Cruz'n to victory

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:56:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Tonight, America won.

The people spoke and the candidates are prepared to listen--a true constitutional conservative, Ted Cruz, was gifted a resounding win. The people of Iowa do well to represent the rest of us and I hope and pray that Republicans everywhere can accept their decision and with Cruz at the wheel we can go boldly into victory.

I personally apologize for the role I played in shilling for Trump--a New York values billionaire RINO. We need Cruz. We will get Cruz. We will Cruz to victory.

Peace and blessings to the Republican party, a truly successful and dedicated guardian of conservatism.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:05:36 AM
Cruz doesn't tithe.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:13:05 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:56:53 AM, thett3 wrote:
Tonight, America won.

The people spoke and the candidates are prepared to listen--a true constitutional conservative, Ted Cruz, was gifted a resounding win. The people of Iowa do well to represent the rest of us and I hope and pray that Republicans everywhere can accept their decision and with Cruz at the wheel we can go boldly into victory.

I personally apologize for the role I played in shilling for Trump--a New York values billionaire RINO. We need Cruz. We will get Cruz. We will Cruz to victory.

Peace and blessings to the Republican party, a truly successful and dedicated guardian of conservatism.

You should probably update your profile ;)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:15:57 AM
At 2/2/2016 6:13:05 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Thank you sir. I also changed my big issues
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:30:40 PM
At 2/2/2016 6:15:57 AM, thett3 wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Your sig.
walker_harris3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:33:20 PM
Tonight, America won.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If Cruz were a true conservative defender of the Constitution like he says he is, he wouldn't be running for office because he'd know what the definition of natural born citizen is, as confirmed in 4 Supreme Court cases.

He also flip flopped on the unconstitutional NSA spying for the election, (special interests...?) AND voted for TPA! You literally can't call the man a Constitutionalist, he picks and chooses what parts of it he wants to follow.

Personally, I do not trust this guy. Especially after hearing that he told everyone Ben Carson dropped out of the race to get more votes last night. Both he and Rubio are fighting to woo the Koch brothers and other mainline special interests.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:37:49 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:30:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Your sig.

People of one state spoke, and the outcome was VERY close.

Have you ever seen an actual election? Every state is different, right down to the election.

America didn't win anything tonight. Iowa voted for more of the same....

Besides, Reagan lost the Iowa Caucus as well, and he ultimately became president.

Several others have won, and didn't make it to the white house...

So don't get too excited.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:38:03 PM
Tonight, America won.

Are you just going to be a f*ckboy for whichever candidate leads the polls? XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:39:38 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:38:03 PM, imabench wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Are you just going to be a f*ckboy for whichever candidate leads the polls? XD

He lost a bet.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:39:46 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:37:49 PM, be_diligent wrote:
At 2/2/2016 1:30:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Your sig.

People of one state spoke, and the outcome was VERY close.

Have you ever seen an actual election? Every state is different, right down to the election.

America didn't win anything tonight. Iowa voted for more of the same....

Besides, Reagan lost the Iowa Caucus as well, and he ultimately became president.

Several others have won, and didn't make it to the white house...

So don't get too excited.

Trump's result in the Iowa Caucus were amazing. He's the only one running for the Republican party who isn't a politician, and he still placed a close second.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:44:56 PM
Tonight, America won.

Hardly. The banks won.... either candidate will be their whore.

Cruz is a manipulative, treasonous Canadian insurgent.

No.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:46:32 PM
Cruz isn't even eligible to be President of the United States. He was born in Canada, and that's not some conspiracy theory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:48:41 PM
Tonight, America won.

You have finally come to your senses. The Cruz Missile is coming in fast.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:50:30 PM
The more I think about it the more it seems Cruz put fourth so much of his campaign into Iowa to make Trump look vulnerable. It reminds of the scene from 300 where Leonidas told Xerxes :

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed. "

Cruz thinks that by simply drawing first blood he'll be able to use that as momentum through the rest of the election cycle to Stump the Trump. He'll use the fact that he beat Trump in Iowa to sway votes from Trump's camp to his. The evangelicals have seen their God bleed, and while he accepted it humbly, damage has been done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:27:14 PM
Tonight, America won.

Please tell me this is the results of a bet you had riding.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:41:01 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:27:14 PM, TBR wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Turns out it actually is XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:43:04 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:41:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:27:14 PM, TBR wrote:
Tonight, America won.

Turns out it actually is XD

Nice!
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:36:49 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:16:58 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 2/2/2016 1:44:56 PM, YYW wrote:

https://youtu.be...

Yes, obviously some disregard our constitution.

Cruz already does! He is not qualified to run for president. He should be running for the office of Canadian Prime Minister.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:00:54 PM
At 2/2/2016 6:36:49 PM, be_diligent wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:16:58 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 2/2/2016 1:44:56 PM, YYW wrote:

https://youtu.be...

Yes, obviously some disregard our constitution.

Cruz already does! He is not qualified to run for president. He should be running for the office of Canadian Prime Minister.

A trained monkey would be better than the one we elected...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:05:07 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:33:20 PM, walker_harris3 wrote:
Tonight, America won.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If Cruz were a true conservative defender of the Constitution like he says he is, he wouldn't be running for office because he'd know what the definition of natural born citizen is, as confirmed in 4 Supreme Court cases.

He also flip flopped on the unconstitutional NSA spying for the election, (special interests...?) AND voted for TPA! You literally can't call the man a Constitutionalist, he picks and chooses what parts of it he wants to follow.

Personally, I do not trust this guy. Especially after hearing that he told everyone Ben Carson dropped out of the race to get more votes last night. Both he and Rubio are fighting to woo the Koch brothers and other mainline special interests.

The Koch brothers have conaistently supported Libertarian causes.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:16:13 AM
At 2/2/2016 3:50:30 PM, TheFlex wrote:
The more I think about it the more it seems Cruz put fourth so much of his campaign into Iowa to make Trump look vulnerable. It reminds of the scene from 300 where Leonidas told Xerxes :

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed. "

Cruz thinks that by simply drawing first blood he'll be able to use that as momentum through the rest of the election cycle to Stump the Trump. He'll use the fact that he beat Trump in Iowa to sway votes from Trump's camp to his. The evangelicals have seen their God bleed, and while he accepted it humbly, damage has been done.

Trump doesn't really appeal to evangelicals; they're pretty suspicious of him. Trump appeals to the middle working class more than anything. The evangelicals actually sided heavily against him in Iowa; the fact that they hate him is the reason that many more moderate people support him. They'll literally vote for anyone if it pries those idiotic, screaming children away from the levers of power.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:23:39 AM
Heil the Cruz Missile!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 3:04:17 PM
At 2/3/2016 2:16:13 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/2/2016 3:50:30 PM, TheFlex wrote:

Trump doesn't really appeal to evangelicals; they're pretty suspicious of him. Trump appeals to the middle working class more than anything. The evangelicals actually sided heavily against him in Iowa; the fact that they hate him is the reason that many more moderate people support him. They'll literally vote for anyone if it pries those idiotic, screaming children away from the levers of power.

Yeah, I used the wrong word there. I meant to convey that his supporters were unwavering in their support for him, not that he was popular amongst the deeply religious. Thanks for pointing that out.