly benign pro-life stances. The pro-life plank of the conservative's platform doesn't come from a benevolent place of loving life and loving one's fellow human beings, it comes from a self-assertive place of wanting to rub people's faces in their traditional Christian beliefs and compel society to legislate their personal morality so they can feel their power every time a woman is denied an abortion.

Well that and, you know, that whole crazy belief that a "parasitic" human life is still a human life. Furthermore, I didn't realize that there were any restrictions on abortion in the US.

<more anti-Republican rhetoric and gross generalizations> Which is why it's conservatives who tend to be the most staunchly anti-immigrant and anti-affirmative action.

I think you mean anti-illegal-immigrant and anti-racism. All affirmative action does is perpetuate the belief that minorities need to be treated differently than the rest of the population. You don't fight racism with more racism.

Defeating the conservatives in the upcoming elections and in the ongoing "culture war" is not just a matter of giving a victory to Democrats over Republicans or winning on isolated issues such as abortion, it's nothing less momentous than a matter of helping society grow into a genuinely "kinder and gentler" place, a place where caveman values such as dominance no longer dictate public policy.

A society like that would be doomed to extinction in a much shorter time frame. I mean, why bother to strive for success when someone else can take care of you. People like you take sympathy and "kindness" to unreasonable extremes. Stop contradicting selfish human nature :P
20000miles
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:43:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Surely the hallmark of conservatism is the attempt to hold down the status quo for as long as possible - e.g. maintaining current economic and political powers and income distributions.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
No. If conservatives take the white house and all of congress in 2012, I'd bet money that they are not going to hold the status quo of Obama's spending.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
20000miles
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 6:00:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:55:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
No. If conservatives take the white house and all of congress in 2012, I'd bet money that they are not going to hold the status quo of Obama's spending.

If past history is anything to go by, Obama is simply continuing George Bush's spending. Even more broadly, the nations with the most vocal conservative movements in recent times (Thatcherland and Reaganville) have failed to reverse any trends in spending (G spending as a proportion of GDP has remained constant during the past few decades).
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 6:01:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:55:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
No. If conservatives take the white house and all of congress in 2012, I'd bet money that they are not going to hold the status quo of Obama's spending.

Not that there are that many real conservatives left in American politics these days. Most of those who claim to be vote moderate, at least IMHO.

And, no. Things have gotten so tight in smalltown America that I'd bet good money on armed revolution breaking out if another two-three years of the same level of spending goes on. We can't afford it, and it's become painfully obvious to normal people (those not on welfare, that is).
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 6:14:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 6:00:55 PM, 20000miles wrote:
At 10/28/2010 5:55:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
No. If conservatives take the white house and all of congress in 2012, I'd bet money that they are not going to hold the status quo of Obama's spending.

If past history is anything to go by, Obama is simply continuing George Bush's spending. Even more broadly, the nations with the most vocal conservative movements in recent times (Thatcherland and Reaganville) have failed to reverse any trends in spending (G spending as a proportion of GDP has remained constant during the past few decades).

Bush wasn't a true conservative, heck even Reagan wasn't completely. He held some conservative principles, but not entirely. Very very few people hold 100% ideologies (as in 100% conservative or 100% socialist), which is why I don't buy ideological tags and I list myself as "other," the narrowist I'd call myself is Statist.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 6:17:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 6:01:13 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 10/28/2010 5:55:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
No. If conservatives take the white house and all of congress in 2012, I'd bet money that they are not going to hold the status quo of Obama's spending.

Not that there are that many real conservatives left in American politics these days. Most of those who claim to be vote moderate, at least IMHO.

And, no. Things have gotten so tight in smalltown America that I'd bet good money on armed revolution breaking out if another two-three years of the same level of spending goes on. We can't afford it, and it's become painfully obvious to normal people (those not on welfare, that is).

Well, many of them only really have one or two true passionate issues, the rest they just vote with how their special interest or public opinion (in their district or state) tells them.

Look at O'Donnell and her past. She has always been passionate about Pro-life and christain values. That is what she cares about, all other issues she justs goes with the tea party movement, not saying there is anything wrong with that, but she is simply following them, so she doesn't do so well in interviews or debates.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM, charleslb wrote:
What twists otherwise decent men and women into uncompassionate conservatives and rigid right-wingers? Well, for one thing, at the core of the conservative worldview seems to be a thinly veiled, primitively alpha male (and female) mentality. I.e., when people rib conservatives for being Neanderthals I think they're really on to something profound.

The conservative outlook certainly does quack like a prehistoric, knuckle-dragging strong man. Like a macho cave dweller conservatives value and admire social dominance, in the modern form of being a corporate fat cat of course. Hence their idolization of the capitalist system in which individuals are dangerously free to pursue power and dominance through the unapologetic accumulation of obscenely excessive wealth. And hence the conservative's lack of compassion for the needy, who are viewed by the Stone-Age streak in their psyches as weak and unfit-for-survival losers.

Like a testosterone-powered troglodyte conservatives also value physical and military might, which explains why they tend to be hawks who are willing to drop hundreds of billions on the annual "defense" budget but balk at any social welfare spending.

The dominance-oriented mentality of conservatives also goes a long way to explaining their aggressive intentness on winning the "culture war", on forcing their values and agenda on the rest of society. Having their way on issues such as same-sex marriage, abortion, and school prayer, seeking to impose their fundamentalist religiosity on the rest of us by battling to have the Ten Commandments posted in public places, etc., all of this is just a way of trying to assert social dominance. All polemical hyperbole aside, for conservatives politically forcing their will on "liberals" and bullying them into submission on social issues truly is the "civilized" equivalent of primate threat displays, a way of showing everyone who the alphas in our society really are.

This all explains why conservatives often come off as strident, domineering and unkind, even when they take supposedly benign pro-life stances. The pro-life plank of the conservative's platform doesn't come from a benevolent place of loving life and loving one's fellow human beings, it comes from a self-assertive place of wanting to rub people's faces in their traditional Christian beliefs and compel society to legislate their personal morality so they can feel their power every time a woman is denied an abortion.

The dominance-oriented, tribal nature of the conservative mentality also illuminates why conservatives so often tend to be flag-waving nationalists and even racists. The conservative naturally wants whatever tribal group he identifies with, national or racial, to be uber alles, top dog, dominant. And he naturally prefers to view his own national or racial kin as being made of superior stuff, which means crassly viewing other nationalities and races as inferior. His chauvinistic tribalism leads him directly into the errors of xenophobic nationalism and white supremacism. Which is why it's conservatives who tend to be the most staunchly anti-immigrant and anti-affirmative action. Yep, combine the conservative's chauvinistic tribalism with his lack of sympathy for those whom he perceives as unfit losers, and you have a prescription for the stereotypical angry white man who grunts and grumbles around the water cooler about "illegals" and minorities on welfare.

The conservative worldview is much more than just a political perspective, it's essentially the worldview of people with an unkind, dominance-oriented mind-set. Which is why society becomes a more unkind and unfree place when conservatives have too much clout. Defeating the conservatives in the upcoming elections and in the ongoing "culture war" is not just a matter of giving a victory to Democrats over Republicans or winning on isolated issues such as abortion, it's nothing less momentous than a matter of helping society grow into a genuinely "kinder and gentler" place, a place where caveman values such as dominance no longer dictate public policy.

http://www.thetotalrevolutionproject.com...

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 3:14:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.

Yes, science is completley against American values. Destroy it with fire.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:19:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I say stone politicians who don't do their jobs I don't care which party just stone them all.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:29:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/29/2010 8:19:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I say stone politicians who don't do their jobs I don't care which party just stone them all.

what if the reason they aren't doing their jobs is that they're like, totally stoned?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 10:54:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/29/2010 8:29:38 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/29/2010 8:19:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I say stone politicians who don't do their jobs I don't care which party just stone them all.

what if the reason they aren't doing their jobs is that they're like, totally stoned?

Then we take away their crack and throw rotten watermelons at them.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:13:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/29/2010 3:14:09 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.

Yes, science is completley against American values. Destroy it with fire.

The point is that your "science" isn't science at all it's just liberal moral opposition with a disregard for commonsense.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:15:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/31/2010 3:13:33 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/29/2010 3:14:09 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.

Yes, science is completley against American values. Destroy it with fire.

The point is that your "science" isn't science at all it's just liberal moral positions and pseudo-science with a strong disregard for commonsense/legitimate science.

+
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 8:56:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM, charleslb wrote:
Blah blah blah blah blah BLAH!!!

Yea...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:47:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 5:14:47 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Just a bit of knit-picking here...

At 10/28/2010 2:00:57 PM, charleslb wrote:
This all explains why conservatives often come off as strident, domineering and unkind, even when they take supposedly benign pro-life stances. The pro-life plank of the conservative's platform doesn't come from a benevolent place of loving life and loving one's fellow human beings, it comes from a self-assertive place of wanting to rub people's faces in their traditional Christian beliefs and compel society to legislate their personal morality so they can feel their power every time a woman is denied an abortion.

Well that and, you know, that whole crazy belief that a "parasitic" human life is still a human life. Furthermore, I didn't realize that there were any restrictions on abortion in the US.

I question the belief that human life is sacred in the first place, let alone a "parasitic" human.

<more anti-Republican rhetoric and gross generalizations> Which is why it's conservatives who tend to be the most staunchly anti-immigrant and anti-affirmative action.

I think you mean anti-illegal-immigrant and anti-racism. All affirmative action does is perpetuate the belief that minorities need to be treated differently than the rest of the population. You don't fight racism with more racism.

Very well put...

Defeating the conservatives in the upcoming elections and in the ongoing "culture war" is not just a matter of giving a victory to Democrats over Republicans or winning on isolated issues such as abortion, it's nothing less momentous than a matter of helping society grow into a genuinely "kinder and gentler" place, a place where caveman values such as dominance no longer dictate public policy.

A society like that would be doomed to extinction in a much shorter time frame. I mean, why bother to strive for success when someone else can take care of you. People like you take sympathy and "kindness" to unreasonable extremes. Stop contradicting selfish human nature :P

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, I think we may be at the point of no return. All these policies have now been in place so long, a whole new generation now simply expects everything to to be handed over, with no regard for even their own community, let alone the entire society.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 10:53:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/31/2010 3:13:33 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/29/2010 3:14:09 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.

Yes, science is completley against American values. Destroy it with fire.

The point is that your "science" isn't science at all it's just liberal moral opposition with a disregard for commonsense.

Yes, science occasionally flies in the face of what we previously thought was fact, like the earth being flat, and the sun moving aroudn the earth. If science is biased it isn't science by definition, but low and behold science says you're wrong. Continue to entrench yourself in the nuclear fallout shelter of fear.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:08:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 10:53:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/31/2010 3:13:33 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/29/2010 3:14:09 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/29/2010 2:30:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have you read the new study that says conservatism and liberalism is genetic? I find it interesting that the study was able to identify the gene that causes liberalism but the one that causes conservatism has eluded them. Does this mean that all conservatives lack a gene and are retarded? And if so can I collect disability and get free health care and all the free stuff I can get my hands on at liberals expense? This study just goes to show how absolutely arrogant and repugnant the average progressive liberal is. All people are to stupid to make their own choices all people are to dumb to understand anything a progressive liberal says. You are all just little retarded children in need of a great nanny state.

Yes, science is completley against American values. Destroy it with fire.

The point is that your "science" isn't science at all it's just liberal moral opposition with a disregard for commonsense.

Yes, science occasionally flies in the face of what we previously thought was fact, like the earth being flat, and the sun moving aroudn the earth. If science is biased it isn't science by definition, but low and behold science says you're wrong. Continue to entrench yourself in the nuclear fallout shelter of fear.

What does that even mean?

You really think there is a liberal and conservative gene? Science is was is learnt and what IS, it cannot be refuted. People claim that things that are not science. pseudo science, ARE legitimate science. Medical history has many examples of this.

Also the very nature of a politics gene completely fucks with anthropological, sociological and psychology(both cognitive and psychoanalytic).

lol -> Xq28
'sup DDO -- july 2013