Jump to topic:

Police perceptions

M.Gill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:14:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Just as a little background; I'm currently a student at university in my third year researching public perceptions regarding police power and power legitimacy. If you want more information or are simply keen and wish to get stuck straight in and have your say, follow the link below and it will take you to the short survey.

Additionally any comments, ideas surrounding or your opinions themselves should you want to share them here as well are welcome as this is a topic I am genuinely interested in and want to hear what you all think about it.

http://goo.gl...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:19:01 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:14:49 PM, M.Gill wrote:
Just as a little background; I'm currently a student at university in my third year researching public perceptions regarding police power and power legitimacy. If you want more information or are simply keen and wish to get stuck straight in and have your say, follow the link below and it will take you to the short survey.

Additionally any comments, ideas surrounding or your opinions themselves should you want to share them here as well are welcome as this is a topic I am genuinely interested in and want to hear what you all think about it.

Why is the term community policing just given lip service?

Just a test to insure you know what you're talking about: why does an officer executing a felony warrant during a traffic stop leave his door unlocked and window rolled down, when leaving the vehicle?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:20:53 PM

Same as my other 2 responses.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
M.Gill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:30:45 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:19:01 PM, Wylted wrote:

Just a test to insure you know what you're talking about: why does an officer executing a felony warrant during a traffic stop leave his door unlocked and window rolled down, when leaving the vehicle?

One would have to assume in all probability it is because the officer is content in the knowledge that a) the officer is near enough to the vehicle that nothing could happen without him being aware, b) that the officer is perhaps comforted that being a figure of authority that they are less likely to be accosted and c) if they were accosted then they are perhaps more sure than the ordinary citizen that they are capable of stopping it and or dealing with the situation effectively. Also here in the UK officers go around in pairs more often than not so there is often one still inside the vehicle at stops.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:42:57 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:30:45 PM, M.Gill wrote:

One would have to assume in all probability it is because the officer is content in the knowledge that a) the officer is near enough to the vehicle that nothing could happen without him being aware, b) that the officer is perhaps comforted that being a figure of authority that they are less likely to be accosted and c) if they were accosted then they are perhaps more sure than the ordinary citizen that they are capable of stopping it and or dealing with the situation effectively. Also here in the UK officers go around in pairs more often than not so there is often one still inside the vehicle at stops.

During a felony stop, the poli e stops the vehicle giving clear instructions on his bull horn and takes a position on the outside of his car with the door unlocjed and the window down, he waits until back up arrives so he can cuff the guy in a safe say. The car is unlocked so that the other officers arriving at the scene can easily grab more ammo and weapons from the car.
M.Gill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:54:26 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:42:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/14/2016 6:30:45 PM, M.Gill wrote:

During a felony stop, the poli e stops the vehicle giving clear instructions on his bull horn and takes a position on the outside of his car with the door unlocjed and the window down, he waits until back up arrives so he can cuff the guy in a safe say. The car is unlocked so that the other officers arriving at the scene can easily grab more ammo and weapons from the car.

I was not aware of that. Again; reference being UK, we are not accustomed to officers carrying, hence my non-firearm related thinking.