Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Feel The Bern!!!!

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 2:25:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:23:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Shoot, type, I meant *Bern
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 2:26:07 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:25:36 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:23:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Some people just want to watch the world bErn.

Exactly
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 2:29:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I hope that he doesn't get the nomination but I must admit that is probably the single most clever campaign slogan in American presidential election history and it matches the tastes of our meme-obsessed culture perfectly.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.
Sarah314
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 6:04:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Hillary Clinton would be just as bad, if not worse, than Sanders. Sanders is a socialist, but at least he seems to be upfront with his ideas and doesn't go around lying all the time. Email scandals anyone? This is why I wish I could vote Republican this year... Alas, I'll be able to vote next election season.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 6:52:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:23:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FortisAnimi
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:08:46 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 6:52:15 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:23:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

You're just misguided, you'll change your mind when confronted with the bern.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:28:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:08:46 PM, FortisAnimi wrote:
At 2/10/2016 6:52:15 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:23:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

You're just misguided, you'll change your mind when confronted with the bern.

Well believe it or not, according to "Isidewith quiz" I side with Bernie over Kaisch, Christe (now dropped), and Trump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:54:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 6:04:51 PM, Sarah314 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Hillary Clinton would be just as bad, if not worse, than Sanders. Sanders is a socialist, but at least he seems to be upfront with his ideas and doesn't go around lying all the time. Email scandals anyone? This is why I wish I could vote Republican this year... Alas, I'll be able to vote next election season.

You're right that Sanders is passionate about his views; in fact I agree with nearly all of them. I don't think Socialism is a dirty word, and I strongly believe that the US would be much better off in term of human development outcomes if his policies were enacted. Without wanting to give you a lecture, it's also important to realize that American politics is very messy; the nation is quite divided, more so than other developed nations. Therefore, compromise is necessary. Bernie Sanders is only really setting himself and his voters up for disappointment. He will have to compromise and this will alienate his supporters and voters. Hillary Clinton, at least, will be able to get things done. She will compromise and make hard choices.
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security. He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already. If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms. I'm not saying that his reforms are bad, I'm saying that he won't be able to implement them without the support of Congress. One needs to be realistic: compromise is part of American politics.
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 12:35:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 6:04:51 PM, Sarah314 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Hillary Clinton would be just as bad, if not worse, than Sanders. Sanders is a socialist, but at least he seems to be upfront with his ideas and doesn't go around lying all the time. Email scandals anyone? This is why I wish I could vote Republican this year... Alas, I'll be able to vote next election season.

Bernie doesn't seem so corrupt to me. That being said, he is trying to hoodwink the entire nation's youth into believing socialistic tendencies are the answer. Thats pretty sleezy to me.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 3:09:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
#feelthesand
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:22:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:21:34 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:
http://media.spokesman.com...

10/10
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:49:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security.

Well he wasn't the President. He doesn't have the same platform that he has now.

He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already.

That's not true.

If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms.

Bernie has said this time and again. His campaign is not about electing the next President of the United States. It's about a political revolution where millions of people stand up and fight with Bernie. He has said he cannot do it alone. As President he will face enormous obstruction, there's no question. But when millions of people demand change from their Congress, constantly and consistently, change will happen.
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 8:13:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/11/2016 7:49:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security.

Well he wasn't the President. He doesn't have the same platform that he has now.

He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already.

That's not true.

If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms.

Bernie has said this time and again. His campaign is not about electing the next President of the United States. It's about a political revolution where millions of people stand up and fight with Bernie. He has said he cannot do it alone. As President he will face enormous obstruction, there's no question. But when millions of people demand change from their Congress, constantly and consistently, change will happen.

I admire his desire to have a political revolution; but the political revolution can only happen in one way, and in one way only: by amending the Constitution and implementing structural changes to the political institutions of the nation. The notion that millions of people will demand change is a farce; the US is such a diverse nation with opinions on either extreme of the spectrum; people can't simply agree about anything. Don't be swept away by all this talk! That's what happened with Obama. Serious change has to be structural and involves things like: giving the President line-item veto; abolishing government shutdowns; limiting the content of appropriation bills, etc. This is where change will happen, and no one is talking about these things.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 9:04:17 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/11/2016 8:13:06 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/11/2016 7:49:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security.

Well he wasn't the President. He doesn't have the same platform that he has now.

He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already.

That's not true.

If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms.

Bernie has said this time and again. His campaign is not about electing the next President of the United States. It's about a political revolution where millions of people stand up and fight with Bernie. He has said he cannot do it alone. As President he will face enormous obstruction, there's no question. But when millions of people demand change from their Congress, constantly and consistently, change will happen.

I admire his desire to have a political revolution; but the political revolution can only happen in one way, and in one way only: by amending the Constitution and implementing structural changes to the political institutions of the nation.

I agree we have to amend the Constitution and get money out of politics.

The notion that millions of people will demand change is a farce; the US is such a diverse nation with opinions on either extreme of the spectrum; people can't simply agree about anything.

If you look at the polls, the majority of Americans agree with every single one of Bernie's proposals.

Don't be swept away by all this talk! That's what happened with Obama. Serious change has to be structural and involves things like: giving the President line-item veto; abolishing government shutdowns; limiting the content of appropriation bills, etc. This is where change will happen, and no one is talking about these things.

Bernie is different than Obama. Obama is like the establishment version of Bernie. He wanted to bring about change but what he failed to realize is that the system is so corrupt and rigged that it's impossible to bring about fundamental changes that are needed. That's the reason why Bernie says, "If I thought establishment politics can bring about the change we need in this country, I wouldn't be running for President." Bernie is actually shoving all of the corruption into the spotlight and that's finally why the establishment is getting worried. That's why they want Hillary to win because they know the system will continue to benefit them.

Look at any time in American history when major fundamental change happened. It started with ordinary people. It started from the bottom and went on up. We are currently going through a political revolution right now, the problem is many people are still unaware of it. If you listen to the mainstream media you are led to believe that it's just another day at the office and here you have a crazy old socialist fringe candidate who can't possibly win any state and, oh, wait, what's that? He just tied in Iowa, the closest margin in Iowa Caucus history? And he just won by the largest margin in NH since John F. Kennedy? We are in the middle of making American history.
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 10:55:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/11/2016 9:04:17 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 8:13:06 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/11/2016 7:49:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security.

Well he wasn't the President. He doesn't have the same platform that he has now.

He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already.

That's not true.

If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms.

Bernie has said this time and again. His campaign is not about electing the next President of the United States. It's about a political revolution where millions of people stand up and fight with Bernie. He has said he cannot do it alone. As President he will face enormous obstruction, there's no question. But when millions of people demand change from their Congress, constantly and consistently, change will happen.

I admire his desire to have a political revolution; but the political revolution can only happen in one way, and in one way only: by amending the Constitution and implementing structural changes to the political institutions of the nation.

I agree we have to amend the Constitution and get money out of politics.

The notion that millions of people will demand change is a farce; the US is such a diverse nation with opinions on either extreme of the spectrum; people can't simply agree about anything.

If you look at the polls, the majority of Americans agree with every single one of Bernie's proposals.

Don't be swept away by all this talk! That's what happened with Obama. Serious change has to be structural and involves things like: giving the President line-item veto; abolishing government shutdowns; limiting the content of appropriation bills, etc. This is where change will happen, and no one is talking about these things.

Bernie is different than Obama. Obama is like the establishment version of Bernie. He wanted to bring about change but what he failed to realize is that the system is so corrupt and rigged that it's impossible to bring about fundamental changes that are needed. That's the reason why Bernie says, "If I thought establishment politics can bring about the change we need in this country, I wouldn't be running for President." Bernie is actually shoving all of the corruption into the spotlight and that's finally why the establishment is getting worried. That's why they want Hillary to win because they know the system will continue to benefit them.

Look at any time in American history when major fundamental change happened. It started with ordinary people. It started from the bottom and went on up. We are currently going through a political revolution right now, the problem is many people are still unaware of it. If you listen to the mainstream media you are led to believe that it's just another day at the office and here you have a crazy old socialist fringe candidate who can't possibly win any state and, oh, wait, what's that? He just tied in Iowa, the closest margin in Iowa Caucus history? And he just won by the largest margin in NH since John F. Kennedy? We are in the middle of making American history.

I hope this is a political revolution, and I hope that if Bernie does become President, he'll be the next FDR because that's what the US needs at the moment. By the way, I don't have an issue with Sanders' policies; I actually agree with all of them. I like that he's a socialist and I think he's someone who America needs. Unfortunately, past experience has taught me to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Change never happens as fast as some of us want it.
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 10:55:35 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/11/2016 9:04:17 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 8:13:06 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/11/2016 7:49:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/11/2016 12:03:25 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
At 2/10/2016 2:29:07 PM, stealspell wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Bernie has gotten more things passed through Congress than Hillary.

But he didn't get passed through Congress universal healthcare, subsidized education, and the expansion of social security.

Well he wasn't the President. He doesn't have the same platform that he has now.

He only amended/sponsored bills that were mainstream and had the support of the Congress already.

That's not true.

If he has a Republican Congress hell bent on opposing everything he does, there's no way he can implement his reforms.

Bernie has said this time and again. His campaign is not about electing the next President of the United States. It's about a political revolution where millions of people stand up and fight with Bernie. He has said he cannot do it alone. As President he will face enormous obstruction, there's no question. But when millions of people demand change from their Congress, constantly and consistently, change will happen.

I admire his desire to have a political revolution; but the political revolution can only happen in one way, and in one way only: by amending the Constitution and implementing structural changes to the political institutions of the nation.

I agree we have to amend the Constitution and get money out of politics.

The notion that millions of people will demand change is a farce; the US is such a diverse nation with opinions on either extreme of the spectrum; people can't simply agree about anything.

If you look at the polls, the majority of Americans agree with every single one of Bernie's proposals.

Don't be swept away by all this talk! That's what happened with Obama. Serious change has to be structural and involves things like: giving the President line-item veto; abolishing government shutdowns; limiting the content of appropriation bills, etc. This is where change will happen, and no one is talking about these things.

Bernie is different than Obama. Obama is like the establishment version of Bernie. He wanted to bring about change but what he failed to realize is that the system is so corrupt and rigged that it's impossible to bring about fundamental changes that are needed. That's the reason why Bernie says, "If I thought establishment politics can bring about the change we need in this country, I wouldn't be running for President." Bernie is actually shoving all of the corruption into the spotlight and that's finally why the establishment is getting worried. That's why they want Hillary to win because they know the system will continue to benefit them.

Look at any time in American history when major fundamental change happened. It started with ordinary people. It started from the bottom and went on up. We are currently going through a political revolution right now, the problem is many people are still unaware of it. If you listen to the mainstream media you are led to believe that it's just another day at the office and here you have a crazy old socialist fringe candidate who can't possibly win any state and, oh, wait, what's that? He just tied in Iowa, the closest margin in Iowa Caucus history? And he just won by the largest margin in NH since John F. Kennedy? We are in the middle of making American history.

I hope this is a political revolution, and I hope that if Bernie does become President, he'll be the next FDR because that's what the US needs at the moment. By the way, I don't have an issue with Sanders' policies; I actually agree with all of them. I like that he's a socialist and I think he's someone who America needs. Unfortunately, past experience has taught me to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Change never happens as fast as some of us want it.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 3:30:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 4:33:28 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I'm really excited for this, I can't wait when this becomes the new national anthem:
https://m.youtube.com...

Why would our national anthem be in Russia?
And why would we change the current one?
And why would we adopt one with the same tune as Russia's national anthem (not to say its not a great national anthem.)
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 3:36:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 4:33:28 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I'm really excited for this, I can't wait when this becomes the new national anthem:
https://m.youtube.com...

Why would our national anthem be in Russia?
And why would we change the current one?
And why would we adopt one with the same tune as Russia's national anthem (not to say its not a great national anthem, but that one is taken.)
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 4:03:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 2:21:34 AM, FortisAnimi wrote:
http://media.spokesman.com...

Sanders is an awful candidate in a variety of ways. Firstly his socialist position will never win an election in America where the key voters of the centre ground despise socialism. Secondly socialism in my view is another word for economic suicide. It creates a mass exodus of capitol and business due to tax and wage increases, the unsustainable growth of the public sector, an increase in unemployment and the extinction of aspiration creating a lazy over paid workforce with no aspiration to advance their careers. These factors mean recession, high levels of government borrowing and economic catastrophe. I am from the uk but even I would be very concerned about the economic implications on the world stage if he was elected president. Luckily it's not going to happen.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 5:59:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 6:04:51 PM, Sarah314 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 11:53:31 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:
How is he going to pass any of his reforms if he has to face a Republican Congress? This is why I believe Hillary Clinton is more suitable, because she will actually compromise on issues.

Hillary Clinton would be just as bad, if not worse, than Sanders. Sanders is a socialist, but at least he seems to be upfront with his ideas and doesn't go around lying all the time. Email scandals anyone?

Literally the worst reason ever to not support Hillary. The only reason the email scandal is being talked about in the first place is because the GOP werent getting anything out of making a big deal out of Bengazi

This is why I wish I could vote Republican this year... Alas, I'll be able to vote next election season.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015