Jump to topic:

Trump reportedly likely to sue Ted Cruz

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:23:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Donald Trump has accused Ted Cruz of voter fraud for spreading a rumor that Carson would drop out of the race and that his supporters should switch their support to him as the other uber-Christian candidate - a rumor that was indeed false.

"I probably will," Trump said on Boston Herald Radio when asked if he would bring the matter to court, as first reported by BuzzFeed News.

Cruz, who took first place in Iowa, apologized to Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson on Tuesday for rumors before the Iowa caucuses had finished that the retired neurosurgeon would drop out of the race, calling it a "mistake."

Trump called it "one of the most disgusting things I"ve ever seen."

"What he did is unthinkable," he continued. "He said the man has left the race and he said it during the caucus. And then when clarification was put out by Ben Carson saying it"s untrue, they got a statement and they didn"t put it out."

http://thehill.com...

Thoughts on that?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:37:24 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:23:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Donald Trump has accused Ted Cruz of voter fraud for spreading a rumor that Carson would drop out of the race and that his supporters should switch their support to him as the other uber-Christian candidate - a rumor that was indeed false.

"I probably will," Trump said on Boston Herald Radio when asked if he would bring the matter to court, as first reported by BuzzFeed News.

Cruz, who took first place in Iowa, apologized to Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson on Tuesday for rumors before the Iowa caucuses had finished that the retired neurosurgeon would drop out of the race, calling it a "mistake."

"What he did is unthinkable," he continued. "He said the man has left the race and he said it during the caucus. And then when clarification was put out by Ben Carson saying it"s untrue, they got a statement and they didn"t put it out."

Thoughts on that?

Where are all the republicans who b1tch about the litigious nature of America?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:44:31 PM

Thoughts on that?

If its true that Cruz tried to pull that on Carson and Carson holds a grudge, then when Carson drops out he'll likely endorse Trump. That could be a huge a** problem for Cruz since a lot of his supporters were once backing Carson, and Carson endorsing Trump could torpedo any momentum Cruz has late in the race
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 10:58:48 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:44:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Thoughts on that?

If its true that Cruz tried to pull that on Carson and Carson holds a grudge, then when Carson drops out he'll likely endorse Trump. That could be a huge a** problem for Cruz since a lot of his supporters were once backing Carson, and Carson endorsing Trump could torpedo any momentum Cruz has late in the race

Now we only need to catch Hillary with the hand in the jar, and the implosion of crony America will be complete.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 6:20:20 AM

Thoughts on that?

There are few things I would enjoy more than seeing Trump's lawyers inundate Ted Cruz with litigation. And I mean that, too. It would bring such happiness and joy to my heart...

Trump is a very smart man, and he has a lot of money and weight to throw around.

That money and weight would be best used on lawyers to attack his opponent, not ads. He can get the media to advertise for him, after all.

Trump should force Cruz to get the question of his eligibility before a court, and should sue Cruz for anything and everything else that is conceivable.
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:27:14 PM
Lmfao.

Trump doesn't really have credibility on threats of lawsuit. Didn't he threaten to sue both Rosie O'Donnell and Bill Maher?

This is hilarious, though. The guy's a fcking child.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 12:34:01 PM
At 2/4/2016 12:27:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Lmfao.

Trump doesn't really have credibility on threats of lawsuit. Didn't he threaten to sue both Rosie O'Donnell and Bill Maher?

+1
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 1:18:40 PM

Thoughts on that?

Trump is melting down. He is showing his true colors.

He will have to sue Rubio also, as the Rubio campaign released a similar update.

Also note Carson saw a 2% increased over his expected vote.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 8:28:40 PM
At 2/3/2016 10:44:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Thoughts on that?

I will be very happy when that happens.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 8:37:34 PM
Lmfao.

Agreed. This all makes Ted Cruz look really good--if he would intentionally spread lies to hurt the campaign of someone as kind and gentle as Ben Carson imagine how hard he would be on America's enemies!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 8:43:14 PM
Trump is such a fvcking child.

Children don't know how to properly utilize the tools they're given--any campaign could've used the fact that Carson was going home to relax for a few days as a tool to spread rumors that he was dropping out and steal his votes. Only Ted Cruz was mature enough to do so
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 8:48:28 PM
The concept of suing Ted Cruz because his eligibility is an unsettled question is absurd and undemocratic. It's a dirty trick.

In other news, Ted Cruz just pioneered an absolutely brilliant new campaign strategy--make up a rumor about your opponent dropping out minutes before the vote begins when he has no opportunity to defend himself! I'm sure there won't be any backlash to this. Hillary is in TROUBLE come November
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 8:49:41 PM
Look how angry Carl Rove and Bill O'Reilly are lol. Stupid Trump shills
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:11:32 PM
At 2/4/2016 1:18:40 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

Thoughts on that?

He will have to sue Rubio also, as the Rubio campaign released a similar update.

What is hilarious is that Trump supporters totally get it. Trump knows how to get the attention of the media and he uses it. He even mentioned this in a book he wrote all the way back in 1987. (The Art of a the Deal.)

What's even more hilarious, is the media doesn't get it....every time they bite, or twist, Trumps poll numbers go up, up up!. He knows what he's doing!

His statements that get all the attention are all part of his success.

And nobody can argue that he isn't successful....he's achieved more than anyone on these forums....I'm fairly certain of that.

The man is a genius!

And the ones who want to call him a child or stupid...well I'd check myself if I were you...lol

Trump will make this country:

"Bigger and better and stronger."

He will, "Make America great again."

Trump will make sure "our vets are well taken care of."

And yes, you guessed it, he will, "build a wall."
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 10:19:06 PM
Lmfao.

What are you talking about. He DID sue Maher, and would have sued O'Donnell if they did not make nice.

He is a sawsuit junky.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 11:03:06 PM
At 2/4/2016 10:11:32 PM, be_diligent wrote:

Thoughts on that?

What is hilarious is that Trump supporters totally get it. Trump knows how to get the attention of the media and he uses it. He even mentioned this in a book he wrote all the way back in 1987. (The Art of a the Deal.)

What's even more hilarious, is the media doesn't get it....every time they bite, or twist, Trumps poll numbers go up, up up!. He knows what he's doing!

And nobody can argue that he isn't successful....he's achieved more than anyone on these forums....I'm fairly certain of that.

The man is a genius!

And the ones who want to call him a child or stupid...well I'd check myself if I were you...lol

Is Trump actually a genius or are people stupid?

My vote is the latter.

The Trumpettes are no different than dumbies who voted for Obama. We like shiny objects and if you don't you are a racist or a hater.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:22:07 AM
At 2/4/2016 11:03:06 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

Thoughts on that?

The man is a genius!

My vote is the latter.

The Trumpettes are no different than dumbies who voted for Obama. We like shiny objects and if you don't you are a racist or a hater.

Naw, the ones who are stupid are the ones who keep voting for the same garbage over and over again.

I read an article by a guy today who said that some people where he works were talking about the election. They were going on and on about Hillary Clinton and how great she is. So he asked them, "what are her policies," they all looked at him with blank faces, and one finally said, "She's a woman, it'll be cool to have a woman in office."

Yep...that's the mentality of those who just want the same ole same ole...

So, who are you voting for and what's his or her policies?

By the way, calling a person a racist without actually looking into what was said is slander.

You should be more careful about that....really.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:25:06 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:22:07 AM, be_diligent wrote:

Thoughts on that?

The man is a genius!

My vote is the latter.

Naw, the ones who are stupid are the ones who keep voting for the same garbage over and over again.

I read an article by a guy today who said that some people where he works were talking about the election. They were going on and on about Hillary Clinton and how great she is. So he asked them, "what are her policies," they all looked at him with blank faces, and one finally said, "She's a woman, it'll be cool to have a woman in office."

By the way, calling a person a racist without actually looking into what was said is slander.

Here's someone who really knows what he's talking about. Pay attention Robkwoods.

He brings it all to the table, and isn't just some random accuser.

https://www.youtube.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:28:23 AM
At 2/4/2016 10:19:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Lmfao.

What are you talking about. He DID sue Maher, and would have sued O'Donnell if they did not make nice.

He is a sawsuit junky.

That's not what I recall: his lawyer sent Maher a letter, and the case got dropped, if I'm not mistaken. It was an empty threat. And when did Trump and O'Donnell make nice?

I mean, you could be right, but both of those -- ESPECIALLY re: O'Donnell -- seem really fishy to me.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:29:24 AM
At 2/4/2016 8:37:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
Lmfao.

Agreed. This all makes Ted Cruz look really good--if he would intentionally spread lies to hurt the campaign of someone as kind and gentle as Ben Carson imagine how hard he would be on America's enemies!

lmfao.

DDO's Economics Messiah
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:35:21 AM
Lmfao.

There's YYW's reply, which was mature and well thought out, and then there's this...
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:36:57 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:35:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Lmfao.

There's YYW's reply, which was mature and well thought out, and then there's this...

Lollollol.

Zero fcks, dude.

DDO's Economics Messiah
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:39:38 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:28:23 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 2/4/2016 10:19:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Lmfao.

He is a sawsuit junky.

That's not what I recall: his lawyer sent Maher a letter, and the case got dropped, if I'm not mistaken. It was an empty threat. And when did Trump and O'Donnell make nice?

No, he filed the suit. It was dropped, but he filled it.
http://www.eonline.com...
"The lawsuit was withdrawn to be amended and refiled at a later date."

I mean, you could be right, but both of those -- ESPECIALLY re: O'Donnell -- seem really fishy to me.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:40:37 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:39:38 AM, TBR wrote:

Yeah, I just looked it up. That notwithstanding, it seemed like a bluff. I'm more surprised about O'Donnell.

DDO's Economics Messiah
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:42:27 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:40:37 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Yeah, I just looked it up. That notwithstanding, it seemed like a bluff. I'm more surprised about O'Donnell.

Point is, the guy sues everyone. And he does it over childish taunts. Is he going to be sueing the American people when they mock him as president?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:45:08 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:42:27 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/5/2016 12:40:37 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Point is, the guy sues everyone. And he does it over childish taunts. Is he going to be sueing the American people when they mock him as president?

Exactly -- and that was the point I was raising, and I think it's underscored by the fact that he dropped the suit against Maher where he obviously had zero standing in court: the guy is all talk and no action and only values people insofar as they kiss his ars.

But I guess pointing that out, to bball, is "immature."

DDO's Economics Messiah
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:52:49 AM

Thoughts on that?

The man is a genius!

My vote is the latter.

I am voting for Cruz in the primaries. He has the most constitutional conservative position.
In the general, I will vote for the Republican candidate because Hillary belongs in jail and Sanders is bat sh1t crazy.

I Agree

Also not sure to what you are referring.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 12:56:29 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:25:06 AM, be_diligent wrote:

Thoughts on that?

The man is a genius!

My vote is the latter.

Here's someone who really knows what he's talking about. Pay attention Robkwoods.

He brings it all to the table, and isn't just some random accuser.

https://www.youtube.com...

I listen to Stefan all the time. His love for trump is surprising.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 1:18:47 AM
At 2/5/2016 12:52:49 AM, Robkwoods wrote:

Thoughts on that?

The man is a genius!

My vote is the latter.

I am voting for Cruz in the primaries. He has the most constitutional conservative position.
In the general, I will vote for the Republican candidate because Hillary belongs in jail and Sanders is bat sh1t crazy.

I Agree

Also not sure to what you are referring.

How interesting, Obama was considered an expert in constitutional law too. In fact he taught courses on the subject.

http://www.factcheck.org...

He passed "Obama Care," and although the supreme court ruled it "constitutional," many argue that it is not.

http://www.nationalreview.com...

"[I] think it raises very serious constitutional questions of the kind that Ted Cruz should be interested in," Dershowitz said. "Could you imagine Hamilton and Madison sitting around and drafting the Constitution and The Federalist Papers? They"re talking about how the government has to pay its debts, how it has to secure the credit of the United States, how the House of Representatives has to originate bills on revenue. Nobody in a million years would have contemplated the power of Congress to shut down the government, to create doubts about our creditworthiness. I think you can make a very strong argument that what Ted Cruz is doing is deeply unconstitutional. Whether a court would accept that or say it"s a political question is another issue. But Cruz is a principled man. He ought to look at the Constitution and look into his heart and ask himself, "What would Alexander Hamilton have done?""

Read more: http://dailycaller.com...

Ted Cruz supports Obama Care...

Same policies as the current president, only difference is the name.