innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 10:54:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://online.wsj.com...
http://www.transparency.org...

I'm wondering if Russia's current state of corruption is really all that much different from their past state of corruption, but merely has greater exposure.

I'm also questioning the generous score that Mexico received. It is by far the most corrupt country in our hemisphere, and that includes Venezuela.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:29:39 PM
I'm also questioning the generous score that Mexico received. It is by far the most corrupt country in our hemisphere, and that includes Venezuela.:

Mexico is very corrupt but places like Bolivia and Nicaragua are frighteningly corrupt as well. Even a fairly economically prosperous nation like Brazil has corruption problems.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:35:49 PM
The only reason why there is corruption in Mexico is because there is corruption in the United States. The Drug Enforcement Agency is the direct cause for the corruption you talk about. And how couldn't it? Your talking about a department that spends $1B a week on making sure that the market is perfect for drug lords to flourish in Mexico. With our dollars (including quite a bit of my own actually) flowing into the hands of the drug lords, and the DEA to back them, they are overcoming the combined military abilities of the Mexican government. At this point the Mexican government has been corrupted, yes, but that is only the spillage-over from bad policies meant to increase corruption in our own, much more powerful country.
no comment
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:08:32 PM
"Transparency International (TI) defines corruption as the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. This definition encompasses corrupt practices in both the public and private sectors. The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) ranks countries according to perception of corruption in the public sector. The CPI is an aggregate indicator that combines different sources of information about corruption, making it possible to compare countries."

So monarchies should be scoring 100% on the CPI because the country is essentially their private property.

Also the US should score pretty close to 80-95%, since you can trace practically every major government program and expenditure to special interests of corporations and the government itself.

Thats why this is PERCEIVED abuse. This study inadvertently measures how brainwashed people are, or how hidden the corruption is.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 10:00:54 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:08:32 PM, Sieben wrote:
"Transparency International (TI) defines corruption as the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. This definition encompasses corrupt practices in both the public and private sectors. The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) ranks countries according to perception of corruption in the public sector. The CPI is an aggregate indicator that combines different sources of information about corruption, making it possible to compare countries."

So monarchies should be scoring 100% on the CPI because the country is essentially their private property.

Also the US should score pretty close to 80-95%, since you can trace practically every major government program and expenditure to special interests of corporations and the government itself.

Thats why this is PERCEIVED abuse. This study inadvertently measures how brainwashed people are, or how hidden the corruption is.

*like*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LDbetch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 10:43:07 PM
UMM... dont you think that that is kind of controversal? because what you are saying is that Russia does not give a sh*t about the US, correct? and that it will lead to corruption? Yeahh... thats wrong because take a f*cking look around... WE ARE ALREADY IN CORRUPTION, BIOTCH. :D

CASE WON AND DONE
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:35:01 AM
In Soviet Russia officials bribe you!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 6:22:50 AM
At 10/31/2010 10:43:07 PM, LDbetch wrote:
UMM... dont you think that that is kind of controversal? because what you are saying is that Russia does not give a sh*t about the US, correct? and that it will lead to corruption? Yeahh... thats wrong because take a f*cking look around... WE ARE ALREADY IN CORRUPTION, BIOTCH. :D

CASE WON AND DONE

What? I don't even......... Is there a coherent thought in any of that which i might be missing?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 7:23:41 AM
At 11/1/2010 5:35:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
In Soviet Russia officials bribe you!

That's any welfare state with voters.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 12:10:00 AM
At 11/1/2010 6:22:50 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/31/2010 10:43:07 PM, LDbetch wrote:

CASE WON AND DONE

What? I don't even......... Is there a coherent thought in any of that which i might be missing?

No, just an illiterate troll.
no comment