Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Question for Conservatives

tajshar2k
Posts: 2,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:35:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

Legalize gay marriage, ban abortion
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:38:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.
And your point is?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:43:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 4:38:00 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.
And your point is?

It becomes meaningless because you are treating cancer with aspirin.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:46:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

I'm pretty liberal on both those issue.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:17:13 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 5:09:09 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Legalize marriage, ban publicly funded abortions.

Well, that sounds very status-quo.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?

That isn't what I said. I said that a culture that is in decline will be superseded by one that isn't. If we don't care enough to replace ourselves and continue our own culture, those who do will supplant ours. That is just a simple logic. The culture you desire is self annihilating... sorry, thems the facts.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:22:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?

That isn't what I said. I said that a culture that is in decline will be superseded by one that isn't. If we don't care enough to replace ourselves and continue our own culture, those who do will supplant ours. That is just a simple logic. The culture you desire is self annihilating... sorry, thems the facts.

Well, that is not true. We are speaking of America. American has no expiration date. At some point, the entire concept of a country will probably pass from relevance. At some point the species will die or move on, but you have a "us vs. them" thing going that is not very rational.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:29:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?

That isn't what I said. I said that a culture that is in decline will be superseded by one that isn't. If we don't care enough to replace ourselves and continue our own culture, those who do will supplant ours. That is just a simple logic. The culture you desire is self annihilating... sorry, thems the facts.

Well, that is not true. We are speaking of America. American has no expiration date. At some point, the entire concept of a country will probably pass from relevance. At some point the species will die or move on, but you have a "us vs. them" thing going that is not very rational.

lol. How very patriotic of you. So what you are telling me is that you are fighting for a particular viewpoint, but don't really care since it will all pass anyways..

It seems that you have fully embraced that you belong to a dead culture, just counting down the hours until it disappears all together.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:33:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:29:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?

That isn't what I said. I said that a culture that is in decline will be superseded by one that isn't. If we don't care enough to replace ourselves and continue our own culture, those who do will supplant ours. That is just a simple logic. The culture you desire is self annihilating... sorry, thems the facts.

Well, that is not true. We are speaking of America. American has no expiration date. At some point, the entire concept of a country will probably pass from relevance. At some point the species will die or move on, but you have a "us vs. them" thing going that is not very rational.

lol. How very patriotic of you. So what you are telling me is that you are fighting for a particular viewpoint, but don't really care since it will all pass anyways..

It seems that you have fully embraced that you belong to a dead culture, just counting down the hours until it disappears all together.

Are you trying to say that the planet is eternal? The species? Yea, I would say that is rubbish.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:35:53 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:33:35 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:29:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:07:28 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:02:10 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:48:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:38:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:36:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:25:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Not at all gay marriage and abortion are both the result of accepting a previous error. Errors beget other errors.

We as a society are not going to go backwards on either of these two issues. Learn to live with it, or find a new home.

Of course not. Not until things get really bad and they are forced to change. The south was very adamant that it wasn't going to change on slavery. Eventually things reach a breaking point. Rome was hollowed out on the inside long before it fell on the outside.

Hold your breath if you think it will help... It won't.

Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

So your real concern is over white Christians become marginalize - is that right?

That isn't what I said. I said that a culture that is in decline will be superseded by one that isn't. If we don't care enough to replace ourselves and continue our own culture, those who do will supplant ours. That is just a simple logic. The culture you desire is self annihilating... sorry, thems the facts.

Well, that is not true. We are speaking of America. American has no expiration date. At some point, the entire concept of a country will probably pass from relevance. At some point the species will die or move on, but you have a "us vs. them" thing going that is not very rational.

lol. How very patriotic of you. So what you are telling me is that you are fighting for a particular viewpoint, but don't really care since it will all pass anyways..

It seems that you have fully embraced that you belong to a dead culture, just counting down the hours until it disappears all together.

Are you trying to say that the planet is eternal? The species? Yea, I would say that is rubbish.

Nope, that doesn't mean that particular cultures are not superior to others. A superior culture is not self annihilating.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:39:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Nope, that doesn't mean that particular cultures are not superior to others. A superior culture is not self annihilating.

So back around to sounding like you think white-Christian culture is the "superior" culture and it is under threat, right?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:46:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:39:09 PM, TBR wrote:
Nope, that doesn't mean that particular cultures are not superior to others. A superior culture is not self annihilating.

So back around to sounding like you think white-Christian culture is the "superior" culture and it is under threat, right?

White Christian culture? It is either Christian culture or it isn't. Christian culture doesn't really exist anymore as the prevailing culture. What you have now is a culture that likes to think that it is, but is slowly dismantling it. The structure that has propelled western civilization forward is gone and all that is left is some lingering momentum. We will either return to the source of that momentum, or it will all collapse. What will happen is that after the collapse it can only be rebuilt with what started it.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:48:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:46:01 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:39:09 PM, TBR wrote:
Nope, that doesn't mean that particular cultures are not superior to others. A superior culture is not self annihilating.

So back around to sounding like you think white-Christian culture is the "superior" culture and it is under threat, right?

White Christian culture? It is either Christian culture or it isn't. Christian culture doesn't really exist anymore as the prevailing culture. What you have now is a culture that likes to think that it is, but is slowly dismantling it. The structure that has propelled western civilization forward is gone and all that is left is some lingering momentum. We will either return to the source of that momentum, or it will all collapse. What will happen is that after the collapse it can only be rebuilt with what started it.

White Christian culture is Christians who are white.

"Christian culture doesn't really exist anymore as the prevailing culture." - Yea, It is the one dying out.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 8:29:44 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:48:58 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:46:01 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:39:09 PM, TBR wrote:
Nope, that doesn't mean that particular cultures are not superior to others. A superior culture is not self annihilating.

So back around to sounding like you think white-Christian culture is the "superior" culture and it is under threat, right?

White Christian culture? It is either Christian culture or it isn't. Christian culture doesn't really exist anymore as the prevailing culture. What you have now is a culture that likes to think that it is, but is slowly dismantling it. The structure that has propelled western civilization forward is gone and all that is left is some lingering momentum. We will either return to the source of that momentum, or it will all collapse. What will happen is that after the collapse it can only be rebuilt with what started it.

White Christian culture is Christians who are white.

Christian culture was sustained by the white Europeans only because the Muslims conquered the middle eastern, and black African Christian communities.

"Christian culture doesn't really exist anymore as the prevailing culture." - Yea, It is the one dying out.

On that there is no disagreement. Take a look at Quebec.

Used to be 85% Catholic, of which 90+% would attend Mass every week. Now they are at 6% Mass attendance. It was a common attitude in Quebec, that the English may have won the war, but they'd win the cradle. Well now Quebec dropped all that and their birth rate plummeted. They've tried twice to separate from Canada in order to "preserve their culture". They are importing people from former french colonies to the tune of 54,000 a year. The problem is that even though they speak french they do not share the culture. They need over 80,000 a year to maintain their population, but they want to reduce immigration from current levels because of the cultural differences.

They've tried all sorts of programs to encourage children including heavily subsidized day care. It is the immigrants who largely take advantage of these programs. The French culture has been reduced to the french language, which is going to disappear because the culture is already dead.

The vestiges of the Christian culture is what you are living in and as Christianity retreats from the culture, the culture as a whole dies.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 9:23:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Its geogeer, he kinda has difficulty using logic and reasoning
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:19:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

Overpopulation is fastest way to guarantee global mass extinction of humans. The problem isn't abortion and the gays. It's too many babies. It's also the reason why we're seeing unprecedented changes in the climate. There needs to be a global effort to reduce the birth rate. We're not going to be moving to Mars anytime soon. Dealing with climate change is a step in the right direction but the population will continue to increase, reaching 9.6 billion by 2050.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:28:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 10:19:19 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 1/29/2016 7:18:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Lol. The western world cannot reproduce itself. People who cannot even reproduce themselves inevitably decline - economies fail, etc... We will enter a Japan style death spiral eventually, or the cultures that move here will supersede our own. Either/or.

Overpopulation is fastest way to guarantee global mass extinction of humans. The problem isn't abortion and the gays. It's too many babies. It's also the reason why we're seeing unprecedented changes in the climate. There needs to be a global effort to reduce the birth rate. We're not going to be moving to Mars anytime soon. Dealing with climate change is a step in the right direction but the population will continue to increase, reaching 9.6 billion by 2050.

Don't show him THIS graph, it would only conflict with his real issue. Less white Christians
https://drugsandotherthings.files.wordpress.com...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:28:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 9:23:17 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/29/2016 5:17:39 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/29/2016 4:33:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/29/2016 2:32:08 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
If you could only pick between the two.

Would you rather legalize Abortion, and ban marriage entirely?

Or

Legalize Gay marriage and ban all Abortion?

It's a dumb question. Gay Marriage and abortion are intricately linked as symptoms of the same problem.

That is just about the strangest logic ever.

Its geogeer, he kinda has difficulty using logic and reasoning

Dammit! That is why my buildings keep falling down! Thanks for the heads up!

However, since I'm logically deprived would you mind showing what is illogical? I'm too reasoning deficient to understand.