Jump to topic:

Endorsements I wanna see

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 3:56:31 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Most people on here seem to already have made up their minds about who they will support, and wouldnt sink too much care into endorsements candidates get from other people. I admit to being one of them. However I am still very intrigued to see who gets endorsements from certain people, and am asking which people YOU would like to see give an endorsement. Here are mine:

Joe Biden:

The guy I originally would have rooted for to jump into the race, Biden is more of a wild card then Obama, who has already said he would not endorse anyone until the general election. Biden could possibly give an endorsement during the primaries though, and which candidate he endorses could get a heck of a boost from it since Biden did carry 18% of the vote at one point before backing out of the contest completely. People who have doubts about Hillary or Bernie could easily be persuaded into supporting one of them if good old Uncle Joe gave them a warm endorsement

Elizabeth Warren:

The progressive Senator that hard leftists, and even centrist democrats as well, really wanted to run against Hillary, Warren has also stayed out of the race like Biden, but hasnt ruled out waiting until the general election to give an endorsement like Obama. An endorsement by her, especially this early in the race, would be a huge blow to whichever candidate ends up with the short stick, but who she leans towards has been a mystery since she has warm relations with both candidates. She has also teased an endorsement post-iowa, which would mean any day now if that checks out. She is the only female democratic senator not to endorse Clinton yet, but her endorsement seems to carry more weight than all of those others combined

Oprah:

Oprah's endorsement of Obama in 2008 over Hillary gave Obama a huge and much needed momentum boost to eventually become the nominee, and she could do it again now in 2016.... With a single tweet she sent weight watchers stock up 20%, an endorsement just might do the same with whichever candidate she endorses, because Oprah is still a powerhouse when it comes to rallying the public

Mitt Romney:

The 2012 2nd place finisher in the general election, I admit to being eager to find out which candidate he supports this time around in the GOP side of the race. Many republicans might not like Romney for losing in 2012, or for being 'establishment', but you can bet that there are some moderates still uneasy about who to support who would be swayed by a Romney endorsement. Rubio or Jeb would receive a Romney endorsement with open arms, especially soon considering how packed the field still is.

Colin Powell:

The Republican Secretary of State under Bush actually broke rank and endorsed Obama in both 2008 and in 2012. To see if he sticks with a Democrat or backs a Republican will be a very interesting sight to watch, as he is the highest ranking Republican anything to endorse Obama both times in the last two elections yet still remain a Republican. His ties/stigma of being in the George W cabinet though may be a liability to whoever he endorses, but to see who he picks would still be interesting nonetheless

Condoleezza Rice:

The other Secretary of State under Bush, she too broke rank and endorsed Obama in 2008 like Powell did, but then doubled back and in 2012 endorsed Romney. She too like Powell has an endorsement that might be a mixed blessing due to ties/stigma from George W, but she still is a powerful voice for undecided moderates who look back to the Bush years with good memories.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:20:56 AM
At 2/4/2016 3:56:31 AM, imabench wrote:
Joe Biden:

75% chance for Sanders

Elizabeth Warren:

60% chance for Sanders

Oprah:

60% chance for Clinton

Mitt Romney:

Depends on NH results. If Rubio finishes second, then Rubio. But if Kasich finishes second, he might hold off a while.

Colin Powell:

Not Trump, Carson, Rubio, or Cruz.

Condoleezza Rice:

Clinton
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:22:48 AM
At 2/4/2016 4:20:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Joe Biden:

75% chance for Sanders

What makes you say that? I know he and Hillary arent exactly best buds but I dont see Biden swinging that far to the left for Sanders. Id put it at around 40%
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:23:38 AM
First, I think the general public cares little too, but I am intrested. Soo...

Joe Biden:
Love the guy. My son got to meet him about 2 years ago. Got him to say "Hello Mr. Mice President". That is my son said that, not Joe.

Wanted hime over Sanders or Clinton

He will endorse Sanders.

Elizabeth Warren:
SOOOOO wanted her over Sanders or Clinton. She just kicks some a$$.

She will endorse Sanders.

Oprah:
Don't care. Trivia, I lived down the street from her in Monticito CA. I lived in a rented house on a incredibly rich guys hunk of land.

Anyway, she will go for Clinton

Mitt Romney:
Who?

Colin Powell:
No idea. I can't see him thinking anything about anyone on that side. He is actually a smart guy that caught on the stupid side of history.

Condoleezza Rice:
What? I hope she is lying in a ditch with a dirty heroin needle in her arm!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:28:49 AM
Elizabeth Warren:

I would have quit my job, driven from state to state with my wife, child and old pointer (and cat) in a VW bus supporting Warren.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:29:16 AM
At 2/4/2016 4:22:48 AM, imabench wrote:
Joe Biden:

75% chance for Sanders

What makes you say that? I know he and Hillary arent exactly best buds but I dont see Biden swinging that far to the left for Sanders. Id put it at around 40%

He's centre-left - a kind of between the two, maybe slightly towards Hillary. He was asked about her a couple months ago, and he gave a sort of backhanded comment on her consistency with some progressive issues, and he regrets not running. I don't think he is very comfortable with Clinton becoming President, and this is the exact type of obnoxious Biden move I'd expect.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:30:13 AM
At 2/4/2016 4:28:49 AM, TBR wrote:
Elizabeth Warren:

I would have quit my job, driven from state to state with my wife, child and old pointer (and cat) in a VW bus supporting Warren.

I always preferred Bernie, but Warren was my second choice for the leftist candidate.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:33:55 AM
At 2/4/2016 4:23:38 AM, TBR wrote:
Joe Biden:
Love the guy. My son got to meet him about 2 years ago. Got him to say "Hello Mr. Mice President". That is my son said that, not Joe.

I too met Joe when he came here to campaign for Obama 7 years ago. He's a good guy.

Elizabeth Warren will endorse Bernie but it's unknown when. Biden will probably endorse Bernie much later. Just my guess.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:47:11 AM
Elizabeth Warren:

Maybe she'll run in 8 years when she is 74. She certainly doesn't look 66, though, in my opinion - so maybe she won't get the "but she's so old" criticism as often as Sanders has.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:47:18 AM
Condoleezza Rice:

Clinton

Lolno. Coni never actually endorsed Obama, sharply rebuked him in 2012 and disagrees with his entire foreign policy plan at the very least. Why on Earth would she endorse his Secretary of State?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 4:56:17 AM
At 2/4/2016 4:47:18 AM, TN05 wrote:
Condoleezza Rice:

Clinton

Lolno. Coni never actually endorsed Obama, sharply rebuked him in 2012 and disagrees with his entire foreign policy plan at the very least. Why on Earth would she endorse his Secretary of State?

She had great support for Obama's decision to make her Secretary of State.

"Hillary is someone of intelligence and she'll do a great job."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 6:24:23 PM
I would like to see several congressmen and senators endorse Bernie, namely
-John Conyers
-Emmanuel Cleaver
-Luis Gutierrez
-Barbara Lee
-Ron Wyden
-Elizabeth Warren
-Barbara Boxer
-Al Franken
-Sherrod Brown
-Ruben Gallego
-Jared Huffman
-Mark DeSaulnier
-Mike Honda
-Sam Farr
-Ted Lieu
-Alan Greyson
-Maxine Waters
-Frederica Wilson
-Hank Johnson
-John Lewis
-Danny K. Davis
-Andr" Carson
-Dave Loebsack
-Chellie Pingree
-Donna Edwards
-Jim McGovern
-Peter DeFazio
-Chaka Fattah
-Matt Cartwright
-Jim McDermott
-Gwen Moore
-Eleanor Holmes Norton

There are also a few activists, organizations and unions I think should endorse Bernie.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 6:25:22 PM
At 2/4/2016 4:47:18 AM, TN05 wrote:
Condoleezza Rice:

Clinton

Clinton is Pro-Choice, and so is Condie
Plus War Criminals got to stick together!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 6:30:14 PM
Elizabeth Warren:

I didn't know you were evil.