Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

So why you're against hi-cap mags?

Maccabee
Posts: 1,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Fly
Posts: 2,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 7:00:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

It is difficult to take these sorts of videos all that seriously. First off, the video claims that it often takes many rounds to take out a threat in a crisis situation-- leading me to believe that its central point is that hi cap is needed for effective defense.

Then, in the live demonstration, it demonstrates how quickly one can reload even low cap mags with two shooters of different skill levels-- leading me to believe that they are unwittingly contradicting their first point. Just more arguments of the self-defeating kind from the anti-gun control crowd.

Also, it is nice to be able to stand up straight while shooting a pistol with all of the spare mags laid out nice and neat on a barrel right in front of you. Yep-- just as all criminal shooters set up their shooting station. And it didn't take comparative accuracy into account on any of the demos either.

It was cool to see the rapid fire double reload of the 1911 Colt, though. It is very historic and probably my favorite pistol.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 3:08:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I have no care about you desire for "hi-cap mags". My comment on the question? Well, the comically serious guy in the video you posted vs the average American.

https://www.youtube.com...
Maccabee
Posts: 1,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:21:13 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 7:00:47 AM, Fly wrote:
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

It is difficult to take these sorts of videos all that seriously. First off, the video claims that it often takes many rounds to take out a threat in a crisis situation-- leading me to believe that its central point is that hi cap is needed for effective defense.

True. Plus it saves space as well.

Then, in the live demonstration, it demonstrates how quickly one can reload even low cap mags with two shooters of different skill levels-- leading me to believe that they are unwittingly contradicting their first point. Just more arguments of the self-defeating kind from the anti-gun control crowd.

The point is that law abiding citizens doesn't have the privilege of carrying a bunch of 10 round mags everywhere. The criminal who's there for that one mission prepared himself for the slaughter.

Also, it is nice to be able to stand up straight while shooting a pistol with all of the spare mags laid out nice and neat on a barrel right in front of you. Yep-- just as all criminal shooters set up their shooting station. And it didn't take comparative accuracy into account on any of the demos either.

You try it yourself only you get the mags from your bag or person.

It was cool to see the rapid fire double reload of the 1911 Colt, though. It is very historic and probably my favorite pistol.

I don't like that it weighs 2 lb. with 8 rounds at the most. It's not going to be my first choice as an defensive firearm.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Maccabee
Posts: 1,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:28:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 3:08:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I have no care about you desire for "hi-cap mags". My comment on the question? Well, the comically serious guy in the video you posted vs the average American.


https://www.youtube.com...

Those are examples of untrained people with no experience with firearms, not the average gun owner who abide by the safety rules and shooting fundamentals like having a firm grip, stance, and bury the stock in your shoulder and tightening it.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:30:37 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/31/2016 2:28:24 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 1/30/2016 3:08:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I have no care about you desire for "hi-cap mags". My comment on the question? Well, the comically serious guy in the video you posted vs the average American.


https://www.youtube.com...

Those are examples of untrained people with no experience with firearms, not the average gun owner who abide by the safety rules and shooting fundamentals like having a firm grip, stance, and bury the stock in your shoulder and tightening it.

Most gun owners are 'untrained'. You can't possibly believe that the video you posted is the average gun owner.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:45:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Banning high cap mags is a solution to a nonexistent problem. Why? Because in the vast majority of shootings, the number of bullets fired is very low. Don't believe me? Well, the British Medical Journal does: the average number of bullets fired in a crime (if the weapon is a pistol) is 3.2 - 3.7 (http://injuryprevention.bmj.com...).

To put in in perspective, a 1911 carries only 8 bullets. The only way to reduce gun deaths is to ban handguns, and even then the evidence suggests that it would do little.

Objection, objection! 16k, your statistics only include pistols!

... barely any crimes are committed by long guns (https://www.fbi.gov...).

So banning hi capacity magazines would be a fruitless endeavor. The real debate is whether or not we should expand the background check system, training requirements, pass CCW laws, and ban firearms.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 2:58:51 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I am not.
http://papers.ssrn.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Maccabee
Posts: 1,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 4:21:15 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/31/2016 2:30:37 AM, TBR wrote:
At 1/31/2016 2:28:24 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 1/30/2016 3:08:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I have no care about you desire for "hi-cap mags". My comment on the question? Well, the comically serious guy in the video you posted vs the average American.


https://www.youtube.com...

Those are examples of untrained people with no experience with firearms, not the average gun owner who abide by the safety rules and shooting fundamentals like having a firm grip, stance, and bury the stock in your shoulder and tightening it.

Most gun owners are 'untrained'. You can't possibly believe that the video you posted is the average gun owner.

Nor can you say that the average are what your video claims. It show'd what? 20 people? Compared to 80 million at least out there. Plus a lot of those, check that, all of those were examples of poor trigger control or handling a high recoil gun for the first time without training. The average gun owner may not be trained in defensive tactics, but they certainly know safety precedure and firearms handling.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Fly
Posts: 2,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 6:01:22 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/30/2016 3:08:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 1/30/2016 6:05:43 AM, Maccabee wrote:
https://m.youtube.com...

After watching this please explain why you want to ban high capacity magazines.

I have no care about you desire for "hi-cap mags". My comment on the question? Well, the comically serious guy in the video you posted vs the average American.


https://www.youtube.com...

I had an uncle who admitted to accidentally discharging a pistol indoors. He claimed that it had a modified "hair" trigger. I also had a girlfriend who fell backwards and dropped a rifle after firing it.

I'm not sure what it is about novice female shooters. They typically stand with their shoulders square to the target when firing a rifle, whereas one should stand with the non-dominant shoulder to the target-- a sideways stance, in other words. They also tend to have a hunched over posture with their neck and head. It is akin to martial arts-- one can immediately tell whether someone knows what they are doing by their stance and posture.

That all said, one of the best and most famous marksmen was a female-- Annie Oakley.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz