Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Closed Political Threads

BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 8:59:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy being able to discuss politics and debate with people I disagree with, but sometimes it is really nice to preach to the choir.
Should there be threads that can be closed to ddo members who don't have a certain ideology or party affiliation?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:07:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
No
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:08:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 8:59:39 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy being able to discuss politics and debate with people I disagree with, but sometimes it is really nice to preach to the choir.
Should there be threads that can be closed to ddo members who don't have a certain ideology or party affiliation?

I cannot even believe that anyone is asking that question.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:16:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 8:59:39 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy being able to discuss politics and debate with people I disagree with, but sometimes it is really nice to preach to the choir.
Should there be threads that can be closed to ddo members who don't have a certain ideology or party affiliation?

No I don't think so. After all you can ignore people you disagree with and not respond to their posts if you don't feel like arguing about an issue.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:16:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 8:59:39 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy being able to discuss politics and debate with people I disagree with, but sometimes it is really nice to preach to the choir.
Should there be threads that can be closed to ddo members who don't have a certain ideology or party affiliation?

No, there are plenty of places on the internet to go to if you want an echo chamber.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:21:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
We need a thread where only supporters of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea are allowed to enter, no Western Neo-Imperialists allowed.
http://c3.thejournal.ie...
"Change your sig."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:41:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 9:21:56 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
We need a thread where only supporters of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea are allowed to enter, no Western Neo-Imperialists allowed.
http://c3.thejournal.ie...

I know right? These stupid westerners and their imperialistic ideas, they never leave the DPRK alone.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 9:46:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 9:41:10 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:21:56 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
We need a thread where only supporters of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea are allowed to enter, no Western Neo-Imperialists allowed.
http://c3.thejournal.ie...

I know right? These stupid westerners and their imperialistic ideas, they never leave the DPRK alone.

Even if we made a thread in glory of the Supreme Leader, Bourgeois imperialists would have invaded it! Let's have our revenge! This thread is now a Juche thread.
"Change your sig."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 10:41:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 9:46:01 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:41:10 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:21:56 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
We need a thread where only supporters of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea are allowed to enter, no Western Neo-Imperialists allowed.
http://c3.thejournal.ie...

I know right? These stupid westerners and their imperialistic ideas, they never leave the DPRK alone.

Even if we made a thread in glory of the Supreme Leader, Bourgeois imperialists would have invaded it! Let's have our revenge! This thread is now a Juche thread.



The westerns are way too experienced in imperialism, I mean look at all the imperialism in the past D:<
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 10:50:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 10:41:25 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:46:01 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:41:10 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 2/13/2016 9:21:56 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
We need a thread where only supporters of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea are allowed to enter, no Western Neo-Imperialists allowed.
http://c3.thejournal.ie...

I know right? These stupid westerners and their imperialistic ideas, they never leave the DPRK alone.

Even if we made a thread in glory of the Supreme Leader, Bourgeois imperialists would have invaded it! Let's have our revenge! This thread is now a Juche thread.



The westerns are way too experienced in imperialism, I mean look at all the imperialism in the past D:<

The advance of the proletariat is inevitable! One day the imperialists will have nowhere to go but forward to the revolution!
"Change your sig."
~YYW
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:49:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/13/2016 8:59:39 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy being able to discuss politics and debate with people I disagree with, but sometimes it is really nice to preach to the choir.
Should there be threads that can be closed to ddo members who don't have a certain ideology or party affiliation?

That would defeat the very purpose of this website. This is not www.circlejerk.com.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.