Total Posts:218|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why I have no fear of being called a racist

YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:08:35 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

For all the "alpha" talk from the knuckle dragging crowd, it would seem it is they who the hardest time accepting any term that makes them uncomfortable. I talk about things I dislike, and when called on it, all I have to do is think about it. I might be wrong, no prob. I can change my mind. If I still think I am right, no charges are brought, no legal fees, no detainment. Who the he11 cares?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:10:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

On a tangent. Watching Natalie Merchant and Michael Stipe sing "To Sir With Love" to each other. I can smell her lipstick. I had such a crush on her when I was 19.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:19:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:08:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

For all the "alpha" talk from the knuckle dragging crowd, it would seem it is they who the hardest time accepting any term that makes them uncomfortable. I talk about things I dislike, and when called on it, all I have to do is think about it. I might be wrong, no prob. I can change my mind. If I still think I am right, no charges are brought, no legal fees, no detainment. Who the he11 cares?

People use race like dog trainers use dog whistles (that's thett's comparison, and I'm borrowing it, because it's a good one). And those who know of the dog whistle's existence, even if they're impervious to its effect, resent its use. The reason they resent its use is because they know the difference between what social justice warrior lunatics call racism, and what real racism is; and they despise being cast in that lot.

But I, more or less, do not care. Calling me a racist means nothing to me, because the insult means nothing other than that the person calling me a racist is themselves ignorant of what the term means, or they are being intellectually dishonest (i.e. blowing the dog whistle).
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:35:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:19:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:08:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

For all the "alpha" talk from the knuckle dragging crowd, it would seem it is they who the hardest time accepting any term that makes them uncomfortable. I talk about things I dislike, and when called on it, all I have to do is think about it. I might be wrong, no prob. I can change my mind. If I still think I am right, no charges are brought, no legal fees, no detainment. Who the he11 cares?

People use race like dog trainers use dog whistles (that's thett's comparison, and I'm borrowing it, because it's a good one). And those who know of the dog whistle's existence, even if they're impervious to its effect, resent its use. The reason they resent its use is because they know the difference between what social justice warrior lunatics call racism, and what real racism is; and they despise being cast in that lot.

But I, more or less, do not care. Calling me a racist means nothing to me, because the insult means nothing other than that the person calling me a racist is themselves ignorant of what the term means, or they are being intellectually dishonest (i.e. blowing the dog whistle).

Calling me a racist means about the same to me as calling me a faggot. I could care less, and I have no reason to defend why I cross my legs like Dick VanDike
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:37:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:19:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:08:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

For all the "alpha" talk from the knuckle dragging crowd, it would seem it is they who the hardest time accepting any term that makes them uncomfortable. I talk about things I dislike, and when called on it, all I have to do is think about it. I might be wrong, no prob. I can change my mind. If I still think I am right, no charges are brought, no legal fees, no detainment. Who the he11 cares?

People use race like dog trainers use dog whistles (that's thett's comparison, and I'm borrowing it, because it's a good one). And those who know of the dog whistle's existence, even if they're impervious to its effect, resent its use. The reason they resent its use is because they know the difference between what social justice warrior lunatics call racism, and what real racism is; and they despise being cast in that lot.

But I, more or less, do not care. Calling me a racist means nothing to me, because the insult means nothing other than that the person calling me a racist is themselves ignorant of what the term means, or they are being intellectually dishonest (i.e. blowing the dog whistle).

By the by. Still watching 20somthing Natalie Merchant (on the heals of watching Belinda Carlisle) I am so f*cking straight I have no concern if you and I want to go to Gentry for a drink
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:38:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

http://www.liketotally80s.com...
http://www.akuma.de...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:47:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:38:34 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

http://www.liketotally80s.com...
http://www.akuma.de...

lol ok
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:50:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

I don't disagree. I would add that the multiculturalists and liberal internationalists who are pushing "solidarity" with the immigrants are the reason that Golden Dawn exists.

These refugees (and in reality, that's what they should be calling them; not immigrants) are destabilizing Europe, and even though everyone with eyes can see it, so many have been blinded by the ideological idiocy that they have been indoctrinated to believe that they cannot see the consequences of their disastrous policies.

For the record, I agree with Trump's assessment of Merkel.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day. Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:54:17 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Those on the left; in particular, the intellectual left, who would use race as a political weapon to manipulate non-minorities into supporting patronizing and humiliating policies and agendas (i.e. reparations, support for black-lives-matter, etc) are one of among many serious problems our country faces.

They have already overrun academia; they and their ideas are toxic to free and open discourse, candid discussion, and meaningful social advocacy.
Tsar of DDO
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:55:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day. Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.

Oh course there's legitimate racism everyday, but that's getting obscured by the overuse of the term.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:55:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day.

You missed the point. His point was that when you play the race card where there isn't legitimate racism, you're making the phrase meaningless.

Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 5:59:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:55:27 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day.

You missed the point. His point was that when you play the race card where there isn't legitimate racism, you're making the phrase meaningless.

I take issue with the "legitimate racism". That is, legitimate racism is whatever the other person is feeling. If I disagree, that is equal. He thinks I am a racist, I think about it, and disagree, OK. Still, it is legitimate in the other person's mind.

Now. Honestly, when I responded I was thinking about something else. What I was thinking about is the almost weekly interactions I have with white male groups who are dismissive of women, minorities, homosexuals, and cats. It happens every fourth or fifth time the doors are closed, and denying it is insulting to all.


Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:01:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:19:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:08:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:00:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:58:56 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 4:53:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have no fear of being called a racist, because the term is meaningless. It has been overused by so many, that everything is racist; ergo, nothing is racist.

To voice concerns about immigration, the migrant crisis in Europe, the depravity that exists throughout the Middle East because of Islam, or even black culture in the United States is to assume the risk that someone will take offense.

I don't care about other people being offended. I care about reality.

There are many among us who would try to use language to limit what topics we can even discuss. They are the people who would portray those who want secure borders; those who see Islamic culture for what it is; or who understand why trans-generational poverty exists in African-American communities, as racists. They are the ones who would take candid discussions of those issues off the table.

Race matters in this country, but it doesn't matter in the way that so many of the "politically correct" lot would have you believe. Race matters because it is a political weapon wielded by the intellectual left to shame non-minorities into capitulation to their social agenda.

I do not hate, disparage, or even look down on anyone because of the color of their skin. God created all people equally. No one should be condemned on the basis of their race; but racial differences are, at the same time, our country's most pronounced cultural fault lines. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I have no issue with being called racist, not because it has no meaning, but because it has no force. If I am being racist at some point, and its not only possible, but probable, I am fine with someone telling me. I have options on what I can do with the information, but the word causes me no harm.

Likewise, and if I am the person who is being called a racist, that is a stronger indictment of the person calling me a racist, than it is of me.

For all the "alpha" talk from the knuckle dragging crowd, it would seem it is they who the hardest time accepting any term that makes them uncomfortable. I talk about things I dislike, and when called on it, all I have to do is think about it. I might be wrong, no prob. I can change my mind. If I still think I am right, no charges are brought, no legal fees, no detainment. Who the he11 cares?

People use race like dog trainers use dog whistles (that's thett's comparison, and I'm borrowing it, because it's a good one). And those who know of the dog whistle's existence, even if they're impervious to its effect, resent its use. The reason they resent its use is because they know the difference between what social justice warrior lunatics call racism, and what real racism is; and they despise being cast in that lot.

But I, more or less, do not care. Calling me a racist means nothing to me, because the insult means nothing other than that the person calling me a racist is themselves ignorant of what the term means, or they are being intellectually dishonest (i.e. blowing the dog whistle).

NOW! More important question!

https://youtu.be...
http://youtu.be...

Will you f*ck the androgynous Natalie Merchant, or the 20's glam Natalie Merchant? No man is that gay. Just answer the damn question!
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:06:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:59:45 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:55:27 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day.

You missed the point. His point was that when you play the race card where there isn't legitimate racism, you're making the phrase meaningless.

I take issue with the "legitimate racism". That is, legitimate racism is whatever the other person is feeling. If I disagree, that is equal. He thinks I am a racist, I think about it, and disagree, OK. Still, it is legitimate in the other person's mind.

I was using the term objectively, not subjectively. The scope of what social justice warriors, in their myopic, ignorant, delusional zeal, call "racism" is not racism at all. They're crying wolf more than they are saying meaningful things.

Now. Honestly, when I responded I was thinking about something else. What I was thinking about is the almost weekly interactions I have with white male groups who are dismissive of women, minorities, homosexuals, and cats. It happens every fourth or fifth time the doors are closed, and denying it is insulting to all.

They aren't even going to participate in the discussion...

Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?
2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:19:23 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day. Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.

Would you care about it, if it was untrue?
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:19:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?

Poorly worded question; what counts for "subtext" is ambiguous.

2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?

No. Too female.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:23:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 5:59:45 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:55:27 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:52:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 5:42:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
The problem with pulling the race card or racial accusation too often is like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, eventually no one will take racism seriously and when legitimately race motivated Hate groups (Golden Dawn in Greece for example) start coming along, no one takes them seriously until all the sheep get eaten, or in this case, an violent incident against a minority occurs.

(That was one h3ll of a run on sentence)

Bull sh1t. There is legitimate racism every damn day.

You missed the point. His point was that when you play the race card where there isn't legitimate racism, you're making the phrase meaningless.

I take issue with the "legitimate racism". That is, legitimate racism is whatever the other person is feeling. If I disagree, that is equal. He thinks I am a racist, I think about it, and disagree, OK. Still, it is legitimate in the other person's mind.

I think what is levitimate in reality is what's really important.

Now. Honestly, when I responded I was thinking about something else. What I was thinking about is the almost weekly interactions I have with white male groups who are dismissive of women, minorities, homosexuals, and cats. It happens every fourth or fifth time the doors are closed, and denying it is insulting to all.

Why don't you stop hanging out with asswholes?


Point is, or should be that when called on it, don't react like you are under investigation or going to be charged with a crime. Look, and day of the week you could call me bigoted about Muslims. You would be 1) right 2) I wouldn't care one bit. Call me out! Its not like I don't think about what is said to me, but the word is not kryptonite, I am not melting.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:26:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?
2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?

He'd have to be some sort of homo to say no to the second question.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:28:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:19:29 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?

Poorly worded question; what counts for "subtext" is ambiguous.

OK. I know I am part of a group, and not part of other groups. The cool kids liked me, almost always, but why was unclear. When talking there was clearly conversation that was "over my head" socially. Its not hard to spot, it is a part of daily life. Communication that is "coded" in some form. Jocks talking, girls talking about whatever they are talking about - glitter stickers (seriously, as an adult male, I know from my wife and many others, this is the crap they talk about at 6th grade). Point is, the IN crowd of any social structure has insider communication. Words, expressions, gestures, anything. It is a natural part of social structures. The subtext is understandable to the people closer to the center of the structure.


2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?

No. Too female.

FA*!
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:30:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:26:16 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?
2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?

He'd have to be some sort of homo to say no to the second question.

Right?
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:30:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/12/2016 6:28:03 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:19:29 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:15:52 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:12:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:09:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 2/12/2016 6:03:44 AM, YYW wrote:
I will add this, if you are offended by candid discussion of the cultural issues like immigration, the refugee invasion in Europe, or trans generational black poverty, then the problem is *you* not the discussion.

If you call that a "micro-aggression" or a "micro-invalidation" or any other fictitious myth of oppression, the problem is *you*, not the discussion.

If you think that it is improper to discuss such things, because they might hurt other people's feelings, or cause people to feel "micro-aggressed" or "micro-invalidated" or any other fantasy; the problem is you, not the discussion.

Microagression has become a... bad term. I think it has its use, that it has merit. I know the "message" send between my tribe, the message is intended for ME not THEM. Now, how this is expressed purposely is silly, or neive. This is how people interact. It is there natural state.

If your standard for what is objectively wrong is how someone else subjectively reacts to it, without any regard for what is inherent to the act, then your supposed wrong is arbitrary and capricious.

That is exactly the problem with micro-aggressions, and it's why they are intellectual trash, just on their conceptual face.

Beyond their conceptual face, it's insidious race baiting that serves no purpose other than to divide people and encourage them to engage in racial identity-based political affiliations (read: precipitate actual racism).

OK. I have two questions I want direct answers for please.

1) Is there subtext in conversations - communication for an audience of like types?

Poorly worded question; what counts for "subtext" is ambiguous.

OK. I know I am part of a group, and not part of other groups. The cool kids liked me, almost always, but why was unclear. When talking there was clearly conversation that was "over my head" socially. Its not hard to spot, it is a part of daily life. Communication that is "coded" in some form. Jocks talking, girls talking about whatever they are talking about - glitter stickers (seriously, as an adult male, I know from my wife and many others, this is the crap they talk about at 6th grade). Point is, the IN crowd of any social structure has insider communication. Words, expressions, gestures, anything. It is a natural part of social structures. The subtext is understandable to the people closer to the center of the structure.

Your point?

2) Would you f*ck Natalie Merchant or not?

No. Too female.

FA*!
Tsar of DDO