Jump to topic:

Is Cruz promoting theocracy?

j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:34:45 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Cruz has continually spoke about his God, and how it is that his God is needed to turn the nation back to its roots so that it can be a Christian nation once again. Is he lying? I wonder, since our nation is clearly a secularist nation, or, a nation without a God being part of it's laws or politics.
What say you?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 1:38:38 AM
At 2/3/2016 1:34:45 AM, j50wells wrote:
Cruz has continually spoke about his God, and how it is that his God is needed to turn the nation back to its roots so that it can be a Christian nation once again. Is he lying? I wonder, since our nation is clearly a secularist nation, or, a nation without a God being part of it's laws or politics.
What say you?

hes not promoting theocracy hes just pandering to evangelicals to sucker them into voting for him
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:40:04 AM
At 2/3/2016 1:38:38 AM, imabench wrote:
What say you?

hes not promoting theocracy hes just pandering to evangelicals to sucker them into voting for him
I don't know if I agree with you. If you looked at his track record it is evident that he truly believes this stuff. I used to be a fundamentalist. I'm glad I finally saw the truth. In fundamentalism, Christians go to these huge gatherings in which there are prayers, music, and brainwashing. Cruz has been a part of this for many years. I think that he really does believe what he says.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:09:45 AM
Republicans have to pander to the religious. This is so seethrough it isn't even funny. You'd have to worry about a theocracy with Huckabee, not Cruz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:11:28 AM
At 2/3/2016 2:40:04 AM, j50wells wrote:
At 2/3/2016 1:38:38 AM, imabench wrote:
What say you?

I don't know if I agree with you. If you looked at his track record it is evident that he truly believes this stuff. I used to be a fundamentalist. I'm glad I finally saw the truth. In fundamentalism, Christians go to these huge gatherings in which there are prayers, music, and brainwashing. Cruz has been a part of this for many years. I think that he really does believe what he says.

Ofcourse he has been involved in it for years. The first step in becoming a politician is joining a large step. Well it's the second step, but it's up there
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:46:24 PM
What say you?

Many a politician have done the same. Judeo-Christian values are pretty well aligned with Constitutional values. Based on what Cruz has said so far, he isn't going to be forcing Americans to profess "we are Christians". What he is doing is spouting constitutional conservatism is better, which has connections with Christianity; so it is not surprising to hear that type of speech.