Jump to topic:

The Next President of The U.S.

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 6:46:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found the 45th president of the United States. His name is Marco Rubio. And after Obama is reelected (and he will be reelected), Rubio will become the next president.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 6:57:59 PM
At 11/3/2010 6:46:50 PM, Freeman wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found the 45th president of the United States. His name is Marco Rubio. And after Obama is reelected (and he will be reelected), Rubio will become the next president.

I certainly hope not. On both predictions.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:01:46 PM

I am praying that old white voters to pop up from the ground and vote in 2012.
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:05:27 PM
Ron Paul is going to win 2012.

"Ron Paul can beat Barack Obama in 2012, according to the latest Rasmussen poll: If the elections were held today, Obama would gain 42% of the vote compared to Paul's 41% – statistical dead heat. Among independents, Paul has an astonishing 47% to 28% edge over the president."

http://www.ronpaul.com...

Unfortunately, Ron Paul hasn't been convinced to run again.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:10:37 PM
At 11/3/2010 7:05:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"Ron Paul can beat Barack Obama in 2012, according to the latest Rasmussen poll: If the elections were held today, Obama would gain 42% of the vote compared to Paul's 41% – statistical dead heat. Among independents, Paul has an astonishing 47% to 28% edge over the president."

http://www.ronpaul.com...

Unfortunately, Ron Paul hasn't been convinced to run again.

There's also the matter of winning the Republican primary... which wouldn't happen. Running as an independent wouldn't exactly put him in a better position either.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:11:44 PM
Haven't y'all been informed Osama Bin Laden's all the rage . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:12:07 PM

Lol

Obama will win. Regan and Clinton were in the same position he is in right now. There's now one strong enough to take him on at any rate.

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:17:51 PM
At 11/3/2010 7:01:46 PM, Koopin wrote:

Unless the rapture actually occurs, I don't think that's going to happen.

J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:25:13 PM
At 11/3/2010 7:17:51 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 11/3/2010 7:01:46 PM, Koopin wrote:

Unless the rapture actually occurs, I don't think that's going to happen.

Well, I mean, Obama is the antichrist, ya' know.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 7:38:20 PM
At 11/3/2010 7:12:07 PM, Freeman wrote:

Lol

Obama will win. Regan and Clinton were in the same position he is in right now. There's now one strong enough to take him on at any rate.

The difference is that Reagan and Clinton ran for election while the economy was booming. Obama won't.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 10:51:19 AM
At 11/3/2010 7:42:31 PM, comoncents wrote:
GO Marco Rubio; Cuban americans are awesome!!!

He's in the fvcking TEA PARTY. He is not awesome.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:15:53 AM
At 11/3/2010 7:12:07 PM, Freeman wrote:

Lol

You realize that Clinton was the only democrat to get two terms since Roosevelt? He won't win, but if it makes you feel better it's okay to hope.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:16:39 AM
At 11/3/2010 7:42:31 PM, comoncents wrote:
GO Marco Rubio; Cuban americans are awesome!!!

You're right... I'll totally vote for him now, since he's Cuban.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:18:54 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:15:53 AM, innomen wrote:
You realize that Clinton was the only democrat to get two terms since Roosevelt? He won't win, but if it makes you feel better it's okay to hope.

It depends who wins the Republican nomination. The whole problem was that they're too divided as a party, between conservatives, moderates, the Tea Party people, etc. However the Tea Party is gaining speed with I think 1 in 5 Americans either identifying with the party or supporting it. There's also a lot that can happen between now and 2012. If the Republicans find 1 strong person to stand behind, Obama doesn't stand a chance. However if Sarah Palin or some other divisive figure wins the primary, I think Obama has a real shot. It's too early to tell imo.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:28:52 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:18:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/4/2010 11:15:53 AM, innomen wrote:

It depends who wins the Republican nomination. The whole problem was that they're too divided as a party, between conservatives, moderates, the Tea Party people, etc. However the Tea Party is gaining speed with I think 1 in 5 Americans either identifying with the party or supporting it. There's also a lot that can happen between now and 2012. If the Republicans find 1 strong person to stand behind, Obama doesn't stand a chance. However if Sarah Palin or some other divisive figure wins the primary, I think Obama has a real shot. It's too early to tell imo.

Yes it will depend on that, partially. The gains made this week were pretty severe by the republicans. If Obama cannot make progress in something, particularly the economy, if the dollar continues to slide and unemployment isn't improved by 3 full points, i really don't see him winning. If he simply changes blame from Bush to the republican house it will work against him. People are tired of that, and really want something, anything to be better. However, if the republicans put up someone like huckabee or some other tired retread - then they're gonna just step in it. Most likely the republicans have gained some currency where they can build some coalitions in their party - if they don't they will remain fractured, but they probably will gain unity after what happened, not sure if they can hold it though.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:34:41 AM
At present, I do not see anyone in the Republican Party that can beat Barry. As Lwerd stated, their chances are further diminished by splitting conservative votes between the Republicans and the Tea Parties.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:45:34 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:40:43 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Almost anybody would be fine, as long as Sarah Palin doesn't win.

I strongly concur definitley NOT Sarah Palin, but also not "almost anybody." (I'm assuming you meant that tongue in cheek?)

Perhaps Rubio has a decent chance, as long as the Conservatives agree to support him and not split their votes.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:48:31 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:45:34 AM, twsurber wrote:
At 11/4/2010 11:40:43 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Almost anybody would be fine, as long as Sarah Palin doesn't win.

I strongly concur definitley NOT Sarah Palin, but also not "almost anybody." (I'm assuming you meant that tongue in cheek?)

Perhaps Rubio has a decent chance, as long as the Conservatives agree to support him and not split their votes.

Well I'm pretty open, considering I don't really identify with one party. I'm kinda all over the spectrum although if I had to choose between the US parties I would probably be more Republican than Democrat. With that said, I really do not like Sarah Palin though.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:51:40 AM
It still takes more then just a strong opponent for Obama. If the republicans continue to just block everything, and nothing gets done, and the economy doesn't turn around, it is not going to help the republicans.

Exit polls show that Americans are upset with both parties, and deadlock is only going to make that worse.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:56:21 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:51:40 AM, OreEle wrote:
It still takes more then just a strong opponent for Obama. If the republicans continue to just block everything, and nothing gets done, and the economy doesn't turn around, it is not going to help the republicans.

Exit polls show that Americans are upset with both parties, and deadlock is only going to make that worse.

Yeah thats what scares me. I'm scared that healthcare will be gone, war prolonged, and no tax reduction to normal people (that aren't rich, and even those that are rich will go back and forth between being taxed more or less than everyone else) and just general NOTHING getting done because BOTH parties are busy fighting with each other. Then you have republicans splitting off into the tea party, and democrats splitting between those that support obama and those that deny him, its just a wreck and until they learn how to pull together for the good of the american people at LEAST, it wont get any better for anyone.
Thats just my fear, it may be irrational, and I may not know what I'm talking about.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:58:38 AM
At 11/4/2010 11:56:21 AM, lovelife wrote:

Then you have republicans splitting off into the tea party, and democrats splitting between those that support obama and those that deny him, its just a wreck and until they learn how to pull together for the good of the american people at LEAST, it wont get any better for anyone.

That's a problem with being so polarized I suppose, especially when there's only two main parties.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 12:00:13 PM
At 11/4/2010 11:58:38 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Then you have republicans splitting off into the tea party, and democrats splitting between those that support obama and those that deny him, its just a wreck and until they learn how to pull together for the good of the american people at LEAST, it wont get any better for anyone.

That's a problem with being so polarized I suppose, especially when there's only two main parties.

Mom says its good that the tea party is so big now so we are now a 3 party system. I think its just cause she really doesn't want republicans in office -_-
It is a problem tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 12:18:03 PM
At 11/4/2010 11:51:40 AM, OreEle wrote:

Yeah thats what scares me. I'm scared that healthcare will be gone, war prolonged, and no tax reduction to normal people (that aren't rich, and even those that are rich will go back and forth between being taxed more or less than everyone else) and just general NOTHING getting done because BOTH parties are busy fighting with each other. Then you have republicans splitting off into the tea party, and democrats splitting between those that support obama and those that deny him, its just a wreck and until they learn how to pull together for the good of the american people at LEAST, it wont get any better for anyone.
Thats just my fear, it may be irrational, and I may not know what I'm talking about.

Actually, you shouldn't worry about it too much. What happens in washington isn't so important that it is literally going to make or break the entire country. I'm more excited to see what will happen, because I know whether nothing gets done, or the democrats balk and a bunch of conservative legislation passes, or the republicans balk and a bunch of liberal legislation passes, my job isn't going anywhere. And if, for some reason, it does leave, I have enough skills to do most anything.

I mean, look at unemployment. A change from 6% to 10% is considered huge, politically. And to the 4% of people that lose their jobs, it seems pretty darn big to them, too. But on a grand scale, 96% of people are uneffected (6% started unemployed and ended unemployed, and 90% of people started employed and ended employed). Sure, maybe I'll get a smaller raise, or it gets pushed back a few months, but that isn't going to end my life or put my out on the streets.

And there are tens of millions of people that go through their entire lives without ever knowing a drop of politics and what is going on with the country, they just stay flexible and keep focused on their own lives.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 12:19:10 PM
At 11/4/2010 12:00:13 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/4/2010 11:58:38 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Mom says its good that the tea party is so big now so we are now a 3 party system. I think its just cause she really doesn't want republicans in office -_-
It is a problem tho.

Tea party is just extreme republicans.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 10:11:05 AM
Remember that Obama was not identified as a contender two years before e was elected President.

One of the most interesting aspects of the current election is that here are many new Republicans, any of which might emerge as a contender. Rubio and Rand Paul are obvious, but there are also eleven new Republican governors. These include Nicki Haley in South Carolina and Susana Martinez in New Mexico.

I wonder if Haley Barber, who has been governor of Mississippi since before Hurricane Katrina, might have a chance. Barber's thing is competence. His handling of the Katrina catastrophe and the Gulf oil spill were outstanding, putting the Feds to shame, and he headed up the remarkable effort to get those eleven Republican governors elected. After the Obama experience, maybe competence will have some charm ... nah, too extreme.