Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christie, Fiorina drop out

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 8:43:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

LEEEEEET THE SUN SHIIIIIIIINE
LEEEEEET THE SUN SHIIIIIIIINE

THE SUUUUUUN SHINIIIIIIING

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 8:45:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Christie ended it gracefully:

"I have both won elections that I was supposed to lose and I've lost elections I was supposed to win. And what that means is you never know and it's both the magic and the mystery of politics -- that you never quite know when which is going to happen, even when you think you do. We leave New Hampshire tonight without an ounce of regret, not for the time we've spent, and for the thousands of people tonight in New Hampshire who will have voted for us. We thank each and every one of them."
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 8:46:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Trump's statement on Christie:

"Frankly, Chris is somebody that maybe wouldn't have to get out. I think somebody like Jeb Bush has far less talent than Chris, and he's still in so you know, it's one of those things."
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:16:03 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I had a feeling that Christe would drop out when he went to NJ instead of South Carolina.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:32:02 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Now it's time for Ben Carson and Jim Gilmore to drop out.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:32:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:32:02 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Now it's time for Ben Carson and Jim Gilmore to drop out.

Jim Gilmore will stick it to the end.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:34:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:32:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:32:02 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Now it's time for Ben Carson and Jim Gilmore to drop out.

Jim Gilmore will stick it to the end.
He probably will.

That man has his fingers in his ears 24/7.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:55:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

I think Rubio has all but lost his chance.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:55:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:34:07 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:32:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:32:02 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Now it's time for Ben Carson and Jim Gilmore to drop out.

Jim Gilmore will stick it to the end.
He probably will.

That man has his fingers in his ears 24/7.

He's not stubborn, he's trolling.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:56:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:55:22 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:34:07 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:32:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:32:02 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...
Now it's time for Ben Carson and Jim Gilmore to drop out.

Jim Gilmore will stick it to the end.
He probably will.

That man has his fingers in his ears 24/7.

He's not stubborn, he's trolling.
That's definitely a possibility.

Gosh, there are so many trolls in the GOP. I'm glad I left . . .
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:03:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

I do think Jeb will pick up most of those. Every drop out will almost exclusively go to Jeb until he ends up as thw party's nominee
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:06:21 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:55:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

I think Rubio has all but lost his chance.

We'll see. It won't be Cruz, and It wont be Jeb. Lots of them are going to go to rubio.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:06:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:03:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

I do think Jeb will pick up most of those. Every drop out will almost exclusively go to Jeb until he ends up as thw party's nominee

I think rubio. Those are going to be establishment votes, which is in Rubios ballpark
Aran55633
Posts: 110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:10:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:55:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

I think Rubio has all but lost his chance.

I disagree. I think Rubio is still a contender.

Some of Christie's support will probably go to Cruz simply because Cruz is one of the current frontrunners, but I don't believe he'll take much of it. Christie's ideology is far more moderate than that of Cruz; there's a reason why Cruz focused on Iowa and Christie focused on New Hampshire.

I think Christie's support will be split primarily by Kasich, Bush and Rubio.

But I definitely agree with Mikal on the point that this is when Trump's lead will begin to erode. There are MANY Republican voters who will not support Trump because they see him for the buffoon he is. The real nominee will eventually be decided by the anti-Trump demographic, just give it time.
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:23:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Christie may endorse Trump. The two had a long phone call last night
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:28:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

It's too late.

Christie had very little support outside of New Hampshire. New Hampshire was supposed to willow the "establishment" lane so that the alpha cuck could be crowned and hopefully take on Trump. Instead Kasich, who has basically 0 support outside of New Hampshire, got a solid second and Bush finished above Rubio. Bush, Rubio, and Kasich are going to be fighting it out for the "establishment" support...which really isn't that much. Way less than what Trump and Cruz are getting.

The entire premise for defeating Trump was based on the false premise that Trump is at his ceiling of support. Head to head he usually beats the other Republican candidates, meaning that as people drop out Trump will pick up support too. Guarantee you that if Cruz dropped out tomorrow 90% of his votes would be going to Trump. The problem for Trump is that Cruz isn't going to drop out, and the splitting of the anti establishment vote could've caused a loss if the field had consolidated behind an alpha cuck. But thanks to New Hampshire it didn't, and soon it'll be too late.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:29:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Now that Christie is out who will hammer Rubio to the wall in the next debate? :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:31:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:29:53 PM, imabench wrote:
Now that Christie is out who will hammer Rubio to the wall in the next debate? :P

Prolly an EMP burst.
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:32:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
If it wasn't for Christies heroic suicide attack on Ruboto at the last debate the robot likely would've gotten 2nd and perhaps could've stumped the Trump. Christies service to the god-emperor will be remembered and honored for all time
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:33:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:29:53 PM, imabench wrote:
Now that Christie is out who will hammer Rubio to the wall in the next debate? :P

I child in a town hall meeting? A stiff wind, or perhaps another tricky bottle of water. They guy has an issue.
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:37:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:31:53 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/10/2016 10:29:53 PM, imabench wrote:
Now that Christie is out who will hammer Rubio to the wall in the next debate? :P

Prolly an EMP burst.

^
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 10:56:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:28:51 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

It's too late.

Christie had very little support outside of New Hampshire. New Hampshire was supposed to willow the "establishment" lane so that the alpha cuck could be crowned and hopefully take on Trump. Instead Kasich, who has basically 0 support outside of New Hampshire, got a solid second and Bush finished above Rubio. Bush, Rubio, and Kasich are going to be fighting it out for the "establishment" support...which really isn't that much. Way less than what Trump and Cruz are getting.

The entire premise for defeating Trump was based on the false premise that Trump is at his ceiling of support. Head to head he usually beats the other Republican candidates, meaning that as people drop out Trump will pick up support too. Guarantee you that if Cruz dropped out tomorrow 90% of his votes would be going to Trump. The problem for Trump is that Cruz isn't going to drop out, and the splitting of the anti establishment vote could've caused a loss if the field had consolidated behind an alpha cuck. But thanks to New Hampshire it didn't, and soon it'll be too late.

I think that is a false Dichotomy though. Trumps support is literally off the wall, anti establishment voters. It's much the same as Cruz. The Establishment hates both of them, so it's logical to assume trump would pick up the Cruz votes. The votes from Rubio, Kaisch , and Jeb are all different sectors of votes. Trumps maximum capacity is reached because everyone who is going to vote for him has. The only thing he can do is lose support unless other anti establishment picks drop out (Cruz), which is not going to happen.

Christy, and fio will be split between Jeb Rubio and Kaisch, I agree. They will not go to trump, and some could even go to Cruz because people do not few him as *purely* anti Establishment as much as they do trump.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:36:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I just went back and watched the Rubio vs Christie exchange. I recant my thought. Rubio was literally destroyed and repeated himself 3 times after Christie said he did

We need to dispel this notion that Barack Obama has no idea what he's doing x (3)

Holy hell Christie annihilated him
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:39:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Chris Christie literally imploded the GOP

Rubio was like the best shot and he shot him in the foot, for no other reason than just to do it, then drops out. The GOP leaders will now hate him forever because he handed trump the campaign
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:51:02 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 10:56:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 10:28:51 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

It's too late.

Christie had very little support outside of New Hampshire. New Hampshire was supposed to willow the "establishment" lane so that the alpha cuck could be crowned and hopefully take on Trump. Instead Kasich, who has basically 0 support outside of New Hampshire, got a solid second and Bush finished above Rubio. Bush, Rubio, and Kasich are going to be fighting it out for the "establishment" support...which really isn't that much. Way less than what Trump and Cruz are getting.

The entire premise for defeating Trump was based on the false premise that Trump is at his ceiling of support. Head to head he usually beats the other Republican candidates, meaning that as people drop out Trump will pick up support too. Guarantee you that if Cruz dropped out tomorrow 90% of his votes would be going to Trump. The problem for Trump is that Cruz isn't going to drop out, and the splitting of the anti establishment vote could've caused a loss if the field had consolidated behind an alpha cuck. But thanks to New Hampshire it didn't, and soon it'll be too late.

I think that is a false Dichotomy though. Trumps support is literally off the wall, anti establishment voters. It's much the same as Cruz. The Establishment hates both of them, so it's logical to assume trump would pick up the Cruz votes. The votes from Rubio, Kaisch , and Jeb are all different sectors of votes. Trumps maximum capacity is reached because everyone who is going to vote for him has. The only thing he can do is lose support unless other anti establishment picks drop out (Cruz), which is not going to happen.

This would be a compelling argument if people weren't saying the exact same thing since July. With a few exceptions (the first debate, the rise of Carson, the aftermath of Iowa) Trumps support has only gone up slowly but steadily. First his ceiling was the mid teens. Then it was 25%. Then it was 30%. Then in the weeks before Iowa he was consistently at 35%. His numbers took a hit of about 5 points in the RCP average after his loss in Iowa, but they'll almost certainly rebound now and perhaps be higher than ever, especially after he crushes in South Carolina.

The timing is another issue. Where is the establishment candidate going to win? For a while people were saying Rubio had a good shot of winning in Nevada because it has a lot of hispanic people and the GOP establishment thinks that hispanics aren't people but rather lemmings who will vote for anyone with an O in their last name, but while it hasn't been polled in a while his numbers are absolutely terrible there.

New Hampshire was supposed to winnow the field so that the top establishment candidate would emerge, put up a strong showing in South Carolina, hopefully win Nevada, and consolidate the loser vote before super Tuesday. Now the alpha cuck has to be crowned in South Carolina, and Nevada votes a mere three days after them so even if the field is FINALLY winnowed it'll be too late to consolidate support. Whichever establishment candidate left will be heading into super Tuesday 0-4. Trump will likely be 3-1.

At this point, the ONLY hope for a candidate that isn't named Trump or Cruz is for Cruz to hold Trump off long enough to stop his momentum which probably isn't going to happen. A lot of polls in other states came out post-Iowa and pre New Hampshire and while Trump's numbers definitely took a hit, he was still ahead in most and in the few that he trailed Cruz it was within the margin of error...and this was at Cruz's peak, fresh off winning Iowa. And he was still losing against a severely wounded Trump more often than not.

And to make matters worse for the establishment, the egos of Bush, Kasich, and Rubio likely won't allow them to drop out before their home states vote on March 15th. By that time, almost half of the contests will be completed. There's basically no hope for them.

And finally...the establishment hates them both as politicians, but their hatred for Cruz is personal. Nobody who has ever worked with the guy *doesn't* hate him. Push comes to shove, the establishment politicians and their voters will bandwagon with Trump.


Christy, and fio will be split between Jeb Rubio and Kaisch, I agree. They will not go to trump, and some could even go to Cruz because people do not few him as *purely* anti Establishment as much as they do trump.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:55:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 11:51:02 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 10:56:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 10:28:51 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 9:42:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:43:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Fiorina:

FINALLY.

http://www.cnn.com...

Christie:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

This is where donald starts to lose. Those voters are going to go between cruz and rubio. We are about to see the real nominee emerge

It's too late.

Christie had very little support outside of New Hampshire. New Hampshire was supposed to willow the "establishment" lane so that the alpha cuck could be crowned and hopefully take on Trump. Instead Kasich, who has basically 0 support outside of New Hampshire, got a solid second and Bush finished above Rubio. Bush, Rubio, and Kasich are going to be fighting it out for the "establishment" support...which really isn't that much. Way less than what Trump and Cruz are getting.

The entire premise for defeating Trump was based on the false premise that Trump is at his ceiling of support. Head to head he usually beats the other Republican candidates, meaning that as people drop out Trump will pick up support too. Guarantee you that if Cruz dropped out tomorrow 90% of his votes would be going to Trump. The problem for Trump is that Cruz isn't going to drop out, and the splitting of the anti establishment vote could've caused a loss if the field had consolidated behind an alpha cuck. But thanks to New Hampshire it didn't, and soon it'll be too late.

I think that is a false Dichotomy though. Trumps support is literally off the wall, anti establishment voters. It's much the same as Cruz. The Establishment hates both of them, so it's logical to assume trump would pick up the Cruz votes. The votes from Rubio, Kaisch , and Jeb are all different sectors of votes. Trumps maximum capacity is reached because everyone who is going to vote for him has. The only thing he can do is lose support unless other anti establishment picks drop out (Cruz), which is not going to happen.

This would be a compelling argument if people weren't saying the exact same thing since July. With a few exceptions (the first debate, the rise of Carson, the aftermath of Iowa) Trumps support has only gone up slowly but steadily. First his ceiling was the mid teens. Then it was 25%. Then it was 30%. Then in the weeks before Iowa he was consistently at 35%. His numbers took a hit of about 5 points in the RCP average after his loss in Iowa, but they'll almost certainly rebound now and perhaps be higher than ever, especially after he crushes in South Carolina.

The timing is another issue. Where is the establishment candidate going to win? For a while people were saying Rubio had a good shot of winning in Nevada because it has a lot of hispanic people and the GOP establishment thinks that hispanics aren't people but rather lemmings who will vote for anyone with an O in their last name, but while it hasn't been polled in a while his numbers are absolutely terrible there.

New Hampshire was supposed to winnow the field so that the top establishment candidate would emerge, put up a strong showing in South Carolina, hopefully win Nevada, and consolidate the loser vote before super Tuesday. Now the alpha cuck has to be crowned in South Carolina, and Nevada votes a mere three days after them so even if the field is FINALLY winnowed it'll be too late to consolidate support. Whichever establishment candidate left will be heading into super Tuesday 0-4. Trump will likely be 3-1.

At this point, the ONLY hope for a candidate that isn't named Trump or Cruz is for Cruz to hold Trump off long enough to stop his momentum which probably isn't going to happen. A lot of polls in other states came out post-Iowa and pre New Hampshire and while Trump's numbers definitely took a hit, he was still ahead in most and in the few that he trailed Cruz it was within the margin of error...and this was at Cruz's peak, fresh off winning Iowa. And he was still losing against a severely wounded Trump more often than not.

And to make matters worse for the establishment, the egos of Bush, Kasich, and Rubio likely won't allow them to drop out before their home states vote on March 15th. By that time, almost half of the contests will be completed. There's basically no hope for them.

And finally...the establishment hates them both as politicians, but their hatred for Cruz is personal. Nobody who has ever worked with the guy *doesn't* hate him. Push comes to shove, the establishment politicians and their voters will bandwagon with Trump.


Christy, and fio will be split between Jeb Rubio and Kaisch, I agree. They will not go to trump, and some could even go to Cruz because people do not few him as *purely* anti Establishment as much as they do trump.

Read above. I just saw the full rubio christy exchange. That may have sealed it for trump
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 11:55:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/10/2016 8:46:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Trump's statement on Christie:

"Frankly, Chris is somebody that maybe wouldn't have to get out. I think somebody like Jeb Bush has far less talent than Chris, and he's still in so you know, it's one of those things."

I agree with this 100%.
Tsar of DDO