Jump to topic:

Iowa coin-toss.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:20:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
And I am not speaking of just how close it was...

Turns out there were MORE coin-toss precincts. Clinton (so lucky) won ALL FIVE.

This was no win for Clinton. It was a dead-heat.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:22:51 PM
Democracy at work.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:37:41 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:22:51 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Democracy at work.

Yea again, what is pissing me off this AM is Clinton supporters passing around the delegate count INCLUDING the super-delegates and playing it as a huge win.

The actual delegate count from last night is EQUAL. When you stack Clinton's supers on it, it is deceptive spin. Any talk of "Bernie supporters are <blah>" I dismiss almost instantaneously. Clinton supporters are running the same crap this time around they did the last, and it makes me dislike HER - the candidate.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:39:43 PM
Democracy at work.

I'm sure you have seen this.

"Clinton strategist: Sanders waging 'most negative' primary bid"

A top adviser to Hillary Clinton is accusing Bernie Sanders of running the "most negative" Democratic primary campaign in history.

"I think, in fact, he"s probably running the most negative campaign of any Democratic presidential candidate " in a presidential primary season, yes," said Joel Benenson, Clinton"s senior campaign strategist.

http://thehill.com...

Just what the f**king he11
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:44:24 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:39:43 PM, TBR wrote:
Democracy at work.

A top adviser to Hillary Clinton is accusing Bernie Sanders of running the "most negative" Democratic primary campaign in history.

"I think, in fact, he"s probably running the most negative campaign of any Democratic presidential candidate " in a presidential primary season, yes," said Joel Benenson, Clinton"s senior campaign strategist.

"Benenson, formerly a top pollster to President Obama, said he doesn't recall the 2008 race being as contentious."

Where in the hell was THAT contest because I remember the actual 2008 race a hell of a lot differently
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:54:52 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:44:24 PM, imabench wrote:
Democracy at work.

"Benenson, formerly a top pollster to President Obama, said he doesn't recall the 2008 race being as contentious."

Where in the hell was THAT contest because I remember the actual 2008 race a hell of a lot differently

No sh1t.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:02:20 PM
Here is what I want as a Sanders supporter.

1) Understand that I (and most people) know Sanders chance is VERY slim, we are not delusional.
2) Understand we are NOT discounting issues of electability - we have have similar and real concerns about Clinton in a general.
3) I (and most people I know) think "feel the Burn" is just about the stupidest thing I have ever herd come from a campaign - it reminds me of "don't change your horse in mid-stream" from Wag the Dog only with more medical disclaimers attached.
4) Clinton, and her supporters, were a nasty bunch in 08. Many of us will not forgive and forget so quickly.
5) Super-delegates are fine. They are part of the process, but take a second to learn what the he11 they are before spouting out your a$$ about her "count".
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:13:17 PM
At 2/2/2016 5:02:20 PM, TBR wrote:
Here is what I want as a Sanders supporter.

1) Understand that I (and most people) know Sanders chance is VERY slim, we are not delusional.
2) Understand we are NOT discounting issues of electability - we have have similar and real concerns about Clinton in a general.
3) I (and most people I know) think "feel the Burn" is just about the stupidest thing I have ever herd come from a campaign - it reminds me of "don't change your horse in mid-stream" from Wag the Dog only with more medical disclaimers attached.
4) Clinton, and her supporters, were a nasty bunch in 08. Many of us will not forgive and forget so quickly.
5) Super-delegates are fine. They are part of the process, but take a second to learn what the he11 they are before spouting out your a$$ about her "count".

Adding.

6) We are not expecting to get our pony. Sanders reforms are not just going to magicly happen, but we will get somewhere rather than nowhere.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:52:06 PM
At 2/2/2016 4:37:41 PM, TBR wrote:
Democracy at work.

Yea again, what is pissing me off this AM is Clinton supporters passing around the delegate count INCLUDING the super-delegates and playing it as a huge win.

The actual delegate count from last night is EQUAL. When you stack Clinton's supers on it, it is deceptive spin. Any talk of "Bernie supporters are <blah>" I dismiss almost instantaneously. Clinton supporters are running the same crap this time around they did the last, and it makes me dislike HER - the candidate.

http://www.c-span.org...

Are any of us that are sane surprised that a criminal is winning an election only because of a coin toss, or rather, winning all six coin tosses, the most improbable of chances?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:57:26 PM
At 2/2/2016 7:52:06 PM, stealspell wrote:

Are any of us that are sane surprised that a criminal is winning an election only because of a coin toss, or rather, winning all six coin tosses, the most improbable of chances?

Hillary dodged the bullet!.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:01:35 PM
At 2/2/2016 7:57:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

We will see, but I don't think with a .4% margin (including wins by coin toss) anyone is buying the narrative that she "won" anything. She was crazy dedicated to Iowa this cycle, and this was the best she could do. That is not saying much.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:02:52 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:01:35 PM, TBR wrote:

We will see, but I don't think with a .4% margin (including wins by coin toss) anyone is buying the narrative that she "won" anything. She was crazy dedicated to Iowa this cycle, and this was the best she could do. That is not saying much.

You could say the same thing about Cruz.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:04:08 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:02:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

You could say the same thing about Cruz.

Well.... I think you could. As I said else where, on the Republican side the looser was Trump, the winner Rubio.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:07:45 PM
Democracy at work.

This is why I will NEVER vote for $hillary
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:08:28 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:05:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
OMFG. Hillary's not a criminal. Get over it. That's about the only nice thing I can say for her.

No she is not. However, to dismiss that shenanigans happen in these things all the time is not crazy talk, it does happen.

Its a matter of ethics not criminality
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:10:35 PM

If I had 22 top secret emails on my computer and the FBI knew about it, I'm pretty sure I would be in jail right now, let's be perfectly honest. Elizabeth Warren called her out, indirectly, in a tweet. If she's not indicted our system is very, very corrupt and it is more the reason why we can't just sit back in despair and let them control us. We need to fight with Bernie. A vote for Clinton is a vote for the billionaire class.

https://www.youtube.com...

Ducking under sniper-fire is my favorite :)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:19:12 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:10:35 PM, stealspell wrote:

If I had 22 top secret emails on my computer and the FBI knew about it, I'm pretty sure I would be in jail right now, let's be perfectly honest. Elizabeth Warren called her out, indirectly, in a tweet. If she's not indicted our system is very, very corrupt and it is more the reason why we can't just sit back in despair and let them control us. We need to fight with Bernie. A vote for Clinton is a vote for the billionaire class.

Look. The email thing is a tempest in a teapot, but that does not mean it is going to go away. What it showed to me was a really piss-poor judgment, not criminal intent. The less generous voter (independent/moderate) will see it as more than I do. It is a negative, and one that Clinton and Clinton supporters must not ignore. Again, I am happy to just let it go, others will not give that a pass.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:32:51 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:19:12 PM, TBR wrote:

Look. The email thing is a tempest in a teapot, but that does not mean it is going to go away. What it showed to me was a really piss-poor judgment, not criminal intent. The less generous voter (independent/moderate) will see it as more than I do. It is a negative, and one that Clinton and Clinton supporters must not ignore. Again, I am happy to just let it go, others will not give that a pass.

She deliberately asked her aides to remove the classified marking on documents and send it to unsecured. Her server experienced several cyber attacks. I think this goes well beyond just "piss-poor judgment".
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:39:11 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:32:51 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/2/2016 8:19:12 PM, TBR wrote:

She deliberately asked her aides to remove the classified marking on documents and send it to unsecured.
We have absolutly no proof of this.

Her server experienced several cyber attacks.
This is speculation, I have seen no proof of this either.

I think this goes well beyond just "piss-poor judgment".
I don't. She sure as he11 should have known better, but that is about the extent of it.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:11:24 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:39:11 PM, TBR wrote:
She deliberately asked her aides to remove the classified marking on documents and send it to unsecured.

It was reported last month from one of the emails that were released to the public.

http://hotair.com...

It's not speculation.

http://www.usatoday.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:19:29 PM
At 2/2/2016 9:11:24 PM, stealspell wrote:

It was reported last month from one of the emails that were released to the public.

Well, if you look, you will see that HRC was not copied on the first where they discuss the issue. She is only included in the update regarding the delay.

It's not speculation.

This may be true, however for anyone who has managed a email server before knows, they are "attacked" every single day. Most often to get an open-relay. That is, turn them into spam machines.

Again, I don't want to spend any time "defending" her. Let the die-hard Clinton supporters do that. I have had my fill of attempting to stand-up for her.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:31:22 PM
At 2/2/2016 9:19:29 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, if you look, you will see that HRC was not copied on the first where they discuss the issue. She is only included in the update regarding the delay.

What are you saying? Somebody doctored the emails?

It's not speculation.

This may be true, however for anyone who has managed a email server before knows, they are "attacked" every single day. Most often to get an open-relay. That is, turn them into spam machines.

Again, I don't want to spend any time "defending" her. Let the die-hard Clinton supporters do that. I have had my fill of attempting to stand-up for her.

It seems obvious to me she put broke the law and put government secrets at huge risk. Anyone can speculate about the severity of cyber attacks or other things in order to defend her. That's why we have to wait for the FBI to conclude its investigation. I think she will face an indictment. I just hope it's not too late. However, frankly, I think it's impossible for anyone to defend her at this point because she so clearly broke federal law. What I find baffling is Hillary supporters who stand up for her in general when she has lied so many times for political gain.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:38:17 PM
At 2/2/2016 9:31:22 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:19:29 PM, TBR wrote:

What are you saying? Somebody doctored the emails?

No. I am saying she asked for some documents. They were going back and forth about the "problem" getting the documents to their boss, Clinton. She was NOT included on the email where the "why" it is a problem is discussed, she is only included later when "when" is i going to be resolved is discussed.

It's not speculation.

It seems obvious to me she put broke the law and put government secrets at huge risk. Anyone can speculate about the severity of cyber attacks or other things in order to defend her. That's why we have to wait for the FBI to conclude its investigation. I think she will face an indictment. I just hope it's not too late. However, frankly, I think it's impossible for anyone to defend her at this point because she so clearly broke federal law. What I find baffling is Hillary supporters who stand up for her in general when she has lied so many times for political gain.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:44:48 PM
At 2/2/2016 9:38:17 PM, TBR wrote:
No. I am saying she asked for some documents. They were going back and forth about the "problem" getting the documents to their boss, Clinton. She was NOT included on the email where the "why" it is a problem is discussed, she is only included later when "when" is i going to be resolved is discussed.

But she specifically instructed the aide to demark documents. That raises suspicions of her defense that she never received emails that were marked classified.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:02:00 PM
At 2/2/2016 9:44:48 PM, stealspell wrote:

But she specifically instructed the aide to demark documents. That raises suspicions of her defense that she never received emails that were marked classified.

No. Look again. Who asked for that? Not Clinton.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:03:04 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:02:00 PM, TBR wrote:

No, wait. She IS the first one to mention "make into paper". OK. Fair enough
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:15:49 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:03:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/2/2016 10:02:00 PM, TBR wrote:

No, wait. She IS the first one to mention "make into paper". OK. Fair enough

No problem. I thought there was something you weren't seeing :)