Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

U.S policy and culture towards immigrants

tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:06:46 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

*What country do you believe handles has the best policies toward immigrants?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.
"Change your sig."
~YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:15:17 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.

Canada is pretty good too. I'd say they are on par with each other. Along with New Zealand.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:20:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

Yeah, the US and Canada are probably the most welcoming of immigrants, considering that they're both quite a bit younger than Europe.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:21:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:20:09 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

Yeah, the US and Canada are probably the most welcoming of immigrants, considering that they're both quite a bit younger than Europe.

New Zealand is pretty good too I have heard.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:01:40 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.

The question of "Who has the better immigration policies" is much to vast a topic to simply state "Canada does it a little better. Quite better." There are many massive pros and cons with each nation's policies; what I CAN state in a generic manner is what BOTH nations are utterly failing at today.

Both are:

1) Failing to enact and/or enforce both legal and illegal immigration policies, practices, laws, etc. in order to regulate incoming immigrant population flow with current economic status and short-term/long-term growth projections.

2) Failing to uphold national laws regarding illegal immigration, undocumented worked, visa overstays, etc.
3) Failing to deport illegals as is mandated by law

4) Failing to properly track legal immigrants with temporary or any way less than permanent status

5) Failing to properly and fully vet refugees prior to admittance into the nation as a legal refugee

6) Most importantly --> Both have MANY government officials and parties who are actively and very publicly placing their own selfishness in securing votes, winning elections, gaining/keeping power, gaining/keeping wealth, etc. over the welfare, safety and well-being of their current citizen population.

Thoughts?
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:21:48 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 4:01:40 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
The question of "Who has the better immigration policies" is much to vast a topic to simply state "Canada does it a little better. Quite better." There are many massive pros and cons with each nation's policies; what I CAN state in a generic manner is what BOTH nations are utterly failing at today.

Both are:

1) Failing to enact and/or enforce both legal and illegal immigration policies, practices, laws, etc. in order to regulate incoming immigrant population flow with current economic status and short-term/long-term growth projections.

2) Failing to uphold national laws regarding illegal immigration, undocumented worked, visa overstays, etc.
3) Failing to deport illegals as is mandated by law

4) Failing to properly track legal immigrants with temporary or any way less than permanent status

5) Failing to properly and fully vet refugees prior to admittance into the nation as a legal refugee

6) Most importantly --> Both have MANY government officials and parties who are actively and very publicly placing their own selfishness in securing votes, winning elections, gaining/keeping power, gaining/keeping wealth, etc. over the welfare, safety and well-being of their current citizen population.

Thoughts?

Uh yes, you state "both," when it's obvious that Canada doesn't have a problem illegal immigrants in the first place.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:23:05 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The United States is extremely diverse. There's people of various religions, race, nationality, culture, etc. The factor that made us all come together was desire for freedom, liberty, and the American dream. This is changing now that people feel the need to import unwanted numbers of immigrants who do not assimilate as their views are so radically different than that of our own.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:23:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.

That's because of their welfare state and the denouncement of all anti-immigrant speech to be hate speech. You get bullied out of anything if you denounce multiculturalism in Canada.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:25:06 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 4:23:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.

That's because of their welfare state and the denouncement of all anti-immigrant speech to be hate speech. You get bullied out of anything if you denounce multiculturalism in Canada.

Quebec was the only province that reached a level of 70% where individuals stated that "reasonable accommodations" should be made for illegal immigrants rather than simply deporting them.

See, Canada welcomes you. (or at least Quebec)

http://en.wikipedia.org...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:29:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 4:25:06 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/7/2016 4:23:44 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:12:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

I'd say Canada does it a little better. Quite better.

That's because of their welfare state and the denouncement of all anti-immigrant speech to be hate speech. You get bullied out of anything if you denounce multiculturalism in Canada.

Quebec was the only province that reached a level of 70% where individuals stated that "reasonable accommodations" should be made for illegal immigrants rather than simply deporting them.

See, Canada welcomes you. (or at least Quebec)

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Currently Canada is going through a phase (that hopefully will end) with the coronation of Justin Trudeau. It won't be a good time for Canada in the next couple of years, at least not for the true Canadians that value their sovereignty and culture, and have some national pride.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:31:12 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 4:21:48 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 2/7/2016 4:01:40 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
The question of "Who has the better immigration policies" is much to vast a topic to simply state "Canada does it a little better. Quite better." There are many massive pros and cons with each nation's policies; what I CAN state in a generic manner is what BOTH nations are utterly failing at today.

Both are:

1) Failing to enact and/or enforce both legal and illegal immigration policies, practices, laws, etc. in order to regulate incoming immigrant population flow with current economic status and short-term/long-term growth projections.

2) Failing to uphold national laws regarding illegal immigration, undocumented worked, visa overstays, etc.
3) Failing to deport illegals as is mandated by law

4) Failing to properly track legal immigrants with temporary or any way less than permanent status

5) Failing to properly and fully vet refugees prior to admittance into the nation as a legal refugee

6) Most importantly --> Both have MANY government officials and parties who are actively and very publicly placing their own selfishness in securing votes, winning elections, gaining/keeping power, gaining/keeping wealth, etc. over the welfare, safety and well-being of their current citizen population.

Thoughts?

Uh yes, you state "both," when it's obvious that Canada doesn't have a problem illegal immigrants in the first place.

OOOHHHH yes they do. In fact, they are currently arguing over an amnesty bill. Outside of media bias and agendas, the reason we don't hear about it is because in 1984 Canada raised their legal immigration numbers to 84,000 annually....then in 1990 they raised it 250,000 immigrants annually in order to accrue more party votes.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 7:04:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 6:31:12 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
OOOHHHH yes they do. In fact, they are currently arguing over an amnesty bill. Outside of media bias and agendas, the reason we don't hear about it is because in 1984 Canada raised their legal immigration numbers to 84,000 annually....then in 1990 they raised it 250,000 immigrants annually in order to accrue more party votes.

Jesus christ man, you're starting to sound like Ann Coulter. Stop trying to school me on what's going on in my own country. If you can actually prove that there is a problem with illegal immigration go ahead and do it. I don't know what media bias you're talking about because the most right wing paper in the country hasn't said any about this. And I have no idea how you're going to prove the "more immigrants for more party votes" nonsense.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 4:07:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 6:31:12 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 2/7/2016 4:21:48 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 2/7/2016 4:01:40 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
The question of "Who has the better immigration policies" is much to vast a topic to simply state "Canada does it a little better. Quite better." There are many massive pros and cons with each nation's policies; what I CAN state in a generic manner is what BOTH nations are utterly failing at today.

Both are:

1) Failing to enact and/or enforce both legal and illegal immigration policies, practices, laws, etc. in order to regulate incoming immigrant population flow with current economic status and short-term/long-term growth projections.

2) Failing to uphold national laws regarding illegal immigration, undocumented worked, visa overstays, etc.
3) Failing to deport illegals as is mandated by law

4) Failing to properly track legal immigrants with temporary or any way less than permanent status

5) Failing to properly and fully vet refugees prior to admittance into the nation as a legal refugee

6) Most importantly --> Both have MANY government officials and parties who are actively and very publicly placing their own selfishness in securing votes, winning elections, gaining/keeping power, gaining/keeping wealth, etc. over the welfare, safety and well-being of their current citizen population.

Thoughts?

Uh yes, you state "both," when it's obvious that Canada doesn't have a problem illegal immigrants in the first place.

OOOHHHH yes they do. In fact, they are currently arguing over an amnesty bill. Outside of media bias and agendas, the reason we don't hear about it is because in 1984 Canada raised their legal immigration numbers to 84,000 annually....then in 1990 they raised it 250,000 immigrants annually in order to accrue more party votes.

The reason immigrants vote left is not because they want a welfare state. It's because the right is trying so hard to keep them out of the country. Indians, Chinese are more educated statically than Caucasians, so there is no reason for them to prefer a welfare state.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:16:14 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?

Just a sec, let me necropost.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:21:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?

[http://www.debate.org...] Read into this thread a little bit. Thett3 and Mirza say some very true things.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:27:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:21:11 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?

[http://www.debate.org...] Read into this thread a little bit. Thett3 and Mirza say some very true things.

Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:31:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:27:30 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:21:11 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?

[http://www.debate.org...] Read into this thread a little bit. Thett3 and Mirza say some very true things.

Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:32:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:27:30 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

I guess the overarching point is that countries can't be lackadaisical about immigration policy and expect positive results.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:33:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:31:07 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:27:30 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:21:11 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:49 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:14:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:04:27 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What country do you believe hand

I personally believe the U.S is one of the greatest countries when it comes to accepting immigrants. There are so many opportunities available, and the Americans are generally more welcoming to other immigrants. Especially compared to Europe, America is far more welcoming.

Thoughts?

The US is too welcoming, and don't enforce the policies they should.

Why do you say so?

[http://www.debate.org...] Read into this thread a little bit. Thett3 and Mirza say some very true things.

Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.

It's not as bad as people characterize it to be. Most immigrants for the most part are pretty assimilating, with a few exceptions. I do think it's unfair for people who want to have a good life, but are denied access to America. America is the land of immigrants.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:39:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:33:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.

It's not as bad as people characterize it to be. Most immigrants for the most part are pretty assimilating, with a few exceptions. I do think it's unfair for people who want to have a good life, but are denied access to America. America is the land of immigrants.

It is in Europe. [http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org...]
There's also a difference between telling facts in a straight manner, or sugar-coating them to be politically correct. Honestly, when immigration allows too many people of varying and clashing cultures to begin with, you can't expect it to be peachy. It's worrying when you have higher immigrant crime rates than native crime rates. It's not being insensitive when it's fact, it's telling the truth.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 8:46:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:39:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:33:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.

It's not as bad as people characterize it to be. Most immigrants for the most part are pretty assimilating, with a few exceptions. I do think it's unfair for people who want to have a good life, but are denied access to America. America is the land of immigrants.

It is in Europe. [http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org...]
There's also a difference between telling facts in a straight manner, or sugar-coating them to be politically correct. Honestly, when immigration allows too many people of varying and clashing cultures to begin with, you can't expect it to be peachy. It's worrying when you have higher immigrant crime rates than native crime rates. It's not being insensitive when it's fact, it's telling the truth.

Europe is letting in the wrong people in.

There are certain groups and cultures who are a plus to society in America. I don't see Chinese and Indians making issues in Europe.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 11:18:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 8:46:34 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:39:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:33:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.

It's not as bad as people characterize it to be. Most immigrants for the most part are pretty assimilating, with a few exceptions. I do think it's unfair for people who want to have a good life, but are denied access to America. America is the land of immigrants.

It is in Europe. [http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org...]
There's also a difference between telling facts in a straight manner, or sugar-coating them to be politically correct. Honestly, when immigration allows too many people of varying and clashing cultures to begin with, you can't expect it to be peachy. It's worrying when you have higher immigrant crime rates than native crime rates. It's not being insensitive when it's fact, it's telling the truth.

Europe is letting in the wrong people in.

That is precisely my point. Sometimes, the protection of the nation requires restrictive policy that may include profiling. Either way, it is the government's imperative obligation to ensure the safety of its citizens. Immigration is a pivotal role in that duty.

There are certain groups and cultures who are a plus to society in America. I don't see Chinese and Indians making issues in Europe.

That may very well be true. Attracting good immigrants is a good thing; attracting bad immigrants is not. Lackadaisical regulation attracts both, which is also bad because of its inclusion of the "bad" immigrants. This is why reform is necessary to protect the US. Policy needs to be much more restrictive.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 11:36:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 11:18:43 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:46:34 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:39:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 8:33:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Borders separates good cultures from bad ones?

That's very generalized, and misses the broader scope of what was discussed. Basically, too much immigration can result in the uninhibited clash of cultures... which is obviously a bad thing.

It's not as bad as people characterize it to be. Most immigrants for the most part are pretty assimilating, with a few exceptions. I do think it's unfair for people who want to have a good life, but are denied access to America. America is the land of immigrants.

It is in Europe. [http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org...]
There's also a difference between telling facts in a straight manner, or sugar-coating them to be politically correct. Honestly, when immigration allows too many people of varying and clashing cultures to begin with, you can't expect it to be peachy. It's worrying when you have higher immigrant crime rates than native crime rates. It's not being insensitive when it's fact, it's telling the truth.

Europe is letting in the wrong people in.

That is precisely my point. Sometimes, the protection of the nation requires restrictive policy that may include profiling. Either way, it is the government's imperative obligation to ensure the safety of its citizens. Immigration is a pivotal role in that duty.

Wait, America is not some open borders country. Some guy from Iraq can't just come in, he needs to prove he's fit to come to America. I'm saying the process for legal immigrants, whether it's a hassle or not.


There are certain groups and cultures who are a plus to society in America. I don't see Chinese and Indians making issues in Europe.

That may very well be true. Attracting good immigrants is a good thing; attracting bad immigrants is not. Lackadaisical regulation attracts both, which is also bad because of its inclusion of the "bad" immigrants. This is why reform is necessary to protect the US. Policy needs to be much more restrictive.

Well I guess we agree there. But I dont' think I agree with Republicans on their version of immigration reform. The goal is to attract talented individuals into America. Not just make it super hard to enter America.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 11:46:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 11:36:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Europe is letting in the wrong people in.

That is precisely my point. Sometimes, the protection of the nation requires restrictive policy that may include profiling. Either way, it is the government's imperative obligation to ensure the safety of its citizens. Immigration is a pivotal role in that duty.

Wait, America is not some open borders country. Some guy from Iraq can't just come in, he needs to prove he's fit to come to America. I'm saying the process for legal immigrants, whether it's a hassle or not.

What? You're obviously misunderstanding what I'm saying. Obviously illegal immigration is an issue that needs attention, but I'm talking about restrictions for legal immigration as well. We have illegal immigration because legal immigration is not enforced. Reform will remedy that.

There are certain groups and cultures who are a plus to society in America. I don't see Chinese and Indians making issues in Europe.

That may very well be true. Attracting good immigrants is a good thing; attracting bad immigrants is not. Lackadaisical regulation attracts both, which is also bad because of its inclusion of the "bad" immigrants. This is why reform is necessary to protect the US. Policy needs to be much more restrictive.

Well I guess we agree there. But I dont' think I agree with Republicans on their version of immigration reform. The goal is to attract talented individuals into America. Not just make it super hard to enter America.

How does GOP reform neglect to address that? It attracts talented immigrants conducive to public good just as well or better than any liberal proposal. Not to mention, you contradict yourself by saying that we should have strict policy for legal immigration "whether it's a hassle or not" but then saying GOP proposals "just make it super hard."
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 12:50:48 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/7/2016 11:46:21 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/7/2016 11:36:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Europe is letting in the wrong people in.

That is precisely my point. Sometimes, the protection of the nation requires restrictive policy that may include profiling. Either way, it is the government's imperative obligation to ensure the safety of its citizens. Immigration is a pivotal role in that duty.

Wait, America is not some open borders country. Some guy from Iraq can't just come in, he needs to prove he's fit to come to America. I'm saying the process for legal immigrants, whether it's a hassle or not.

What? You're obviously misunderstanding what I'm saying. Obviously illegal immigration is an issue that needs attention, but I'm talking about restrictions for legal immigration as well. We have illegal immigration because legal immigration is not enforced. Reform will remedy that.

We have illegal immigration because our border security needs to be tightened. We also need to look at why we get illegal immigrants and whether they are good for the ecnomy. Since this topic pretty much regards Mexico, I'll focus on them. Illegal immigrants enter the U.S to work low wage jobs, well below the market value, and what Americans would work for. This boost profits for companies, and are actually helping the ecnonomy. Obviously I'm not saying illegal immigration is justified, but I'm saying if they are willing to work low wage jobs, why not just give them citizenship? Keep in mind, most of these jobs, Americans would not even bother doing, so it doesn't effect the unemployment.

There are certain groups and cultures who are a plus to society in America. I don't see Chinese and Indians making issues in Europe.

That may very well be true. Attracting good immigrants is a good thing; attracting bad immigrants is not. Lackadaisical regulation attracts both, which is also bad because of its inclusion of the "bad" immigrants. This is why reform is necessary to protect the US. Policy needs to be much more restrictive.

Well I guess we agree there. But I dont' think I agree with Republicans on their version of immigration reform. The goal is to attract talented individuals into America. Not just make it super hard to enter America.

How does GOP reform neglect to address that? It attracts talented immigrants conducive to public good just as well or better than any liberal proposal. Not to mention, you contradict yourself by saying that we should have strict policy for legal immigration "whether it's a hassle or not" but then saying GOP proposals "just make it super hard."

The GOP reform is to build a border wall, and deport illegals. It also is trying to make legal immigration for everybody harder. I'm saying we don't need to make legal immigration harder overall. The process to make legal immigration should be easier for skilled people.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k