Jump to topic:

Is there any historical figure

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 7:30:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
that has had to endure the least amount of bad mouthing?

I find it quite sad that no matter how great the deeds done by the said person, there will always be people who demean or belittle them by petty name-calling and the twisting of some set of conflicting occurences and holding on to them in the face of a barrage of truly wonderful facts, to further their cause.

You would think a person like .... say...well.... Gandhi, for instance, would deserve some respect, but the number of people who just dismiss his efforts (considering most have not even heard of him) is pretty high.

I can understand that every person is flawed, but surely, some are less flawed than others!

My thought is that the Buddha would be one such person. (but that may be due to the fact that his preaching has not led to any kinds of conflicts caused by people distorting his message for their gains. If they had, I'm sure there would be people criticizing him too for no fault of his. Well, that's just a guess)

What are your thoughts?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 7:41:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/28/2010 7:30:19 PM, Indophile wrote:
that has had to endure the least amount of bad mouthing?

I find it quite sad that no matter how great the deeds done by the said person, there will always be people who demean or belittle them by petty name-calling and the twisting of some set of conflicting occurences and holding on to them in the face of a barrage of truly wonderful facts, to further their cause.

You would think a person like .... say...well.... Gandhi, for instance, would deserve some respect, but the number of people who just dismiss his efforts (considering most have not even heard of him) is pretty high.

I can understand that every person is flawed, but surely, some are less flawed than others!

My thought is that the Buddha would be one such person. (but that may be due to the fact that his preaching has not led to any kinds of conflicts caused by people distorting his message for their gains. If they had, I'm sure there would be people criticizing him too for no fault of his. Well, that's just a guess)

What are your thoughts?

When someone leads a perfect life, they will be free of criticism (well, probably not, since we all have different ideas of "perfect").

Many people do far greater good then bad, but that doesn't mean the bad never happened and we should not talk about it. People should be acknowledged on the whole of their lives.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"