Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Who's your favorite candidate in other Party?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:16:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I tried to put "in the other" but because of the goddamned character limit I could not. Anyway, if you had to choose one candidate from the other Party to be President of the US, who would it be?

My choice: John Kasich

The guy seems legitimately nice, albeit a bit awkward - I don't really care. In a world where politicians tend to be soulless snakes (*cough*Cruz*cough*), it's nice to have someone around who seems to both care and not act like a fat, loud, Italian jackass (exactly what Christie is) or someone who is overhyped on an overly-large dosage of unprescribed Adderall with 10 cups of coffee when giving debate answers, like Rubio (though he seemed utterly broken last debate).

Second, he promotes something revolutionary in US politics - unity and working together. Like, who the fvck does this guy think he is? While Marco Rubio paints Obama as someone who is seriously trying to hurt the country, Governor Kasich says that we all need to come together. It's refreshing.

Lastly, he isn't absolutely insane in his policy.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:38:44 PM
At 2/8/2016 8:16:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I tried to put "in the other" but because of the goddamned character limit I could not. Anyway, if you had to choose one candidate from the other Party to be President of the US, who would it be?

The guy seems legitimately nice, albeit a bit awkward - I don't really care. In a world where politicians tend to be soulless snakes (*cough*Cruz*cough*), it's nice to have someone around who seems to both care and not act like a fat, loud, Italian jackass (exactly what Christie is) or someone who is overhyped on an overly-large dosage of unprescribed Adderall with 10 cups of coffee when giving debate answers, like Rubio (though he seemed utterly broken last debate).

Second, he promotes something revolutionary in US politics - unity and working together. Like, who the fvck does this guy think he is? While Marco Rubio paints Obama as someone who is seriously trying to hurt the country, Governor Kasich says that we all need to come together. It's refreshing.

You know... Now that you mention it, I don't complete hate Kasich. Paul is a OK on a couple issues, if I had to. Rubio... Well, if I must.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:41:04 PM
I ping pong back and forth between Rubio and Kasich
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:46:19 PM
If we're talking about policy substance, I'd pick either Bush or Kasich: their positions are probably the most reasonable, at least amongst this existing batch. (I refuse to pick Trump, because his stance on immigration disqualifies him in my mind as a reasonable person.)

Ignoring the substance, I'll be honest: I fcking love Donald Trump -- and not only because I watched the Apprentice. I hate that he's turned the Republican primary into a reality show -- or at least I did when I was a lukewarm Republican -- but as someone who plans to vote straight-ticket Democrat, I'm fine with him destroying the Republican party.

(And, before thett goes in rage mode, I should clarify that I really mean "destroys the Republican establishment." That's pretty unequivocal. I guess, to destroy the party, he'd have to lose and set the party on a trajectory to continue losing: that's unknown at this point.)
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:24:11 PM
I'd vote Sanders any day over Clinton..
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:26:04 PM
At 2/8/2016 8:16:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

+1

The guy seems legitimately nice, albeit a bit awkward - I don't really care.

Second, he promotes something revolutionary in US politics - unity and working together. Like, who the fvck does this guy think he is?

Agreed.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...