Jump to topic:

Could it still be Bush?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:18:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Christie announced that he is suspending, Rubio is clearly not ready for prime-time, but Bush still has plenty of cash available and the same insider support he had going in.

Basically, the party hates Cruz and Trump. When people start exiting the stage (now) it could become a one and two between Trump and Bush. Trump has clear sailing for the moment, and I don't expect a serious problem with Cruz, so it is the anti-establishment guy vs whomever is standing in the establishment. That sure look like it could be Bush - my attrition alone.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:38:37 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:18:18 PM, TBR wrote:
Christie announced that he is suspending, Rubio is clearly not ready for prime-time, but Bush still has plenty of cash available and the same insider support he had going in.

Basically, the party hates Cruz and Trump. When people start exiting the stage (now) it could become a one and two between Trump and Bush. Trump has clear sailing for the moment, and I don't expect a serious problem with Cruz, so it is the anti-establishment guy vs whomever is standing in the establishment. That sure look like it could be Bush - my attrition alone.

I don't think he has it in him to take advantage of the situation.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:40:42 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:38:37 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Low energy.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:44:08 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:40:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Low energy.

At least he isn't a pvssy.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:47:20 PM

I am saying, without even trying it may happen. Bush can stay in just because he has the money to. He can outlast the others and be in the running.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:48:19 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:47:20 PM, TBR wrote:

I am saying, without even trying it may happen. Bush can stay in just because he has the money to. He can outlast the others and be in the running.

Kasich is a better anti-Trump.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:49:27 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:48:19 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I would agree with that. I have no idea where he is on funds.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:51:27 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:49:27 PM, TBR wrote:

Low, with horrible name recognition. Has more energy than Bush though.

Trump has it in the bag.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:03:56 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:51:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/10/2016 4:49:27 PM, TBR wrote:

Low, with horrible name recognition. Has more energy than Bush though.

Trump has it in the bag.

Trump is holding very steady on polling. I still have room for bets that he is not the nominee. People, me included, want to rush what is a long process. There is a lot of room to work between now and the convention.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:12:12 PM

Bush is tainted with the family name, Rubio was shown to be a shell by Christie, Christie is about to drop out of the race assuming he hasnt already, and Kasich is a more watered down version of Romney from 2012.... I dont see any of them having a decisive advantage over each other anymore
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:38:58 PM
Nah, Bush is toast. He's only still in the race because he's lived a sheltered life and he's out of touch with all the Americans who have been spit on by Obama.

In other times he'd have made a fine president. But middle America wants a political warrior this time around, and they think Trump fits the bill.
This space for rent.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 6:14:17 PM
Im waiting till the South Carolina Primary to make any final decisions on the matter. Usually that one weeds out any of the non-establishment candidates (and its where Im predicting Trump starts losing). Jeb still has time to make a revival if he plays his cards right.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 3:29:44 AM

Like I've said for the past 6 months and have not waivered from. jeb Bush will be the nominee. Pokitical scientists have determined that the party decides, and he waz preordained along with Clinton. We will have a third Bush president.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:07:38 AM
At 2/10/2016 5:12:12 PM, imabench wrote:

Bush is tainted with the family name, Rubio was shown to be a shell by Christie, Christie is about to drop out of the race assuming he hasnt already, and Kasich is a more watered down version of Romney from 2012.... I dont see any of them having a decisive advantage over each other anymore

I fully agree with your assessment.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 7:13:56 AM
At 2/11/2016 3:29:44 AM, Wylted wrote:

Like I've said for the past 6 months and have not waivered from. jeb Bush will be the nominee. Pokitical scientists have determined that the party decides, and he waz preordained along with Clinton. We will have a third Bush president.

I'd prefer Trump over Bush, but I am inclined to agree with your assessment here. While I do think that Bush is tainted by his name, the establishment is certainly brash enough to give him the nomination anyways just to spite Trump for doing what he's done.

I'd hate to see it come down to Bush vs. Clinton - it'd prove to me that the will of the people amounts to nothing. All this energy for OTHER nominees, that then amounts to nothing? No way. If that happens, I'm going for a LLM in law school and leaving the country for good. I might visit several times throughout the years, but I refuse to be a citizen in the playground of an oligarchy.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...